Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Bashar ʿal-Assad

Rate this topic

I don’t like Assad and the ideology of his government (baathism) and I think he is in big responsible of the horrible situation we see now in Syria.

But now this is a fact that he is the only person who is not dangerous for the stability of Syria and for the Shia community so without loving him he is better than those in front of him.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

And this is for his supporters (from Iran and whatnot).

Salam the second video is a pure wahabi propaganda anyway if I had authority & Power I would destroy by myself the tomb of wreteched enemy of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) like as tomb of Muawiah (la) but you completly blinded by your hate against Iranians & Iran regime if you were on your senses you wouldn't belame destruction of tomb of wretched enemy of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) but you are protecting enemies of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) as Khalid ibn Walid (la) that had major rule in attack to  Lady Fatima (sa) & her martyrdombe happy with your wahabi Saqifa lover friends.:dwarf::NH::ranting: the grave of Yazeed (la)  & Muawiah (la) are also in Syria and are in bad condition so you can go & protect their grave like as grave of Khalid ibn Walid (la) :hahaha:

YAZID GRAVE AND IBN ZIYAD PALACE

Mauwiyas Grave (LANTI)

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

• Veteran Member

This is for people who don’t know whether Assad is a good person or not. 

Notice how he distinguishes between those who are unsure as to whether he is a "good person" on one side, and on the other those who "support him" on the other - as opposed to those who believe he is a good person.

OP is either very immature or disingenuous. 

Most on here who prefer he remain in power for the time being, see that he is the better option of the current altermatives, daesh or alqaeda or  "moderate" jihadis (FSA), or some Western Liberal Democratic puppet government.

Supporting him as the least worst of the other outcomes of course does not equate to suggesting he is morally upright. OP may or may not know this.

22 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam the second video is a pure wahabi propaganda anyway if I had authority & Power I would destroy by myself the tomb of wreteched enemy of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) like as tomb of Muawiah (la) but you completly blinded by your hate against Iranians & Iran regime if you were on your senses you wouldn't belame destruction of tomb of wretched enemy of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) but you are protecting enemies of Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) as Khalid ibn Walid (la) that had major rule in attack to  Lady Fatima (sa) & her martyrdombe happy with your Saqifa lover friends.

Whoa. Calm down, buddy. You just learned about barʾah today in class, or what happened exactly?

If you’re so mad at Ḵḫālid bin ʿal-Wālid for doing that, why don’t you also curse the person that sent him? (Or in other words, the commander of that operation).

And if you’re so mad at Muawiya, and willing to demolish his tomb if you had power, why don’t you curse the person that designated him as Governor of the Levant?

Amir Mūsāvi, Iranian politician, diplomat, journalist, and chief of the strategic studies, research and international affairs of Tehran can be seen here sending mercy upon Ḵḫālid.

7 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Notice how he distinguishes between those who are unsure as to whether he is a "good person" on one side, and on the other those who "support him" on the other - as opposed to those who believe he is a good person.

OP is either very immature or disingenuous. 

Most on here who prefer he remain in power for the time being, see that he is the better option of the current altermatives, daesh or alqaeda or  "moderate" jihadis (FSA), or some Western Liberal Democratic puppet government.

Supporting him as the least worst of the other outcomes of course does not equate to suggesting he is morally upright. OP may or may not know this.

Don’t try to complicate things, because it doesn’t work.

«لَا دِينَ لِمَنْ دَانَ بِوَلَايَةِ إمَامٍ جَائِرٍ ليْسَ مِنَ الله»

Edited by Simon the Canaanite

43 minutes ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

> Has a profile picture of Qasem Soleimani (a supporter of Assad).

> Follows Khamenei.

l2WuAmf.jpg

Qasem Soleimani helped assadd to stabilize Syria and fought against terrorists and Khamenei is just talking with an ally. So I have actually no problem with the picture you show here. I will be harsh but honnestly when you talk about politics you look to be very immature. When I said I don't like Assad that doesn't mean I love more those in front of him and like I said he is better. 

