Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Marzii

Proof of God's existence

Rate this topic

18 minutes ago, khamosh21 said:

I don’t know it's purpose, reason, or any attributes...

Have you known your purpose, reason & attributes?

7 hours ago, wmehar2 said:

In all of this you have not shown me anything. Yes God is a provider of everything there can be flowers fruits and vegetables right in front of me but I have to literally go pick them and then eat them in order to benefit from them. Without work or effort from my part extance of those vegetables and fruit mean nothing.

In order for me to even have fruit or vegetables if they're not in the place where they're growing on their own I need to go to a field toll the land seed the land water it and cultivate it I need knowledge.  God has to give me knowledge.

In order for me to act on this knowledge I use my brain myself my perspective my reality to interpret this knowledge and act on this knowledge.

You are arbitrarily telling me that a flower has its own Beauty and say it shirk for me to have that opinion t yet you've not considered the possibility that if I acknowledge God caused this flower to be pretty and cause my brain to interpret and see this flower as pretty or having its own quality of pretty then I'm not really breaking or violating anything here.

You are literally applying terms in attributes whether or not meant to be applied. A lot of people think Jesus Is God because he has powers or Miracles, but if God gave him those things and he required them not have his own then I can see your logic however you're taking this concept and applying it to literally everything.

If you're trying to say God created humans iand the human psyche there for every measurement or concept of beauty that we come up with or feeling that we feel or emotion that we invoke is due to God then sure I can see what you're saying. In a way cause this.

Our Free Will comes from God and we are in control of it this is what I have argument with you. The Free Will does not belong to us we are borrowing it or something that's bestowed upon us until we have it no more and then we were turn to God.

This is why we have different perspectives different realities. Which may or may not necessarily converge.

Whatever substance that God has bestowed upon us is divine this I do not deny in this you cannot argue.  If a human being committed a sin or detestable action that God in the Qur'an calls detestable and should never be attributed to God you have to separate that from God otherwise your line of logic will associate the two.

A human being committing shirk by your job definition is just God's doing which is also contradictory and makes no sense.

You should tell me first by starting a premise of every permutation of possible things that could come into existence already exists or pre-exist and human beings interaction with these things are merely discoveries of these things. God has layed it out .

It makes this a difficult debate to follow.

I am relatively at ease with contradictions as they don’t necessarily bother me.  

The world is and the world is not.  :)  

9 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

Brother,

what does tawhid mean to you?

what is a God?  

A God is anything you consider to have a separate independent reality apart from the one and true Reality (the One and True God).

is this not how you see it?  How else could one see it?

So, for example:

Let us say you made a living by working hard for the day and you earned some money for your food.  tawhid of Afaal (Action) says;  there is no provider, and no strength but God.  God is the Only Provider.  Because there is no act but his Act.  

let us say you see a flower tonhave it’s own beauty, then this is shirk.  Because tawhid of Sifat will say:  there is no beauty but God’s Beauty.  There is no quality but it is His Quality.

let us say you think there are many things that exist.  Well, Tawhid of Essence (Al-Dhat) will say; there is no essence but His Essence. He is the only One and True Essence.  

Do you see now?  

salaam brother, I'll admit I don't understand a lot of what you're saying... these are questions are based on my limited understanding:

1. What is the thing that is not understanding or not getting it? by my own admission you have more knowledge than I do... what is that has more knowledge? what is that is able to deny the existence of God? you say there is only God, so is God denying His own existence then? 

2. Using the flower example, I see it, I admire the beauty in it. finished. what is the need to go beyond that and apply further labels... why even pray to this beauty? 

I definitely see myself other than God as if I was God then I definitely would not be on shiachat :)

19 hours ago, wmehar2 said:

I know I put khamosh21 in the reference. Sorry my dude.

All good.

2 hours ago, khamosh21 said:

I have no idea how this creator is. I don’t know it's purpose, reason, or any attributes... religion gives all those things to the creator and I am doubting religion.

This manner of talk is acceptable. I can discuss with you, got no problem.

