Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Marzii

Proof of God's existence

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

It depends what you mean by God.  I like to just say, there is an ultimate reality that is Non-Dual or Absolutely One.  Although it sounds exotic and sounds like something exceptional it really isn’t!  On the contrary it is ordinary, it is not “exceptional” only because it isn’t something “separate” or “out there”, it is here and now and more immediate to us than who we usually think we are.  It IS who we really are!  Asking whether ultimate reality really exists is as good as asking whether you exist. 

I have tasted this maybe in my own way.. I do feel an observer and that I am that observer... the sleep example you gave is quite apt... but this doesn't really blow my mind or make quieten my mind! 

I do sometimes just sit and attempt to recognize which attributes of Allah are behind the phenemenon in front of me... and I do sort of lose myself in it... 

why isnt it enough...

22 hours ago, kashif.h said:

Yes, I agree this is where "belief" comes in play. There are people better suited than me to help you answer this question and, at the end of the day, I think it's only by your own research and efforts that you can come to a conclusion. Knowing that there is a Creator is already the beginning though, so you are already quite "advanced" when compared to some people.

I think the belief in the "rest" comes down to comparing Islam to other religions. Personnaly, I find that Islam is the most rational religion out there. I don't have a deep knowledge of other religions of course but from what I know that's the conclusion I came to.

Thanks for opening this very interesting discussion to other religions. Here are some verses I was studying today.

I HAVE DIED TO THE LAW

Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God. - Romans 7:4

I have died to the Law through Jesus' dead body, so that I may belong to Jesus, raised from the dead, and bear fruit for God.

17 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed,

18 and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. - Romans 6:17-18

I was once a slave to sin, but now I am a slave to righteousness!

1 hour ago, khamosh21 said:

I do sometimes just sit and attempt to recognize which attributes of Allah are behind the phenemenon in front of me... and I do sort of lose myself in it... 

1) Don’t “attempt”, just effortlessly be aware (because being aware is your natural state, it isn’t something “to do” because it is something you already are).  The body will still be doing something (as it always is doing something or another), it will be sitting, standing or lying down, (but you are not the body).  There will be thoughts as well but there is no “thinker” (that does or thinks the thoughts). You are not a mind or a thinker and nor are you a body or a doer, you are the location-less space out of which all the thoughts arise and vanish into.  This space of awareness is not a thought, but you see each  and every thought in, through, with, and by awareness (like you see objects with, in, through, and by the mirror). 

2) If there is phenomena “in front” of you then you are identifying yourself with a body that is either in front, behind, to the left, to the right, above or under.  So, you are not in front of anything as everything appears through You. Just effortlessly notice this.  Even that which is the thought of “I am this body or this thinker” appears through You as the borderless space of awareness (notice that space itself is not in a location but locations appears in space).  You are not localized anywhere but you are are everywhere.  

Try to be interesting in this when you pray you 5 daily prayers.  Listen to the words being recited by the tongue or within you and surrender to the Allah (surrender even “the effort or the trying” to Allah).  Don’t identify with the body or the thoughts or the one reciting, even if the identification occurs just effortlessly notice it and allow it.  By paradoxically allowing it to occur while noticing it you will de-identify with it.

This simple noticing of everything as it appears within this borderless self-aware presence may fee like a release, a letting go, a sinking, a surrender.  (Also known as “Tasleem” which is the essence of Islam—. This Limitless Presence is what the Qur'an refers to as “Allah”).  If you don’t feel this release or surrender that is because “you” are identifying with something (either a feeling, mind, or body sensation, and as a consequence you feel localized), “You have to die a little”. Also, the Prophet Muhammad (S) is in reality the perfectly humbled and surrendered one. (We are coming into contact with his being (S))  We are trying in this process to follow (itiba’) his (S) footsteps.  The Salawat is a way of being conscious that it is through the Prophet’s (S) perfect surrender that our surrendering is made possible.  The reason I am using Islamic terminologies as well is because you are already using it, and so it would be ungrateful to throw it all away.  So I recommend seeing your religion but through a  fresh new lens.  Since you have a Shia background, the same can be applied to the “tragedy of Kerbala”.  Look at what Imam Hussein (عليه السلام) represents in all of this.  It won’t be hard for you to make the connections and to see that He represents sacrifice of the separate independent self and the offering of it to the Only Reality There Is.  etc etc.

why isnt it enough...