• Advanced Member
29 minutes ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

Amir Mūsāvi, Iranian politician, diplomat, journalist, and chief of the strategic studies, research and international affairs of Tehran can be seen here sending mercy upon Ḵḫālid.

at first you don't know Taqiya second he doesn't represent view of Islamic government now & he was terying to make excuse for Bashar Assad but you stick to a very short part of his speech without listening to his full speech & at last all Shias in Iran hate Khalid ibn walid (la) in Arabic conquest to Iran under command of Abuabakr & Umar he killed many Iranians even after their converting to Islam & he is most hated person in history of Iranian Shias based on Al Arabira site salafi/Wahabi groups  of Algeria  requested deporting Amir Mūsāvi, for anonymous spreading of Shia Islam that also shirazi cult knows it as it's territory & fights with Iran influence beside the wahabi groups & Mko terrorists

https://Farsi.alarabiya.net/fa/middle-east/2016/01/25/الجزایر-کمپین-مردمی-برای-اخراج-دیپلمات-ایرانی

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVwg96htqVc (MKO terrorist propagnda against him)

https://iranintl.com/جهان/حمله-دیپلمات-ایرانی-به-همسر-رئيس-جمهور-پیشین-الجزایر-جنجال-آفرید

https://www.peykeiran.com/Content.aspx?ID=167067

https://shabtabnews.com/1396/11/10/افکار-عمومی-الجزایر-نسبت-به-کج-خُلقی-یک/

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

• Veteran Member

When you're presented with the reality of a complex politicial situation in the Middle East involving multiple stakeholders, some of whom with conflict of interests:

8 minutes ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

Don’t try to complicate things, because it doesn’t work.

• Veteran Member

This is for people who don’t know whether Assad is a good person or not. (@3wliya_maryam).

(Off-topic fact: Apparently, ʿal-Assad is a relative of mine).

I don't see Assad dropping or throwing those bombs in either video? The whole West and Israel did their best arming and training FSA and gave them air support which became limited after Russia intervened years later, so how do we know there was Assad in that helicopter and just who was being bombed? Secondly, that mosque seems to be taking damage from mortar shells and anti-personnel munition, if, suppose, I wanted to destroy it I would use demolition charges. What are security forces supposed to do when rats occupy a mosque anyway, let them be because its a mosque?

• Veteran Member

As a historical note: The US used barrel bombs in Vietnam -as well as fuel-air explosives beginning in 1964 after they were developed at China Lake. Before this they used light-case bombs.

Take a 4-5 story building like an apartment block. A 2,000 pound GP, General Purpose Bomb, will cut a building like this in half. This is the kind of dropped bomb most people are familiar with.

As l posted last year, the Syrian gov't helicopters were dropping torpedoes.

But even if some are 'barrel bombs', so what? The amount of explosive on target is the metric used to measure things. Example: a 4.2"/107mm mortar puts more explosive on a target than a 105mm (heavily steeled) shell.

• Advanced Member

I like al-Assad. He is a crucial ally for Iran and other Shia countries despite the fact that he himself can barely be considered a Shia
He is an Alawi, which could be considered a type of Shia, but if you look at images of him praying, you'll see that he prays like a Sunnibashar-al-assadeid-al-fitr-2014-5.jpg

• Veteran Member
4 minutes ago, humanbeing101 said:

Assad is a taghut and should not be supported by Shias. 

Easy to sit back and take a neutral stance. Kindly propose who should be in power in Syria today? 

Whoever is in power will have an impact on Israel, the resistance against Israel and any support offered, to said resistance from Iran. 

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, humanbeing101 said:

Assad is a taghut and should not be supported by Shias. 

Better to stand by and watch them (the opposition) demolish the shrine of bibi Zeynab. Watch Syria split into 3 different nations all under the mercy of those who dominate them. Then when the fire spreads to the neighbouring countries, we can all cry and ask how could this happen?!

Good thing those in power among the Shias recognize the reality of the situation there far better than the laymen.