2 hours ago, khamosh21 said:

lol, hope you get the time brother...  I can still read your post if I get banned, they can't ban me from the internet you know :)

You won't get banned, if you behave lol

On 9/7/2019 at 7:38 PM, khamosh21 said:

salaam brother, I was in your boat some time ago, and although I don't want to, I can't bring myself to believe in the Islamic version of God, a God that destroys nations and roasts people's skin over and over again, that hangs women by their hair and has evil looking angels burning prisoners in hell. what part of this is divine and not made up, I can’t tell... 

Now even you know you should have got atleast a warning if not yet. 

Even decent, sincere non-Muslims who are searching for the truth don't talk like that.

And one more thing I think you are not aware of the following:

Mission Statement of ShiaChat.com

The two major goals that we strive for are to first provide a website to allow all Muslims and Non-Muslims alike to interact and discuss religious issues; secondly, to promote the Shia Ithna-Asheri school of thought. We shall try to bridge the gaps between fellow Muslims, as well as uphold the teachings of Allah (st), Prophet Muhammad (saww), and the Ahlul-Bayt (عليه السلام)

Anyways, what is with threads such as 'Logical fallacy in Islam: Part 2

Is it that you have confirmed it? Atleast put a question mark. And have I missed the first part that you had to come up with the second part? Lol

5 minutes ago, ShiaMahamed said:

All good.

This manner of talk is acceptable. I can discuss with you, got no problem.

You won't get banned, if you behave lol

Now even you know you should have got atleast a warning if not yet. 

Even decent, sincere non-Muslims who are searching for the truth don't talk like that.

And one more thing I think you are not aware of the following:

Mission Statement of ShiaChat.com

The two major goals that we strive for are to first provide a website to allow all Muslims and Non-Muslims alike to interact and discuss religious issues; secondly, to promote the Shia Ithna-Asheri school of thought. We shall try to bridge the gaps between fellow Muslims, as well as uphold the teachings of Allah (st), Prophet Muhammad (saww), and the Ahlul-Bayt (عليه السلام)

Anyways, what is with threads such as 'Logical fallacy in Islam: Part 2

Is it that you have confirmed it? Atleast put a question mark. And have I missed the first part that you had to come up with the second part? Lol

what have I said that is not according to Shia beliefs? are we not told evil looking angels will come at time of death and in the grave?

brother I am only speaking my mind and saying what maybe many don't dare to ask... why don't you try answering the questions instead?

for the rest I'm not sure what you want or what you're asking...

Guest Light
4 hours ago, khamosh21 said:

have no idea how this creator is. I don’t know it's purpose, reason, or any attributes

But you still believe that there is a creator who has created everything including heavens & Earth & what is in them & between them.

What your intellect dictates about your God? For instance, do you feel that He is supreme in knowledge & power?

4 hours ago, khamosh21 said:

salaam brother, I'll admit I don't understand a lot of what you're saying... these are questions are based on my limited understanding:

1. What is the thing that is not understanding or not getting it? by my own admission you have more knowledge than I do... what is that has more knowledge? what is that is able to deny the existence of God? you say there is only God, so is God denying His own existence then? 

2. Using the flower example, I see it, I admire the beauty in it. finished. what is the need to go beyond that and apply further labels... why even pray to this beauty? 

I definitely see myself other than God as if I was God then I definitely would not be on shiachat :)

If you see it then your life becomes prayer itself.   

Why follow a revealed law you mean?  You don’t have to.  There isn’t any “have to” if you see it.

But the Prophet (S) followed the law out of gratitude not because “he had to.”

Edited by eThErEaL

Guest Danny Khan

Shouldn't discuss complex matters if you are ignored satan will only confuse you further...  If you don't know then ask those that do know..  And don't ask just to argue but ask to learn...   

6 hours ago, khamosh21 said:

That which is not understanding that there is only One Reality is “ignorance masquerading as a separate independent reality”.  But although ignorance pretends to be or masquerade as its own reality or as an independent self or thing, it is IN FACT not separate but a name among the infinite names of God.  

2 hours ago, Guest Danny Khan said:

Shouldn't discuss complex matters if you are ignored satan will only confuse you further...  If you don't know then ask those that do know..  And don't ask just to argue but ask to learn...   

satan, the imaginary figure you can blame some of your evils on... 

