Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
HaseebFA

Who narrated the following traditions on music attributed to the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم))?

Rate this topic

These are the narrations I have found: 

“The Almighty Allah has sent me as a mercy to the worlds, to guide the people. And He ordered me to eradicate the playing of flute and other instruments of music, all games of vice, idol (worship) and all practices of the days of ignorance.” (Mustadrak ul-Wasa’il, Chapter 79)

“A person who possesses a sitar, on the day of Qiyāma will be raised with a black face. His hands will be holding a sitar of fire. Seventy thousand angels with maces of fire will be hitting him on the face and the head. The singer will arise from his grave, blind, deaf and dumb. The adulterer will be similarly raised. The player of flute will also be made to rise in this way as will be the drum player." (Mustadrak ul-Wasa’il)

I want to know who narrated from the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم))? Even the first transmitter is fine. 

Thank you very much! 

2 hours ago, HaseebFA said:

“The Almighty Allah has sent me as a mercy to the worlds, to guide the people. And He ordered me to eradicate the playing of flute and other instruments of music, all games of vice, idol (worship) and all practices of the days of ignorance.” (Mustadrak ul-Wasa’il, Chapter 79)

Narrated from Aʾbi Umāmah ʿal-Bāhili, can be found in Mustādrak ʿal-Wasāʾil, volume 13, page 219, ḥādith 15175,

which he referenced from the tāfsir of Aʾbū l-Futūḥ ʿal-Rāzi, volume 4, page 269.

2 hours ago, HaseebFA said:

“A person who possesses a sitar, on the day of Qiyāma will be raised with a black face. His hands will be holding a sitar of fire. Seventy thousand angels with maces of fire will be hitting him on the face and the head. The singer will arise from his grave, blind, deaf and dumb. The adulterer will be similarly raised. The player of flute will also be made to rise in this way as will be the drum player." (Mustadrak ul-Wasa’il)

This one (apparently) doesn’t have a chain, and can be found in the same source, ḥādith 15176.

Edited by Simon the Canaanite

2 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

Nobody would have possessed a sitar back then, but they may have possessed an oud or maybe even a rubab.

Salams,

[15176] 17 - جامع الأخبار: قال رسول الله (صلى الله عليه وآله): " يحشر صاحب الطنبور يوم القيامة وهو أسود الوجه، وبيده طنبور من نار، وفوق رأسه سبعون ألف ملك، بيد كل ملك مقمعة يضربون رأسه ووجهه، ويحشر صاحب الغناء من قبره أعمى وأخرس وأبكم، ويحشر الزاني مثل ذلك، وصاحب المزمار مثل ذلك، وصاحب الدف مثل ذلك ".

The hadith uses the phrase Sahib al-Tanbuur, not sitar.

18 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

Ah, I see. The Tanbur was used in some ritual, wasn't it? I don't know much other than that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanbur