Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Mohammadi_follower

Jobs in Iran without speaking Farsi well?

Seeking the best of what is with Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى),

This is what we get

alhamdulillah.

6-24-768x768.thumb.jpg.43db71452d275a2815101e29b667eb26.jpg

So alhamdulillah it is of critical nature & am smiling because of the thought about not taking advice from 'women' in the other thread. Anyway In my humble opinion you know so let's apply sab'r Insha'Allah & focus on tomorrow...

10 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

Nature and extent of advice sought.

are you religious and brave & noble?

Ok, are you brave and noble?

are you noble?

On 9/6/2019 at 9:19 PM, Mzwakhe said:

are you religious and brave & noble?

Ok, are you brave and noble?

are you noble?

It is like when looking to get married the qualities recommend are religious ones over money and beauty(appearance).

Then when night prayer and fasting are not enough for 'religious proof', truthfulness & fullfiment of rights are recommended too. alhamdulillah

So @habib e najjaar I wouldn't know about your religion( 'een you & Allah((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى))) or your being brave or about your nobility(I lack tools for measuring). 

What I know is that I have a need I need to raise & I really need a lawyer, ia:offtopic:

alhamdulillah

50 minutes ago, Ibn al-Hussain said:

من معمولا هر چند ماه تهران میرم برای تفریح و گردش (وقتی از قم خسته میشم :D). 

Do you go to the North of Iran regularly? Ive never been there, planning to inshaAllah. Its pretty close to Tehran (5 hour drive) so its a doable road trip.

On 9/7/2019 at 2:07 AM, Mzwakhe said:

What I know is that I have a need I need to raise & I really need a lawyer, ia:offtopic:

alhamdulillah

The Right of one who asks your Counsel

The right of him who asks your counsel (mustansih) is that you give him your counsel, but you conduct yourself toward him with compassion and kindness.

42. حق المستنصح

وحق المستنصح أن تؤدي إليه النصيحة، وليكن مذهبك الرحمة له والرفق به.

3 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

Do you go to the North of Iran regularly? Ive never been there, planning to inshaAllah. Its pretty close to Tehran (5 hour drive) so its a doable road trip.

I've only been to Karaj, Fouman and Chamkhaleh. I will try to go to Rasht this year. In Tehran I've been to Darband many times for hiking and also I've been skiing to Dizin.

1 minute ago, Ibn al-Hussain said:

I've only been to Karaj, Fouman and Chamkhaleh. I will try to go to Rasht this year. In Tehran I've been to Darband many times for hiking and also I've been skiing to Dizin.

Cool.. I've not been anywhere particularly interesting in Tehran. We would mainly be at home while there.

On 9/7/2019 at 5:24 AM, habib e najjaar said:

Cool.. I've not been anywhere particularly interesting in Tehran. We would mainly be at home while there.

Well when I come to Tehran I'm pretty much a foreign tourist so we check out everything we can. Recently I went to Chitgar Lake https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chitgar_Lake - it was very nice as well.

On 9/7/2019 at 5:35 AM, Ibn al-Hussain said:

Well when I come to Tehran I'm pretty much a foreign tourist so we check out everything we can. Recently I went to Chitgar Lake https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chitgar_Lake - it was very nice as well.

I am only Iranian by operation of law (unless I am no longer given change of reasons which made me one in the first place) , so yes, I'd love the tourist like trips within Iran. InshaAllah I can now start doing this next time I am in Iran.

On 9/6/2019 at 5:52 PM, habib e najjaar said:

Nature and extent of advice sought.

alhamdulillah I came across this lawyer brother on the day of Ashura. He says it is impossible to sue those who use jinns because basically there's no proof. Dealing with jinns is difficult in a court of law but somehow they do deal with matters relating to witchcraft. So how do I prove/state my case without proof? 

Edited by Mzwakhe

On 9/4/2019 at 5:53 PM, habib e najjaar said:

Like the poster above mentioned, there is a dire need for signage. In Mashhad, it is pretty easy to get around, as all roads include directions to get to the Haram of Imam Ridha (عليه السلام) and once you get there, you can easily know where to get where you need to -well for me anyway, directions to the haram could lead me home, to my inlaws home and to the major shopping districts. Tehrans metro network is more complicated because they have multiple lines as opposed to Iran which runs a single line (2nd one was being built, maybe it is functioning now.. ive not been there in over 3 years :( )

Khat 2 is now operational. As for khat 3, probably in 2 years will be operational
Too bad I didn't know earlier that you were living in Mashhad. You just suddenly left the site.

On 9/3/2019 at 9:37 PM, Mohammadi_follower said:

Salam aleykoum, 

I wanted to ask if you know if it would be difficult to find a job in Iran when we have iranian passport but not (at least for the moment) a very good level of Farsi. 

Does some jobs would be more easy to find than others? 

Thanks for your help. 

I think remote freelancing jobs are great. But it is hard to get one, especially on online service provider (e.g freelancer or upwork) because you have to build portofolio and reputation before getting some real earnings.

On 9/7/2019 at 5:46 PM, habib e najjaar said:

I am only Iranian by operation of law (unless I am no longer given change of reasons which made me one in the first place) , so yes, I'd love the tourist like trips within Iran. InshaAllah I can now start doing this next time I am in Iran.

You don't plan to live in Iran, do you??

Edited by 000

:bismillah:

:salam:

There are language institutes who need native English teachers. They also need French and German teachers too. Most of the Iranian teachers speak English VERY badly. I've talked to several English teachers and one of them asks me very basic questions over Whatsapp almost every day. Also, the books they use are based on American culture and there are things in the books that they can't understand. Yesterday, he asked me what a King size mattress is. Apparently, he can't just google it. 
Qom is the cheapest city in Iran from what I've heard. You can live on about $300 a month here easily. Bring dollars and you can live comfortably because most jobs in Iran aren't high paying. Also, it's hard for foreigners to find jobs besides teaching English. 

9 hours ago, Ali Mahdi said:

There are language institutes who need native English teachers. They also need French and German teachers too. Most of the Iranian teachers speak English VERY badly. I've talked to several English teachers and one of them asks me very basic questions over Whatsapp almost every day. Also, the books they use are based on American culture and there are things in the books that they can't understand. Yesterday, he asked me what a King size mattress is. Apparently, he can't just google it. 
Qom is the cheapest city in Iran from what I've heard. You can live on about $300 a month here easily. Bring dollars and you can live comfortably because most jobs in Iran aren't high paying. Also, it's hard for foreigners to find jobs besides teaching English. 

Thanks a lot for your answer I could actually be a good french teacher I think. Do you know name of some language institutes in Iran ?

I know a few teachers personally whom I've randomly met in taxis or at the Holy Shrine of Sayyidah Fatimah al-Ma'sumah etc. Personally, I've never been to an actual institute. You could come for ziyarah and go to various institutes and ask if they would be willing to hire you or message them on Instagram. Iranians use Instagram a lot because it's the only social network which isn't filtered. 

42 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Thanks a lot for your answer I could actually be a good french teacher I think. Do you know name of some language institutes in Iran ?

http://mahancenter.com/en/about-us/
https://hafez-li.ir/
Some of largest language training centers in Mashhad, As far as I know they also offer French courses. As you can see on their websites, their english is not so good.

4 hours ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

Remember the title of this topic :grin: "jobs in Iran without speaking Farsi well". 

I think she meant that in order to teach any foreign language you may need to have some level of Farsi as well. Unless you are using a hard-core pedagogy that relies on no use of the students' mother tongue.

Funnily enough there is another thread running at the moment where this point is being made for people learning Farsi. I'm suggesting the same point is made to Iranians learning French.

37 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Ja'abi said:

Reading is, without a doubt, the easiest thing to do since it's applying skills you've learned through grammar explanations and exercises, though my advice for reading is to not translate the Farsi into English. The Farsi must remain in Farsi and be comprehended by your brain as Farsi. It seems difficult initially but over time you'll start to do it easier and you'll build fluency. That way your brain will learn to deal with Farsi as Farsi, not English being translated into or out of Farsi

Edited by Haji 2003

7 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

I think she meant that in order to teach any foreign language you may need to have some level of Farsi as well. Unless you are using a hard-core pedagogy that relies on no use of the students' mother tongue.

