Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Leaving ShiaChat

Rate this topic

Islandsandmirrors

• Advanced Member

Bye sister, may Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bless you and the people you love, may Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) protect your from evildoers. 

• Veteran Member
7 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

It’s time to move on with my life and move on to greener forums, focus on my career, and my personal life.

Thank you to the few members who have made this place a memorable and great experience. Your friendship, wisdom, and your support means so much to me. You know who you are — I will miss you guys dearly. 

Islandsandmirrors :) 

Salaam,

And I just got back to ShiaChat.

Take care sister.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Thank you to the few members who have made this place a memorable and great experience. Your friendship, wisdom, memes and your support means so much to me. You know who you are — I will miss you guys dearly. 

You're welcome. All the best.

• Veteran Member

Salams @Islandsandmirrors

My best wishes for all that lies ahead.

Your post reminds me of the time when I posted similar messages in the hope that a formal goodbye would help me stay away from ShiaChat and break the addiction. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't, and I came back. 

Once the addiction was broken, I didn't need to make an effort to stay away and it also didn't feel as if ShiaChat was stopping me from focusing on other things in life. 

Eighteen years on, I'm still here, check it every once in a while, make a post or two, and go into hibernation again. I recommend this formula :grin:

On 9/3/2019 at 4:08 AM, ShiaMan14 said:

And I just got back to ShiaChat.

So what you're waiting for? Come on, start hot debates once again. Its been long time watching Shiaman challenging someone :D 

• Advanced Member

Goodbye and good luck fo the future, I thank you for helping me with that thing I messed you about some time ago. I am eternally grateful! :byecry:

Edited by Ali~J

• Advanced Member
On 9/3/2019 at 1:00 AM, Islandsandmirrors said:

It’s time to move on with my life and move on to greener forums, focus on my career, and my personal life.

Thank you to the few members who have made this place a memorable and great experience. Your friendship, wisdom, and your support means so much to me. You know who you are — I will miss you guys dearly. 

Salam

take care and may you have a blessed marriage

wasalam

• Advanced Member

Also @Islandsandmirrors since you're leaving this community it's important to build real-life connections with mu'min people (maybe you already have I donno). I've personally found it very satisfying when I involve myself with the community in real life. There's a lot of negatives that we have to accept when we decide to be part of an online community. People sit behind a computer screen and say what they normally wouldn't say. It also gives trolls a chance to shine and it can legit ruin the experience for so many other users. A lot of people argue for the sake of arguing as well as speak with no knowledge. I'm sure you've also come across users who show no empathy. I have to admit that although I love certain users on this forum, a lot of things have put me off, and this is one of the reasons I was contemplating on leaving too. But hey, I've limited my use and know how to focus on other important things. It's even unhealthy, mentally and physically to excessively use this forum. 

Also, yeah your time is very valuable and you won't ever get it back. There's so much to achieve in life and I'm sure you'll achieve great things inshallah. But don't delete you account (if it can lol), Like maybe come back after a year and tell us about your journey! You've been a special part of this community, so yeah don't destroy your account. 

• Advanced Member
On 9/3/2019 at 2:00 AM, Islandsandmirrors said:

All the best dear sister Islandsandmirrors

• Forum Administrators
On 9/2/2019 at 6:00 PM, Islandsandmirrors said:

It’s time to move on with my life and move on to greener forums,

Sister, I don't think any other online forum will be as beneficial as ShiaChat, but I wish you well. Khoda hafez