Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Are you ready to see a miracle?

Rate this topic

:salam:

Nabi Musa (عليه السلام) crossed the sea, not Nile river. It is not the first time I hear this from `ulama. 

This is getting annoying.

وَلَقَدْ أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَىٰ مُوسَىٰ أَنْ أَسْرِ بِعِبَادِي فَاضْرِبْ لَهُمْ طَرِيقًا فِي الْبَحْرِ

31 minutes ago, realizm said:

Nabi Musa (عليه السلام) crossed the sea, not Nile river. It is not the first time I hear this from `ulama. 

This is getting annoying.

وَلَقَدْ أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَىٰ مُوسَىٰ أَنْ أَسْرِ بِعِبَادِي فَاضْرِبْ لَهُمْ طَرِيقًا فِي الْبَحْرِ

Bahar is sometimes termed as River also. 

However, we can ignore minor errors and focus on real subject of discussion.

Edited by Flying_Eagle

Maybe, but I think the sea and river confusion is not justified here, in the same surah we have the story of Musa's (عليه السلام) childhood which deals with a river. 

Term is not bahr but yam.

أَنِ اقْذِفِيهِ فِي التَّابُوتِ فَاقْذِفِيهِ فِي الْيَمِّ فَلْيُلْقِهِ الْيَمُّ بِالسَّاحِلِ يَأْخُذْهُ عَدُوٌّ لِّي وَعَدُوٌّ لَّهُ ۚ وَأَلْقَيْتُ عَلَيْكَ مَحَبَّةً مِّنِّي وَلِتُصْنَعَ عَلَىٰ عَيْنِي

17 hours ago, realizm said:

Maybe, but I think the sea and river confusion is not justified here, in the same surah we have the story of Musa's (عليه السلام) childhood which deals with a river. 

أَنِ اقْذِفِيهِ فِي التَّابُوتِ فَاقْذِفِيهِ فِي الْيَمِّ فَلْيُلْقِهِ الْيَمُّ بِالسَّاحِلِ يَأْخُذْهُ عَدُوٌّ لِّي وَعَدُوٌّ لَّهُ ۚ وَأَلْقَيْتُ عَلَيْكَ مَحَبَّةً مِّنِّي وَلِتُصْنَعَ عَلَىٰ عَيْنِي

Sahil also means shore. 

I am not saying that you are wrong. I am just saying that if this Alim just made a little mistake. It can be ignored because subject dealt with Imam Hussain (عليه السلام).

2 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

Sahil also means shore. 

I am not saying that you are wrong. I am just saying that if this Alim just made a little mistake. It can be ignored because subject dealt with Imam Hussain (عليه السلام).

We are not discussing the term shore here.

Anyway, nevermind.

16 hours ago, realizm said:

Salam for Arabs of that time nile river was like a sea  because their access to water was from wells & narrow rivers in raining seasons.

6 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

nile river

It wasn't the Nile Prophet Musa (عليه السلام) crossed. It was the Red sea.

58 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam for Arabs of that time nile river was like a sea  because their access to water was from wells & narrow rivers in raining seasons.

Sorry but this argument is out of place. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) was not an «Arab of that time». His words are precise. In the same surah, for the same story, He uses different words for river and sea.

Why are you guys trying to justify a mistake which is very odd for a `alim.

Narrating thousands of details about history of masjid Kufa, or tragedy of Karbala, while at the same time ignoring basic Qur'anic stories is more than an embarrassment to Thaqalayn. 

17 hours ago, realizm said:

Sorry but this argument is out of place. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) was not an «Arab of that time». His words are precise. In the same surah, for the same story, He uses different words for river and sea.

Salam it's still a valid idiom between for Arabs that they use sea (بحر) for large amount of water like as a great river or dam for example in Najaf there is a river that a part of it behind Imam Ali (عليه السلام) shrine looks like as a lake & all locals call it as "sea of Najaf " 

, Najaf Sea is a depressed area, composed of a lake or marsh-like area with limited cultivated orchards beyond and surrounded by vast desert or semi desert areas.

The tentative list of the biodiversity (plants and vertebrates) of Najaf Sea depression is found to comprise 104 vertebrate species including 2 fishes, 14 reptiles, 73 resident and migratory birds and 15 mammals.
The length of the sea is 40 km, width is 19 km and Area is 336 km. It is 15 km far from Najaf westward. It is a tectonic depression expanded by weatherization.

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/36215/Know-about-Najaf-Sea-efforts-to-drain-it

نتیجه تصویری برای ‪sea of Najaf‬‏  

6 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam it's still a valid idiom between for Arabs that they use sea (بحر) for large amount of water like as a great river or dam for example in Najaf there is a river that a part of it behind Imam Ali (عليه السلام) shrine looks like as a lake & all locals call it as "sea of Najaf " 

, Najaf Sea is a depressed area, composed of a lake or marsh-like area with limited cultivated orchards beyond and surrounded by vast desert or semi desert areas.

The tentative list of the biodiversity (plants and vertebrates) of Najaf Sea depression is found to comprise 104 vertebrate species including 2 fishes, 14 reptiles, 73 resident and migratory birds and 15 mammals.
The length of the sea is 40 km, width is 19 km and Area is 336 km. It is 15 km far from Najaf westward. It is a tectonic depression expanded by weatherization.

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/36215/Know-about-Najaf-Sea-efforts-to-drain-it

ÙتÛج٠تصÙÛØ±Û Ø¨Ø±Ø§Û âªsea of Najafâ¬â  

I get it, I am familiar with it too. But in the case of this surah, it seems clear that there is a difference between sea and river.

Anyway.