Funnily enough there is another thread running at the moment where this point is being made for people learning Farsi. I'm suggesting the same point is made to Iranians learning French.

I don't know if this is a good exemple but many English teacher I had were British who despite living in France since many years didn't speak French at all. 

By the way I have notions of Farsi but I am not vet good. 

23 hours ago, Ali Mahdi said:

I don’t think he can earn much if he works as a teacher in language institutes (this is why most teachers working in these institutes are women because usually high income is not their first preference). Moreover, the number of the students who want to learn French is so much lower than those wanting to learn English. Sometimes, there are only 1 or 2 students in French classes.

Sometimes, institutes or even schools don’t employ their staff based on their knowledge and experience...this is why you have seen teachers asking very basic question.

If he works as an English tutor, he can have a high or even very high income providing that he finds enough students and holds enough sessios during the week (he can teach online through applications such as whatsapp or hold workshops). But not everyone can find many students.

P.S: he didnt know what a king-sized mattress is??!! Where does he live?!

On 9/4/2019 at 6:53 AM, habib e najjaar said:

I also did not find the teaching environment conducive as they held mixed classes for males and females, and as a chador + niqab wearing person, it would not be hijab friendly to instruct males.

MashaAllah! Sorry but I’m going to ask some personal questions, just want to understand your thinking.

Did you always practice proper hijab, like in your teenage and early adult years, (maybe not as proper as chador+niqab but still pretty proper) or did you develop into a person who practiced proper/better than proper hijab? If so, how and why did you develop this way?

What do you have to say to the younger generations of females who practice westernized versions of hijab where they don’t actually satisfy the rules of hijab, like people who have good hearts and value religion but their hijab is very mediocre and technically cannot be considered as proper hijab (e.g the no-socks hijab type of people, the people who wear hijab but also post themselves dressed up on social media, the no montow/abaya or any western equivalent of a montow/abaya hijab type of people and etc.)...? 

Why do you choose to wear the niqab? From what I know, only the great Sayyid al Khoei ruled it precautionarily obligatory for women to cover their face. Is it because of Sayyid Sistani’s ruling about women having to cover their face if men are looking at their face with lust, so you just decided to take precaution and always cover it? 

Anyway, answer these if you’re comfortable to answer them.

Once again though, mashaAllah!

Edited by AStruggler

On 9/12/2019 at 7:47 PM, Mzwakhe said:

alhamdulillah I came across this lawyer brother on the day of Ashura. He says it is impossible to sue those who use jinns because basically there's no proof. Dealing with jinns is difficult in a court of law but somehow they do deal with matters relating to witchcraft. So how do I prove/state my case without proof? 

Collect proof. Otherwise, present your case in the court of He who witnesses and sees all  snd requires no persuasion or guile, nor is He in need of convincing about the truth, because He is the Truth.

3 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

Collect proof. Otherwise, present your case in the court of He who witnesses and sees all  snd requires no persuasion or guile, nor is He in need of convincing about the truth, because He is the Truth.

Of all that matters is His(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will over ours so you look to thread with extreme caution even when there are signs. 

18 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

Collect proof

proof for the Day of Accounting is preserved alhamdulillah.

Proof for today living is hard to get hold of as they are looking to paralyse or humiliate or destroy or whatever it is they do whilst on the other side they're begging for allegiance using all tricks be it intimidation with death or the promise of what is material, lush properties, well bred horses & the ladies they offer, you know that drill & etc.

All that in exchange for what doesn't belong to them & they want it:ranting: so bad:hahaha:. just that their offer is not interesting as it is all lies, had it been not, they would have stopped begging a poor man while being rich, unless their riches are fake like tramp being a fake president.

anyway, about that job in Iran without even knowing Farsi, Insha'Allah