• Veteran Member

No one thinks Bashar is a ‘good’ person. But he’s an ally to the cause against US and Zionist interference and control in the Middle East. We must use what we have. 

Even a certain Imam admitted that one of his followers doubted him but he picked him because he was the best out of what was available. If Bashar was not given support then the US would come in, take over, and would have had total control of the Middle East by now.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Easy to sit back and take a neutral stance. Kindly propose who should be in power in Syria today? 

Whoever is in power will have an impact on Israel, the resistance against Israel and any support offered, to said resistance from Iran. 

Where are you from?

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Your reply is both irrelevant and fails to answer my question. 

It's relevant because it will demonstrate whether you have actually lived under Baathi rule or have had family under Baathi rule. Baathis killed many of my people and any justification of their rule is immoral. 

• Veteran Member
10 minutes ago, humanbeing101 said:

I don't even believe Syria should exist as a political entity. 

That's all well and nice, but still fails to address the situation as it stands.

The fact is, there is a nation-state that exists as the Syrian Arab Republic which is/was under Daesh partial control, has Al Qaeda affialtions present and foreign backed, so called moderate jihadis, as well as Kurdish militia and of course pro regime forces including foreign forces.

As it stands the current regime and its backers have prevented Daesh taking over or extending their presence. Any other installed Western puppet government will be pro Israel and anti Iran, which leaves the Shia of Lebamon at risk, given the role Syria plays in between Iran and Hezb.

Unless you answer my question this conversation will not go any further after this.

• Advanced Member

The attacking Shirazi cult everytime increases its attack to to allies of Iran like as Bashar Asad & Hizbullah & Sayed Hasan Nasrollah when they feel Zionist Israel is in danger & Wahabi mercenaries in Syria are in great danger that after recent warning of Sayed Hasan Nasrullah to Israel & start of month of Muharram that unites Shia Muslims around the world ,they motivate their fans like as @Simon the Canaaniteto attack to Iranian allies like as Bashar Asad because he has weaker status than Sayed Hasan Nasrollah but Nasrollah because of his popularity between all Muslim from Shias & Sunnis & even Christians & some groups of anti Zionist Jews is untouchable so they start to attack to Bashar Asad & dropping corodile tears for safety of sites that is important for Wahabi ISIS fighters in Syria like as grave of Khalid Ibn walid (la) like as white helmets that are masters of fake attacks & bringing disunity between Shias & Sunnis.:einstein::book:

Hasan Nsrallah we will confront Israeli drones in Lebanon ,retaliate against Israel 

Senior Iranian official :150,000 missiles in Lebanon , Syria ,Gaza are meant to deter Israel

The Syrian Army liberates strategic town of Khan Shaykhoun 

Everything you need about the battle of Idlib (August 2019)

Sayyid Hasan Nasrallah on British Shiism 

Has Erdogan abandoned his proxies in exchange for Russian gas ?

How Turkey plans to occupy northern Syria

Jaffari Tashayyu aur Jaali Tashayyu ! Momineen Hoshiar || Ustad Muhtaram Sayed Jawad Naqwi ||

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

That's all well and nice, but still fails to address the situation as it stands.

The fact is, there is a nation-state that exists as the Syrian Arab Republic which is/was under Daesh partial control, has Al Qaeda affialtions present and foreign backed, so called moderate jihadis, as well as Kurdish militia and of course pro regime forces including foreign forces.

As it stands the current regime and its backers have prevented Daesh taking over or extending their presence. Any other installed Western puppet government will be pro Israel and anti Iran, which leaves the Shia of Lebamon at risk, given the role Syria plays in between Iran and Hezb.

Unless you answer my question this conversation will not go any further after this.

You keep saying you won't respond if I don't answer your question and yet you keep responding lol...

I've already answered your question however. You're employing a presupposition fallacy because it assumes I recognize the Syrian state, I don't. 