3) who is not finding this enough.

God alone Suffices.  

Edited by eThErEaL

23 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

1) Don’t “attempt”, just effortlessly be aware (because being aware is your natural state, it isn’t something “to do” because it is something you already are).  The body will still be doing something (as it always is doing something or another), it will be sitting, standing or lying down, (but you are not the body).  There will be thoughts as well but there is no “thinker” (that does or thinks the thoughts). You are not a mind or a thinker and nor are you a body or a doer, you are the location-less space out of which all the thoughts arise and vanish into.  This space of awareness is not a thought, but you see each  and every thought in, through, with, and by awareness (like you see objects with, in, through, and by the mirror). 

2) If there is phenomena “in front” of you then you are identifying yourself with a body that is either in front, behind, to the left, to the right, above or under.  So, you are not in front of anything as everything appears through You. Just effortlessly notice this.  Even that which is the thought of “I am this body or this thinker” appears through You as the borderless space of awareness (notice that space itself is not in a location but locations appears in space).  You are not localized anywhere but you are are everywhere.  

Try to be interesting in this when you pray you 5 daily prayers.  Listen to the words being recited by the tongue or within you and surrender to the Allah (surrender even “the effort or the trying” to Allah).  Don’t identify with the body or the thoughts or the one reciting, even if the identification occurs just effortlessly notice it and allow it.  By paradoxically allowing it to occur while noticing it you will de-identify with it.

This simple noticing of everything as it appears within this borderless self-aware presence may fee like a release, a letting go, a sinking, a surrender.  (Also known as “Tasleem” which is the essence of Islam—. This Limitless Presence is what the Qur'an refers to as “Allah”).  If you don’t feel this release or surrender that is because “you” are identifying with something (either a feeling, mind, or body sensation, and as a consequence you feel localized), “You have to die a little”. Also, the Prophet Muhammad (S) is in reality the perfectly humbled and surrendered one. (We are coming into contact with his being (S))  We are trying in this process to follow (itiba’) his (S) footsteps.  The Salawat is a way of being conscious that it is through the Prophet’s (S) perfect surrender that our surrendering is made possible.  The reason I am using Islamic terminologies as well is because you are already using it, and so it would be ungrateful to throw it all away.  So I recommend seeing your religion but through a  fresh new lens.  Since you have a Shia background, the same can be applied to the “tragedy of Kerbala”.  Look at what Imam Hussein (عليه السلام) represents in all of this.  It won’t be hard for you to make the connections and to see that He represents sacrifice of the separate independent self and the offering of it to the Only Reality There Is.  etc etc.

3) who is not finding this enough.

God alone Suffices.  

few initial questions that arise... if "I" am everything and eveywhere... why is my awareness attached to this body, and I am not able to go beyond it, for example to the stars and in fact everywhere... I don't realize being "location-less" as I am always attached to this body and mind...

10 hours ago, khamosh21 said:

if "I" am everything and eveywhere...

Before I answer your questions let me bring a couple of axioms to your attention.  

1) There is experience/perception.  

2) There is nothing other than perception/ experience.  Even Pluto exists only inasmuch as it is experienced (if not by a sensory perception then at least as an image in the imagination or as a thought in the mind).  Other than experience/ perception (whether of thoughts, sensations or feelings), nothing exists!  Nothing exists unless it is experienced.  So, to reiterate, there is nothing but that which is experienced. 

3) Now, experience is made possible only through awareness or knowing.  There cannot be any perception/ experience without knowing awareness.  

4) This or that perception/experience need not be, but awareness or knowing cannot not be.  There is awareness without this or that experience, but this or that experience cannot be devoid of awareness.  