On 9/5/2019 at 1:16 PM, Marzii said:

1) am I out of the fold of Islam if I have such doubts? 

2)can I just believe...as I want yo believe...I love Allah and Islam 

3) lastly... please do provide some simple proofs of Allah's existence..

Bismillah,

salam!

I seek refuge with Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) from the envy of the envier when he(la) envies.

Intention

The person who has a sincere intention is the one who has a sound heart; because a sound heart, free from thoughts about forbidden things, comes from making your intention purely for Allah in all matters.

يَوْمَ لَا يَنفَعُ مَالٌ وَلَا بَنُونَ. إِلَّا مَنْ أَتَى اللَّهَ بِقَلْبٍ سَلِيمٍ

The day on which neither property will avail, nor sons, except him who comes to Allah with a heart free [from evil].(26:88-9)

The Holy Prophet said, 'The intention of the believer is better than his action,' and also, 'Actions are by intentions, and every man will obtain what he had intended.' The slave of Allah must therefore have sincere intention in every moment of action and stillness because then he will not be heedless. Those who are heedless have been censured by Allah:

إِنْ هُمْ إِلَّا كَالْأَنْعَامِ بَلْ هُمْ أَضَلُّ سَبِيلًا

They are nothing but as cattle; nay, they are straying farther off from the path. (25:44)

أُوْلَـئِكَ هُمُ الْغَافِلُونَ

These are the heedless ones. (7:179)

Intention appears from the heart, according to the purity of knowledge. It varies as belief varies, at different moments in its strength and weakness. The selfishness and passion of those with sincere intention is subjugated to the power of the glorification of Allah and modesty before Him. He is by his nature, his appetites and his own desires, in a state of discomfort, and yet people find ease at his hand. https://www.al-Islam.org/lantern-path-Imam-jafar-al-Sadiq/intention

p.s " personal proof of Allah((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى))'s existence is not your proof & you won't believe anyway because beliefs varies accordingly"

ws

=I think it is quite simple and logical.

It is illogical for there to not be Allah: Infinite regression of who created who. Anything beyond this would be conjecture. Useless talk, right?

And, in my heart, I just know that Allah is there. It is not a logical thing to say. I will be laughed at and ridiculed, but I know somehow that He is real. That I came from His Creation. In the same way I just know deep down that the Ahlul Bayt (s) are the rightful successors of the Prophet (s).

It is illogical, and impossible for there to be anything other than Allah: Allah is the one who knows the objective reality and the objective truth. He is the one who knows. He is present without being merged and He is far away without being distant. "And Allah is exalted above what they say".

And it is illogical for there to be any power other than Allah. If there was any power other than Allah, there would be chaos in existence. Logic and reality would be meaningless, if even existent. Just a horrific struggle between the two gods.

The structure of Allah's creations is another story. Allah is the owner and creator of the Attributes. They are not Him in of themselves. It is not mercy we worship, nor the name, but Him. The being and not His garb.

On 9/5/2019 at 1:16 PM, Marzii said:

if I have such doubts?

Yunus

94. “So if you are in doubt as to what We have revealed unto you, then ask those who read the book (sent) before you. The Truth hath indeed come to you from your Lord, so be not of the doubters.”

How is it that the Qur’an implies: O! Prophet, if you have any doubts about the Qur’an, ask the People of the Book, despite the fact that he (S) had never had any shadow of a doubt in this respect? Reason does not admit that a Prophet might doubt the revelation sent to him.

However, its meaning can be gathered in the same Surah, verse 104. Here Allah, the Exalted, has addressed the Prophet (S) while this meaning addresses the whole people. The implication of it is that if the people are hesitating, they must ask those who have read the Qur’an. 

95. “Nor be of those who belied the Signs of Allah, (for) then you shall be of the losers.”

96. “Verily those against whom the Word of your Lord has proved true will not believe,”

97. “Even if every Sign come unto them, until they see the painful chastisement.”

Allah tells the Prophet (S), here, that there is a group among his opponents who are fanatic and obstinate and who cannot be expected to become believers.

They have become so brainwashed in their thinking, and have been led astray to such an extent that they have lost their human consciences, becoming individuals who may not be impressed or influenced.

However, explaining the subject with this connotation, the Qur’an says that Allah’s commandment had been proven and was unequivocal to them, though they will not become believers.

The verse says:

“Verily those against whom the Word of your Lord has proved true will not believe,”

Even if all Allah’s verses and symbols had dawned upon them, they would not become believers unless they witnessed the Divine Punishment with their own eyes, at which time, their faith would be of no avail.

The verse says:

“Even if every Sign come unto them, until they see the painful chastisement.”

99. “And if your Lord had willed, whoever is on the Earth would have believed, all of them, all together. Will thou then compel the people till they become believers?”

Man is free and faith is based upon one’s voluntary choice; it is not to be accepted under compulsion or by imposition.

100. “And it is not for a soul to believe except by the Will of Allah, and He appoints uncleanness (of infidelity) on those who do not ponder.”

https://www.al-Islam.org/enlightening-commentary-light-holy-Qur'an-vol-7/section-10-jonahs-people

Khamosh21,

Are you sure you are not in the boundaries of Agnostic/Atheist due to your lack of belief?

and to eThErEaL,

Are you sure you are not in the boundaries of Pantheism, Polytheism, Dualistic, theism and so on due to your specific consideration that you are emphasizing on the attributes and names of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)? 

Anyways, I said theism for clarification and not monotheism for the two are different. 

23 hours ago, khamosh21 said:

absolutely not. 

Are you willing to know about these things? If yes, What do you think, who can give you all these information? 

55 minutes ago, ShiaMahamed said:

Khamosh21,

Are you sure you are not in the boundaries of Agnostic/Atheist due to your lack of belief?

im very sure im already an agnostic athiest, crossed those boundaries a while back..  would love to come back to Islam if possible

Edited by khamosh21

49 minutes ago, Logic1234 said:

Are you willing to know about these things? If yes, What do you think, who can give you all these information? 

I don't think anyone can. if someone like the Prophet or Imam is out there, would love to meet them. I just don't think our scholars can do the job.

28 minutes ago, khamosh21 said:

if someone like the Prophet or Imam is out there,

Why you think there must be a Prophet or Imam for knowing about yourself? 

Have your creator ever sent a message for you in any form? 

Edited by Logic1234
typo

1 hour ago, khamosh21 said:

im very sure im already an agnostic athiest, crossed those boundaries a while back..  would love to come back to Islam if possible

1 hour ago, khamosh21 said:

I don't think anyone can. if someone like the Prophet or Imam is out there, would love to meet them. I just don't think our scholars can do the job.

Simple!

Why don't you first read about the life stories of the Prophets and of Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) and of his family. 

Then wonder upon the reasons for what they went through, all the fortunes and misfortunes and for whom (Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)) they went through.

Then read, what they preached and see if they knowledge can be compared in any field. While performing your requirements, duties simultaneously. 

In a light or intense manner without forsaking any of the above or you will be subjected to falsehood.

Edited by ShiaMahamed
Amended- bold

3 hours ago, Logic1234 said:

Why you think there must be a Prophet or Imam for knowing about yourself? 

Have your creator ever sent a message for you in any form? 

q1... I assumed that's why you asked this, my mistake.

q2. I wouldn't be asking these questions if He had...

2 hours ago, ShiaMahamed said:

Simple!

Why don't you first read about the life stories of the Prophets and of Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) and of his family. 

Then wonder upon the reasons for what they went through, all the fortunes and misfortunes and for whom (Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)) they went through.

Then read, what they preached and see if they knowledge can be compared in any field. While performing your requirements, duties simultaneously. 

In a light or intense manner without forsaking any of the above or you will be subjected to falsehood.

so I am really lacking the discipline and motivation to perform my duties... I don’t know where to get that from

6 hours ago, ShiaMahamed said:

to eThErEaL,

Are you sure you are not in the boundaries of Pantheism, Polytheism, Dualistic, theism and so on due to your specific consideration that you are emphasizing on the attributes and names of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)? . 

