Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Islamic Curriculum

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

salam alykum wrwb,

alhamdulillah who Created everything & guided it. 

Islam wise, education is important. Not looking to suppress but to enhance innate knowledge through the acquisition of acquired form of knowledge. Inasmuch as Islamic knowledge is important. alhamdulillah. So how come is it that those that teach at seminaries are feeding wrong type of Islam. Assuming that they qualified with wrong knowledge taken from their predecessors of which the fault is 'not theirs' per se, how to know if these lessons are legit?

Some of those who embraced Islam before others are blinded by vices(kibr etc) such that when comparison is made between their deeds & Qur'an & find that what is practised is not according to the book, they become heedless & stubborn about things. eg, 'you are the sheep & am a sherperd, you can't tell me the time of Fajr, even if it's in the Qur'an!!!' 

So why are we taught the wrong type of Islam @ places like Al Mustapha uni. Those that qualify go on to teach what they learned.

It doesn't make much difference if Muharram is the first month or not, it will remain Muharram. Yet other lessons are critical in their nature.

Do we sincerely learn to apply or do we learn to be ducks & just speak about it without applying? 

alhamdulillah for being a slow learner. The little that is learned satiates when applied.

• Forum Administrators
1 hour ago, Mzwakhe said:

So why are we taught the wrong type of Islam @ places like Al Mustapha uni. Those that qualify go on to teach what they learned.

Salam, Brother. I don't know where you got that idea. Al-Mustapha University has a good reputation. If a student turns out bad, it is not the teacher's fault. 

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Salam, Brother. I don't know where you got that idea. Al-Mustapha University has a good reputation. If a student turns out bad, it is not the teacher's fault. 

alhamdulillah you're right & am not disputing their reputation. 

I tried to look for material(something tangible) so to clarify what am saying. I don't need to go to al Mustapha uni to get it. It is lying around in some homes & definitely in the mosque. We are/have learned from it. To take care of the food sources, that which is eaten.

On the uni itself, just like many, it takes a lot of sifting dear sister whilst time pass for application.

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

If a student turns out bad, it is not the teacher's fault

& whose fault is it without vicariously atoning?

When students turn out great, it is because of the teachers(forget about all my deeds & efforts being for Allah((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى))) & when they turn out evil it is because of their doing. 

7 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

has a good reputation

is there a way of knowing whether the same 'good reputation' is so in the eyes of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for we care a lot about people's view of us more than we're concerned about how Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) views us.

During 2017, I was a student there & something gravely unislamic occurred. I frowned & concealed. When there was persistence I informed a maolana & he also advised concealment more so when am not part of it. Upon further persistence I asked Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for advice & I got acquainted with an ayat without disregarding its reason for revelation. I left.

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Mzwakhe said:

Salam Al Mustapha university is teaching pure version of Sunni branches that not affected by wahabi poison & only branch of it it in city of Gorgan that has has Sunni majority population is doing it & I think Al Mustafa uni & other Sunni schools in Iran are only Sunni Hawzas that are teaching Sunni fiqh without infection of wahabism that sometimes it caused converting Sunni students to convert to Shia Islam or at least they don't become Molavis with hate of Shia Islam & Muslims because they learn Sunni teachings without biased influence of wahabism that contaminated rest of Sunni Hawzas around the world. 

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam Al Mustapha university is teaching pure version of Sunni branches

wa alaykum salaam wrwb

Why not the jurisprudence according to Imam Jaffer as Sadiq(عليه السلام)?

• Advanced Member

Salam 

13 hours ago, Mzwakhe said:

Why not the jurisprudence according to Imam Jaffer as Sadiq(عليه السلام)?

Imams of all four branches of Sunni schools of taught directly or indirectly were students of Imam Jaffar Sadiq (عليه السلام) but he didn't force his idea on them. 

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam 

Imams of all four branches of Sunni schools of taught directly or indirectly were students of Imam Jaffar Sadiq (عليه السلام) but he didn't force his idea on them. 

wa alaykum salaam wrwb,

But the question is why is the Sunni madhab being taught @ Shi'a seminaries?

On 9/4/2019 at 4:55 AM, Mzwakhe said:

During 2017, I was a student there

With a major aim of growing spiritually & to learn alhamdulillah.

The subjects offered were

- Aqaid

* Ahkam

- Tareekh

- Arabic 

* It was according to Ayatollah Sistani(رضي الله عنه)

• Advanced Member
59 minutes ago, Mzwakhe said:

But the question is why is the Sunni madhab being taught @ Shi'a seminaries?

Salam it’s teaching under term of inter religion course even some Shia scholars attend in these classes to know about Sunni principles to use it in their debate with Sunnis & it also has historical base that some Shia scholars under term of Taqyia was learning Sunni principles & in Sunni majority countries were using Sunni doctrine that was near to Shia Islam teachings & if saw someone is interested in Shia teaching were promoting Shia Islam to people in private meetings.

• Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam it’s teaching under term of inter religion course

alhamdulillah, this makes sense.

• Advanced Member

Another subject offered is Akhlaq(morals/conduct/manners).

Listening to a lecturer who says that Muslims men should be flawless in their behaviour due to them having learnt from or following the best teacher (s) who came to reform the very same morals/manners/conduct. 

Is it down to lack of application of what is learned that the affairs are like so? Or maybe it is part of being sifted to see who is the truest in following Nabi Muhammad(s)'s teachings. 

It always going to be difficult weighing the current affairs against Allah((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى))'s decrees.

99. “And if your Lord had willed, whoever is on the Earth would have believed, all of them, all together. Will thou then compel the people till they become believers?”

100. “And it is not for a soul to believe except by the Will of Allah, and He appoints uncleanness (of infidelity) on those who do not ponder.”

101. “Say: ‘Observe you what is in the heavens and the Earth! But neither Signs nor warnings avail a people who do not believe’.”

Yunus

• Advanced Member
On 9/5/2019 at 9:18 PM, Ashvazdanghe said:

it’s teaching

salam,

"Muharram is the first month of the year according to the Muslim lunar calendar" https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235054785-what-about-kashmir/?page=6&tab=comments#comment-3240280

"But the Arabs were accustomed to count Muharram as the first month, and old habits die hard; and that is why many people continued to follow that custom. That is the only explanation why Muharram came to be counted as first month of the Hijrah calendar. Obviously, this month had nothing to do with the Hijrah the event upon which the Muslim year is based" https://www.al-Islam.org/al-serat/vol-6-no-3-4-1401ah/martyrdom-Imam-husayn-and-Muslim-and-jewish-calendars-Sayyid-saeed-0

alhamdulillah, Allah((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى))'s ways cannot be comprehended as the question would be about the food & its source & how much of responsibility lies on us about not taking care of the authenticity? The journey is long & still guidance is needed from those who have walked the path yet when dealing with matters of sincerity & purity of the intention those key aspects are not easy to ascertain that they are there in any individual. Personal desires are mixed with the teachings whilst neglecting the teachings. Either the fearlessness of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is no longer there or it is those darkened hearts that have reached the point of no return that the message will be totally disregarded.