5) It will be known after a careful examination that although THIS or THAT experience is not awareness, experience AS SUCH or experience ITSELF IS awareness.  EXPERIENCE ITSELF AND AWARENESS are simply two different names having the same meaning.  Experience as such/Awareness is reality per se.  Just like we discussed before, reality is not limited.  In other words, it isn’t specific (it isn’t limited), it isn’t this or that... it JUST IS. It is not even “unlimited” (as a conceptual category), but neither is it limited.  It is not bad, it is not good.  It is not dark, it is not light.  It is not up, it is not down.  It is not here, it is not there.  It is not nothing, it is not something.  

To answer your question now:

You are everything because you are no thing.  You are everywhere because there is no where to be (because what is there is here, and what is here is there).

Then why is my awareness attached to this body,

Are you, as awareness, really attached to the body? If so, which body is awareness attached to?  Because if you think about it, you don’t have just one body.  For example, when you dream, you are attached to a dream body. If you dream you are a butterfly, then you are attached, during your dream, to that butterfly body? Even if we consider the body when awake, at every moment there is a new body that you are attached to.  You think it is the same body and you think this way only because you are superimposing the image of the body/mind onto the changeless and stable reality of awareness (thereby confusing the body/mind to be stable/ changeless or enduring in some way).  More importantly, what constitutes the body?  Where does the body in visual perception begin and where does it end?  Is it the skin that defines the parameters of the body in visual perception?  If so then that would be arbitrary.  Why not set the visual parameter of the body to include the floor underneath the two feet, or the chair underneath the butt, or the air in front of the nose.  Alternatively, why not make the visual parameter of the body smaller and exclude the legs, the butt and the stomach? In reality you will notice that there isn’t any visual parameter to the body.  It doesn’t begin anywhere and nor does it end anywhere.  It can include everything  that is visually perceived.  And if you just look at what is disclosed by visual perception itself, you will see that it is infinite.  You might object by saying, “There is no visual perception of what is behind the head or outside this room, so how can it me unlimited?”.  And the answer is that you are not considering visual perception alone but are rather looking at visual perception + the memory of certain things (in this case, the memory of you being in a room that is inside and that has an outside, or the memory of something being behind the head).  

Let us try to examine if there is any tactile parameter of the body by just feeling the brute sensations of the body while closing the eyes to all visual stimuli (and by also excluding, holding aside, or bracketing out memory of vision by imagining you have never ever seen a body and by imagining that you were experiencing the brute tactile sensation of the body for the first time ever).  If you were to draw a representation of these brute sensations with eyes closed, what would you be drawing?  Would they look anything like what you normally would be calling a body?   Notice how the brute tactile sensations, strictly speaking, don’t begin anywhere and how they don’t end anywhere.  

and I am not able to go beyond it, for example to the stars and in fact everywhere... I don't realize being "location-less" as I am always attached to this body and mind...

Based on the above experiments, there is no reason why you should limit your body to being just what you think it is at any given moment.  Your actual body is limitless and eternal.  It is eternal without it being in any special category Which excludes the temporal.  So it is eternal in that it includes even that which is temporal, or you can say it is neither eternal nor temporal.  It in fact includes the entire universe (it is the universe).  The whole cosmos is your body, and it is not the cosmos if you understand by cosmos something which is “a thing”, or something that has a beginning or an end or something that has a starting or a finish.   Min religious language the Imams (عليه السلام) have said:  “our bodies are our spirits and our spirits are our bodies”.  

Edited by eThErEaL

@eThErEaL ... I would define my body as:

1. based on movement so the floor beneath me is fixed, the part(s) that can move as the body. 

2. That which I am able to control (move), or is under the control of my body ( meaning bresthing, functioning of organs, things which I don't directly control but are part of that which moves.

How do debunk the above?

12 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Based on the above experiments, there is no reason why you should limit your body to being just what you think it is at any given moment.  Your actual body is limitless and eternal.  It is eternal without it being in any special category Which excludes the temporal.  So it is eternal in that it includes even that which is temporal, or you can say it is neither eternal nor temporal.  It in fact includes the entire universe (it is the universe).  The whole cosmos is your body, and it is not the cosmos if you understand by cosmos something which is “a thing”, or something that has a beginning or an end or something that has a starting or a finish.   Min religious language the Imams (عليه السلام) have said:  “our bodies are our spirits and our spirits are our bodies”.  

I have control over my body, I don't have any control over the cosmos... yes I understand that it is One Unified Reality, and I am as much connected to the stars as the body I can control, in that sense it can be considered One Ocean or Body...

What you continue to describe is Allah or the Absolute from His point of view. 

10 hours ago, khamosh21 said:

@eThErEaL ... I would define my body as:

1. based on movement so the floor beneath me is fixed, the part(s) that can move as the body. 

The criteria cannot be fixity or lack there of.  There are surfaces which are not fixed like a trampoline being jumped on. 

2. That which I am able to control (move), or is under the control of my body ( meaning bresthing, functioning of organs, things which I don't directly control but are part of that which moves.

Is the pen I write with considered part of my body then?  The car I drive considered part of my body?  I am able to move them like how I move my hands.  

Perhaps you will say that the criteria is control + tactile sensation (which would exclude the pen or the car). Notice, however, that in this case, tactile sensation “is mentally and arbitrarily associated” with a specific part in your visual field of perception (for example, your visual perception of hands).  There is actually no direct evidence given in our direct experience that would show us that the hands are feeling such and such tactile sensation.  There is a sensation of roughness or smoothness (which our mind then mentally associates with the pen or steering wheel in the fingers or hands).  

That the mind has to “learn to associate” a feeling or tactile sensation with a visual perception is definitively proven in the science of perception in modern science.  There are several cases of people who have been born blind but then later gained vision through certain improvements in modern medicine.  Right after gaining their vision they were not able to associate (at the very beginning) that a sphere in tactile sensation was the sphere they were visually seeing with their newly bestowed and corrected eyes.  

How do debunk the above?

3 hours ago, khamosh21 said:

@eThErEaL

also this experience does include some horrific things like, war, hunger, poverty, sexual abuse etc etc... why why why... why is Absolute Reality creating all this?

Why does hunger, pain, and abuse exist?  Same reason why their opposites (satiety, pleasure, and safety) exist.  It is because of the discriminating mind that takes experience as such (which is A PART-LESS WHOLE and LIMITLESS) and splits it into THIS or THAT experience, HERE and THERE, BAD and GOOD, etc etc..

Experience as such is neither horrific nor peaceful.  But  this or that experience is either horrific or peaceful.  The mind creatively-discriminates within experience as such.  It not only discriminates but it creates when it discriminates.  It creates or fabricates whatever it discriminates.  It creates its own illusion  and ignorance. It is it’s own illusory creation (the ego-mind as we said earlier is ignorance masquerading as separative and independent existence.)  

Hunger, Poverty, Abuse and War are what they are only when seen in relation to their opposite (namely, Satiety, Wealth, Safety, and Harmony).

Edited by eThErEaL

I have control over my body, I don't have any control over the cosmos... yes I understand that it is One Unified Reality, and I am as much connected to the stars as the body I can control, in that sense it can be considered One Ocean or Body...

What you continue to describe is Allah or the Absolute from His point of view. 

Everything you see is a creation of your mind.  Like a dream.  In your dream are you really in control of that dream body.  You feel as if you are in control (while dreaming) but when you wake up you realize that it was not even your body (so how could you have been in control of it??!). Control is an illusion.  What does your direct experience show you?  Does it show you are in control of certain limbs?  How?

you will say, “I have a thought to move my hand, then I have the desire to move my hand, and then I move my hand, and then, my hand moves!  “Therefore I control my hand!  

This is not proof.  That is simply evidence for the phenomenon of thought, the phenomenon of a specific desire.  The phenomenon of the hand moving, and the phenomenon of the memory that the hand has moved.  Now your mind weaves a story and says, “I have free will or I am in control of my hand”. Think about it,  which of the above phenomena can you truly say is “I”?  Is it the the thought? The desire? The hand? The movement?  the memory?  Secondly, did you control the thought to move the hand or did it simply just appear!  

So,

Who art thou?

:)

Edited by eThErEaL

On 9/14/2019 at 9:10 AM, Mzwakhe said:

They have become so brainwashed in their thinking, and have been led astray to such an extent that they have lost their human consciences, becoming individuals who may not be impressed or influenced.

even when they see the signs, they will not believe. Their hearts refuse to...

5 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

I control my hand!  

This is not proof.  The phenomenon of the hand moving, and the phenomenon of the memory that the hand has moved.  Now your mind weaves a story and says, “I have free will or I am in control of my hand”. Think about it,  which of the above phenomena can you truly say is “I”?  Is it the the thought? The desire? The hand? The movement?  the memory?  Secondly, did you control the thought to move the hand or did it simply just appear!  

Just hijacked your argument for it reminds of the ayat which says that Muhammad(s) shouldn't say that he(s) threw the stone when he(s) threw it. 

That's Deep.

imagine when a third party  claims to have moved your hand while you are not to make that claim yourself about your hand.

Now imagine how far one can be from attaining proper belief when claiming to be the custodian of...

32 minutes ago, Mzwakhe said:

Just hijacked your argument for it reminds of the ayat which says that Muhammad(s) shouldn't say that he(s) threw the stone when he(s) threw it. 

That's Deep.

imagine when a third party  claims to have moved your hand while you are not to make that claim yourself about your hand.

Now imagine how far one can be from attaining proper belief when claiming to be the custodian of...

That Ayat is befitting for the context of this discussion.  

So I was/still am having hard time grasping what @eThErEaL is saying. I stumbled onto this talk, this MMA coach brought it together so well. all I can think of now is how science is wu wu... khamosh21 is going to die, and my Aawareness is totally fine with it. A lot of my "why" questions got answered.

https://youtu.be/gJHj4BtP9Go

So I was/still am having hard time grasping what @eThErEaL is saying. I stumbled onto this talk, this MMA coach brought it together so well. all I can think of now is how science is wu wu... khamosh21 is going to die, and my Aawareness is totally fine with it. A lot of my "why" questions got answered.

https://youtu.be/gJHj4BtP9Go

I have been enjoying your questions by the way.  Would love to hear what you find hard to understand.  Because I really feel we were getting somewhere with this.  

Edited by eThErEaL

18 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

This is not proof.  That is simply evidence for the phenomenon of thought, the phenomenon of a specific desire.  The phenomenon of the hand moving, and the phenomenon of the memory that the hand has moved.  Now your mind weaves a story and says, “I have free will or I am in control of my hand”. Think about it,  which of the above phenomena can you truly say is “I”?  Is it the the thought? The desire? The hand? The movement?  the memory?  Secondly, did you control the thought to move the hand or did it simply just appear!  

So,

Who art thou?

:)

I am the experiencer and the awareness. my mind and khamosh21 are just a temporary story that's going to fade out. 

Doesnt this type of thinking open the door to any type of behavior though?

4 minutes ago, khamosh21 said:

I am the experiencer

Just to clarify (just in a case you needed it)...there is no experiencer that experiences the experience.  There is just experience (and experience is who or what you are).  

my mind and khamosh21 are just a temporary story that's going to fade out. 

Yup.  In fact it is illusory.  It isn’t even real.  

Doesnt this type of thinking open the door to any type of behavior though?

Does it change your behavior you mean?

you become increasingly happier

Edited by eThErEaL

1 minute ago, eThErEaL said:

I have been enjoying your questions by the way.  Would love to hear what you find hard to understand.  Because I really feel we were getting somewhere with this.  

One of the hardest part is understanding the things you said about The Prophet and being the ultimate etc. I just can no longer relate to the Prophet, as I feel its just imagination and unprovable stories. 

2 minutes ago, khamosh21 said:

One of the hardest part is understanding the things you said about The Prophet and being the ultimate etc. I just can no longer relate to the Prophet, as I feel its just imagination and unprovable stories. 

Even the the environment outside the room you are in is imagination.  Yet it is still something we relate to (in our imagination).  Same goes for the history passed down to us from generation to generation.  They are all in our imagination and yet they are very meaningful.  

Edited by eThErEaL

42 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

Just to clarify (just in a case you needed it)...there is no experiencer that experiences the experience.  There is just experience (and experience is who or what you are).  