You would have to explain to me what you mean by each of those terms.  What I am describing is neither pantheism, dualism, theism, monotheism, atheism or any other ism.

What is am referring to is what is can best be referred to as Tawhid or Non-duality.

1 hour ago, eThErEaL said:

You would have to explain to me what you mean by each of those terms.  What I am describing is neither pantheism, dualism, theism, monotheism, atheism or any other ism.

What is am referring to is what is can best be referred to as Tawhid or Non-duality.

if you don't mind me asking a personal question... have you realized and attained what you say, or is it theories that you have concluded are reasonalbly correct? or a mix of both?

On 9/13/2019 at 8:20 PM, eThErEaL said:

That which is not understanding that there is only One Reality is “ignorance masquerading as a separate independent reality”.  But although ignorance pretends to be or masquerade as its own reality or as an independent self or thing, it is IN FACT not separate but a name among the infinite names of God.  

I just want to know this:

1. Is God real and does He really Love us?

2. Were the Prophets for real?

3. If I follow the sharia, will it really allow me to witness Truth?

4. Also how do I let go of harmful addictions in the face of suffering severe psychological pain?

On 9/12/2019 at 8:30 PM, khamosh21 said:

I understand you weren't, but I am requesting you too... since I struggle with tht part... what makes you believe the rest...

do you see the problem in asking what you "believe"... it's quite different from we know to be provable and true.

Yes, I agree this is where "belief" comes in play. There are people better suited than me to help you answer this question and, at the end of the day, I think it's only by your own research and efforts that you can come to a conclusion. Knowing that there is a Creator is already the beginning though, so you are already quite "advanced" when compared to some people.

I think the belief in the "rest" comes down to comparing Islam to other religions. Personnaly, I find that Islam is the most rational religion out there. I don't have a deep knowledge of other religions of course but from what I know that's the conclusion I came to.

5 hours ago, khamosh21 said:

if you don't mind me asking a personal question... have you realized and attained what you say, or is it theories that you have concluded are reasonalbly correct? or a mix of both?

There is a tasting (dhawq) from which I speak.  This should suffice to answer your question.

But am I always tasting?    

If I (the ego self) look (with my mind) retrospectively at my life, it seems as if I have more freedom and I find myself more happy than before.  I have many moments in my life where I live in ignorance falsely believing that I am a separate self (it is, however, becoming easier for me to notice this more and more).  I have to give this kind of answer (using an ego /  mind to assess itself) since you asked me (even though I know this is not who I really am).  But I couldn’t care what my mind (or ego) thinks about itself.  I am not obliged to believe it.  

7 hours ago, khamosh21 said:

I just want to know this:

1. Is God real and does He really Love us?

It depends what you mean by God.  I like to just say, there is an ultimate reality that is Non-Dual or Absolutely One.  Although it sounds exotic and sounds like something exceptional it really isn’t!  On the contrary it is ordinary, it is not “exceptional” only because it isn’t something “separate” or “out there”, it is here and now and more immediate to us than who we usually think we are.  It IS who we really are!  Asking whether ultimate reality really exists is as good as asking whether you exist. 

2. Were the Prophets for real?

It depends what you mean by Prophets.  They weren’t real inasmuch as nothing but God is real.  But they are real inasmuch as Reality can appear as being limited and other than itself.  More importantly what is the role of a Prophet? It is nothing but to somehow remind everyone about what is ultimately real.  

3. If I follow the sharia, will it really allow me to witness Truth?

Nothing (not even the Shariah) causes you to witness the Truth.  Nothing causes the Infinite to be Infinite.  The Infinite is already what it is.  You already are the Truth.  Secondly you (as a separate and independent ego mind entity) don’t witness the Truth because the Truth isn’t an object of awareness.  Rather the Truth is the witness of itself (the Truth is Self-Aware).

it just SO HAPPENS to be the case that those who follow a sacred law for many many years and who are intellectually interested in the Truth (and who have done a lot of “mujahada” or self struggle), find it easier to relinquish their separate, independent self when they meet the teacher who really knows what he or she is talking about).  But it doesn’t necessarily have to be this way.

4. Also how do I let go of harmful addictions in the face of suffering severe psychological pain?

This would be outside my scope.  

Why don’t you message me privately about this, if you have something specific you want to tell me.

11 hours ago, khamosh21 said:

so I am really lacking the discipline and motivation to perform my duties... I don’t know where to get that from

By definition, that discipline is called laziness. 

It is called being lazy.

9 hours ago, eThErEaL said:

First of all, I would like to acknowledge your ability to comprehend in all matters but your ability to distinguish, well, I have to say it is way less compared to your ability to comprehend.

As a matter of fact, it should be vise-verser. Your ability to distinguish should be greater than your ability to comprehend. 

And I am not sure if I am allowed to quote you (from another thread) but here it goes:

Good.  

Keep questioning even if you become a disbeliever.  At least you will be free. 

So in short, I would say the following in summary:

If you revere anyone or anyone's works whom come under the category of theism that I quoted (polytheism, pantheism, dualism etc) then you are in the category. Isnt that a given, obvious?

Buddhist or Buddhism and others alike are all not in the category of monotheism.

I am not a fan of anology, but if I were to provide one for you it would be along these lines:

Don't praise water by just looking at the ponds, look Infront of you there is a whole ocean. 

Shia itnaasheria, Jafaria madhab, even Sunni's don't have upper hand over us when it comes to the origin of Madhabs

Anyways, if you were to make a thread with a suitable title (topic), I would be more than happy to learn more from you:from your ability to comprehend and you vise-verser.

And one more thing, I was born Shia itnaasheria, just wanted to know if you were also born Shia? Just a question.

1 hour ago, ShiaMahamed said:

So in short, I would say the following in summary:

If you revere anyone or anyone's works whom come under the category of theism that I quoted (polytheism, pantheism, dualism etc) then you are in the category. Isnt that a given, obvious?

I don’t revere anyone, I just revere the Truth. 

Buddhist or Buddhism and others alike are all not in the category of monotheism.

Sure.  Some Buddhists call themselves Atheists.  I am fine with that.  I like Atheists.  You call yourself a Theist.  That’s fine too.  I am fine with your belief in the concept of God (which as a concept is limited).  I am fine in your believe of a limited thing (you call God) that is called or that is supposedly “unlimited” (which turns out to be a mere concept or an imaginary thing and therefore limited).  

I am not a fan of anology, but if I were to provide one for you it would be along these lines:

Don't praise water by just looking at the ponds, look Infront of you there is a whole ocean. 

Shia itnaasheria, Jafaria madhab, even Sunni's don't have upper hand over us when it comes to the origin of Madhabs

Anyways, if you were to make a thread with a suitable title (topic), I would be more than happy to learn more from you:from your ability to comprehend and you vise-verser.

And one more thing, I was born Shia itnaasheria, just wanted to know if you were also born Shia? Just a question.

No problem.  Born and raised 12ver Shia.  I also teach at a 12ver Shia Madressa using 12ver Shia curriculum.  

For the record:

I am not Shia, Sunni, Sufi, Jew, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, or Atheist or anything.   I just am.  

Edited by eThErEaL

Salam alaikum every one

Sorry I could not be on shiachat as I was away to my paternal grandparents' for Muharram.

Thank you everyone for their input.

I have come to the conclusion that I will just ignore these thoughts as it is my mental health that is causing them and not my rational mind...I believe in Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and I always will Insha Allah.

Thank you All very much for your inputs.

You all will be in my prayers Insha Allah and I hope I will be in yours' too.

8 hours ago, Marzii said:

Salam alaikum every one

Sorry I could not be on shiachat as I was away to my paternal grandparents' for Muharram.

Thank you everyone for their input.

I have come to the conclusion that I will just ignore these thoughts as it is my mental health that is causing them and not my rational mind...I believe in Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and I always will Insha Allah.

Thank you All very much for your inputs.

You all will be in my prayers Insha Allah and I hope I will be in yours' too.

you can ignore it for so long, the day you face problems in life, severe problems, these doubts will be back as you'll be questioning why things are happening the way they are... you may be patient and have enough faith to get through it, inshallah.

Edited by khamosh21