Yup.  In fact it is illusory.  It isn’t even real.  

Does it change your behavior you mean?

you become increasingly happier

I meant you feel you can do anything and not be accountable for it.

I meant you feel you can do anything and not be accountable for it.

It is a temptation on the path.  One feels that they have no ego and therefore they will feel it is not important to follow the Divine Law even though they were following it all along.  One feels this way because they see a more transparent version of themselves, and so they are tricked into thinking they have no ego.  It is very important to get into the practice of following the divine law as best one can from before because if one gets an opening while not being disciplined they will more likely be deceived a subtler ego.  This is why a teacher is stressed.  Having said all this, God guises whomsoever He wills.  And we are not to judge anyone.  

So to answer your question, one will feel this way as they ascend higher and higher.  And many have been led astray like this.  But one needs to stick to the Law all the more.  The Law doesn’t become meaningless it becomes interesting even if one feels they don’t need it.  

Edited by eThErEaL

6 minutes ago, khamosh21 said:

@eThErEaL... verses 11 to 14 of Sura Sajda... how would you explain them in context of what we have discussed about reality?

I just went through entire Sura Sajda, and it made no sense within the understanding  of Absolute Reality.

21 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

The criteria cannot be fixity or lack there of.  There are surfaces which are not fixed like a trampoline being jumped on. 

Is the pen I write with considered part of my body then?  The car I drive considered part of my body?  I am able to move them like how I move my hands.  

Perhaps you will say that the criteria is control + tactile sensation (which would exclude the pen or the car). Notice, however, that in this case, tactile sensation “is mentally and arbitrarily associated” with a specific part in your visual field of perception (for example, your visual perception of hands).  There is actually no direct evidence given in our direct experience that would show us that the hands are feeling such and such tactile sensation.  There is a sensation of roughness or smoothness (which our mind then mentally associates with the pen or steering wheel in the fingers or hands).  

That the mind has to “learn to associate” a feeling or tactile sensation with a visual perception is definitively proven in the science of perception in modern science.  There are several cases of people who have been born blind but then later gained vision through certain improvements in modern medicine.  Right after gaining their vision they were not able to associate (at the very beginning) that a sphere in tactile sensation was the sphere they were visually seeing with their newly bestowed and corrected eyes.  

Ok so this one I can’t get my mind around. Suppose there is a fire in front of me. My physical body is clearly separate from it and if I enter it the probability of burning is near certain  How is this mentally or abritrirary associated... how is this not direct evidence of our hands feeling the sensation of heat and burning? therefore a part of me partially has to be the body.... 

I just went through entire Sura Sajda, and it made no sense within the understanding  of Absolute Reality.

I hope you are aware that there is an obligatory Sadjah requirement, in sura Sajdah.

Anyways, this  reminded me of an event that took place between and Ayatollah and his son. Brothers here, that are more well-versed in history, can confirm.

The father and son, where playing a game of chase. You catch me and I will catch you (game). So,  to summaries it, what happened was the kid who was not of baligh age, started reciting the verse in Sura as Sajdah. The father had no option but to perform the Sajdah and the kid got away. 

True story, lol

Baligh age, meaning an age, maturity level where obligatory requirements becomes obligatory, such as sawm, Salat, performing wajib prostration (sujood) and so on.

Clarification, for those that might not be aware of the definition. 

2 hours ago, ShiaMahamed said:

I hope you are aware that there is an obligatory Sadjah requirement, in sura Sajdah.

Anyways, this  reminded me of an event that took place between and Ayatollah and his son. Brothers here, that are more well-versed in history, can confirm.

The father and son, where playing a game of chase. You catch me and I will catch you (game). So,  to summaries it, what happened was the kid who was not of baligh age, started reciting the verse in Sura as Sajdah. The father had no option but to perform the Sajdah and the kid got away. 

True story, lol

Out of all the Surahs he had to pick that one.  I have to be in wudhu and be prepared to make a prostration if he wants me to go through that chapter.  That is precisely why I am taking so long to respond to that particular question of his. 

3 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Out of all the Surahs he had to pick that one.  I have to be in wudhu and be prepared to make a prostration if he wants me to go through that chapter.  That is precisely why I am taking so long to respond to that particular question of his. 

you can read the sajda verse in english or skip it.

Salam.
who is Allah?
Allah is my Lord and your Lord,
Allah is the creator of entire universe.
Allah is our master, sustainer, supporter, lover.
all good names and attributes belong to him.
Allah is the all-merciful, the most merciful, the most compassionate, the most forgiving, loving-kind.
in the name of Allah, the all-merciful, the most merciful.
in Islam we have many verses of holy Qur'an and narrations and also numorous beautiful Islamic supplications.
all of them, indicate that Allah is the all-merciful, the most merciful.
the all merciful God says in Qur'an 2/186:
“And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way.”
“surely my Lord is Nigh, Answering.”
holy Qur'an: 11-61.
“And ask forgiveness of your Lord, then turn to Him; surely my Lord is Merciful, Loving-kind.”
holy Qur'an: 11/90.
Allah’s benevolence toward His creatures is extended and comprehensive, especially for mankind. Allah’s presence is not an abode of hopelessness or stinginess. His generosity and forgiveness is relentless, as is His longing for His servants to pray to Him.
Allah addressed Prophet David (as):
“Say to My servants: Why don’t you befriend Me, since I deserve friendship? I am a God of no miserliness, there’s no ignorance in My Omniscience, no incapacity in My Forbearance, and no alternation in My Attributes or My Speech. My Mercy and Forgiveness is unvarying and constant. I am the friend of him who befriends Me, and I accompany him who invokes on Me in his solitude. O David! He who seeks Me finds Me; and he who finds Me deserves not to lose Me. O David! Blessing is from Me but My servants thank others; I ward off calamity but they seek it from others. Their safe haven is My Presence, but they seek refuge from others, though finally they return to Me.”
A surplus of such meaningful texts in Islamic books, along with Qur’anic verses, give good tidings to the servants to be hopeful of God’s Mercy. The servants should, therefore, pray and ask their prerequisites from God. That’s why the traditions narrated by the Ahl Al-Bayt (عليه السلام) have all stressed the importance of du’a’.
The following is narrated from Amir al-Mu’minin (as):
“The most desirable deed on all the Earth is supplication to Allah.”
Al-Kafi: 2/467, The chapter on fazl Al-Do’a…, Tradition 8.
“Du’a’ is the key to success. The best du’a’ is the one uttered from a purified soul and heart. The means to salvation is sincerity in du’a’. When the problems cause restlessness, the solution is seeking refuge in God’s Presence.”
Al-Kafi: 2/468, Chapter Inna al-do’a silah al-mu’min, tradition 2; Mahajja al-bayza’: 2/284, Bab al-thani fi adab al-do’a…
The Almighty revealed to Prophet Moses (as):
"O son of Imran! Bring to My Presence submission of your heart, humbleness of your body, and tears of your eyes in the darkness of night and then call Me, you would then find Me near and compliant."
Bihar al-Anwar: 67/ 14, Bab 43, tradition 2.
Allah told Jesus through revelation:
"O Jesus! Join the believers and order them to pray with you before My Presence!"
Wasa’il al-Shi’a: 7/104, bab 38, tradition 8856.
Imam ‘Ali (عليه السلام) says:
"Allah is not to open up the doors of gratitude to His servant but close the doors of increased blessings. He is not to allow him to supplicate, but limit fulfillment of his supplication. And He does not intend to open the doors of repentance, but close the doors of His forgiveness."
Nahj Al-Balagha: Hikmat 435.
Imam al-Baqir (عليه السلام) said:
“Obtain Allah’s Mercy and Forgiveness by returning to Him, and for realizing your return get help from sincere praying in the middle of night.”
Bihar al-Anwar: 75/ 162, Bab 22, tradition 1.
The supplicant should be aware that it is Almighty God who has invited him to pray and has guaranteed the acceptance of the supplication. Accepting the prayer and granting the supplicant’s exigency is easy for Allah, since each and every world’s creature is under His Absolute Power, and He provides the grounds for the fulfillment of His servant’s exigency with a single order.
It is, therefore, not right to become hopeless in the Presence of God, whose Insight, Mercy and Forgiveness is infinite, especially when praying. Despair, as specified in the Holy Qur’an, is the attribute of the disbelievers:
"Go, O my sons! And ascertain concerning Joseph and his brother, and despair not of the Spirit of Allah. Lo! None despaireth of the Spirit of Allah save disbelieving folk." (12:87)
The Holy Qur’an strongly recommends against being hopeless of God’s Mercy:
"Despair not of the Mercy of Allah!" (39:53)
No one is as close to the man as his creator, Allah. He is the One who has created man, fashioning him in the womb, and then transferring him to this world. He bestows His material and spiritual blessings unto man, sent the Prophets to guide him, and granted him the Divine Qur’an and the Immaculate Imams (عليه السلام).
Allah has created water for the thirst of man and food for his hunger. He cures man’s diseases and improves his health. He discards man’s loneliness with a spouse, children, and friends, and his starkness with various kinds of clothes. Allah makes man cherished by the others, and maintains his dignity before them. Allah solves his problems, however difficult they may seem. Who is so closely and intently aware of man’s deepest needs and can provide him with all these blessings, except Allah? He is indeed closer to man than anyone else. Hence He says in Qur’an:
"We verily created a man and We know what his soul whispereth to him, and We are nearer to him than his jugular vein." (50:16)
http://www.al-Islam.org/commentary-kumayl-supplication-allama-husayn-ansariyan
In the Islamic sources, the relation between prayer and response has been referred to by the assertion that ‘prayer is the key to the response.’ This statement denotes the kind of relation between prayer and response.
It is reported from the Holy Prophet (S) , “For whosoever among you the door of prayer (du’a’) is opened, then the doors of mercy (rahmah) shall be opened for him.”
Kanz al-‘Ummal, hadith no.3156.
Imam ‘Ali (‘a) says: “Supplication is the key of mercy.”
Bihar al-Anwar, vol.93, pg.300.
In his will to his son al-Hasan (‘a), Imam Amir al-Mu’minin ‘Ali bin Abi Talib (‘a) says: “Thereafter, He put the keys of His treasuries in your hand, in that He has allowed {you} to ask Him from it. So whenever you wished, you opened the doors of His treasuries through supplication.”
Bihar al-Anwar, vol.77, pg.299.
With reference to the verse:
“Whatever mercy Allah unfolds for the people, no one can withhold it.” Qur’an, 35:2.
Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) is reported to have said, “{The mercy implies} the prayer (du’a’).”
Bihar al-Anwar, vol.93, pg.299.
The Holy Prophet (S) says: “For whosoever among you the door of prayer (du’a’) is opened, the doors of response (ijabat) shall {also} be opened for him.”
Kanz al-‘Ummal, hadith no.3156.
It is Allah who opens up toward His servant with prayer, and He is the one who opens for him the doors of its acceptance.
Imam ‘Ali (‘a) says: “Whoever knocks at the door of Allah, the Glorious, it will be opened for him.”
Ghurar al-Hikam, hadith no.8292.
Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) is narrated to have said, “Supplicate frequently, for it is the key of every mercy and the fulfillment of every need. And that which lies with Allah cannot be attained but through prayer (du’a’). A door which is frequently knocked at is likely to be opened for the one who knocks it.”
Bihar al-Anwar, vol.93, pg.295; and Wasa’il al-Shi’ah, vol.4, pg.1086, hadith no.8616.
https://www.al-Islam.org/supplication-in-the-eyes-of-ahlalbayt-Muhammad-Mahdi-al-asifi

I wished to post different verses from Qur'an for proving Allah, but which verse should I post? you are Muslim and study Qur'an several times.
you believe in Allah, Qur'an, Prophet Mohammed and his household, (peace and blessings of Allah upon them), that other Muslims believe! how can I help you?
sometimes people lose there hope and become sad, depressed and doubtful.
but these don’t mean that they are not Muslims in these times.
they should trust in Allah, His support, guidance, help, and should sincerely pray that Allah bestows His support, help, forgiveness and infinite mercy on them and guides them to the light and beauties again!