Furthermore it was the taghut Assad that released the Jihadists in the first place in 2011 when he realised his rule could be up. He released Jihadists like Zahran Alloush & Hasan Aboud. Reference: https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/08/assad-victory-Syria/566522/

image.png.06605a2abf08618229d14fba690d22a9.png

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, humanbeing101 said:

It's relevant because it will demonstrate whether you have actually lived under Baathi rule or have had family under Baathi rule. Baathis killed many of my people and any justification of their rule is immoral. 

I have been to Syria back in the days of Hafiz Al-Assad, so I will agree to that fact that the Syrian secret police use to be quite hard handed. I don't think that many will disagree with that. Howewer that does not justify the sectarian takeover of a multi-ethnic and multi-religious country like Syria. And you have to admit that those who is trying to topple the Syrian government is a bunch of sectarians. Mainly Salafis and Muslimbrothers who has been notorious at killing, raping, torturing, enslaving, harassing and even eating the liver of people from ethnic and religious minority groups in Syria. 

And even though the Syrian secret police under Hafiz Al-Assad use to be quite hard handed, it also had a reason at least to begin with. Namely the first time the Muslimbrothers tried to stage an armed insurgency back in the 70's. At that time also payed by Israel and the United states.It is also worth noticing that the Baathist rule has not been any worse that the neighboring countries including Turkey and Israel. And it was never as bad as Saddam Hissains Iraq.

5 minutes ago, humanbeing101 said:

I don't even believe Syria should exist as a political entity. 

Oh really What entity would you like to rule it? Dawlat Islamiya fi il Iraq wa Sham? The Zionist entity? Al-Qaida? Erdogan? Syria is an old cultural nation and it should be ruled by all its people.

• Advanced Member
Just now, humanbeing101 said:

Com on! next you will invoke Bellingcat, the white helmets and the so called "Syrian observatory for human rights"  These are known propagandist of western governments. They are payed to run a specific narrative. None of what they write can be taken serious.

• Advanced Member
Just now, Revert1963 said:

I have been to Syria back in the days of Hafiz Al-Assad, so I will agree to that fact that the Syrian secret police use to be quite hard handed. I don't think that many will disagree with that. Howewer that does not justify the sectarian takeover of a multi-ethnic and multi-religious country like Syria. And you have to admit that those who is trying to topple the Syrian government is a bunch of sectarians. Mainly Salafis and Muslimbrothers who has been notorious at killing, raping, torturing, enslaving, harassing and even eating the liver of people from ethnic and religious minority groups in Syria. 

And even though the Syrian secret police under Hafiz Al-Assad use to be quite hard handed, it also had a reason at least to begin with. Namely the first time the Muslimbrothers tried to stage an armed insurgency back in the 70's. At that time also payed by Israel and the United states.It is also worth noticing that the Baathist rule has not been any worse that the neighboring countries including Turkey and Israel. And it was never as bad as Saddam Hissains Iraq.

Oh really What entity would you like to rule it? Dawlat Islamiya fi il Iraq wa Sham? The Zionist entity? Al-Qaida? Erdogan? Syria is an old cultural nation and it should be ruled by all its people.

I literally showed you and with a reference Assad released those same very Jihadists from his prisons. 

You should also know Baathism has its roots in Nazism, it imported the ultra-nationalist model of the fascists from Europe into own model of rule. Yes it also has Marxist-Leninist influences too. Reference:

image.png.f317c0659422b3ff9ed8ab26d38f076b.png

image.thumb.png.af6b743a0d547e02204297a00e5864b7.png

I would like a model of rule in Syria that is fundamentally Libertarian in nature. A decentralized confederation/federation of communes where Syrians without dictators or representatives can dictate their own lives. Sunnis, Shias, Alawis, Christians etc.. alike jointly. The Syrian state is a European construct and the structure of the Syrian state is also a European construct, namely the Westphalian state-system. Reference:

image.png.698ae066a6d1f30a198b288bc70894ed.png

image.png.0cd9d618cefae28d8e5de8f6696121cd.png

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, Revert1963 said:

Com on! next you will invoke Bellingcat, the white helmets and the so called "Syrian observatory for human rights"  These are known propagandist of western governments. They are payed to run a specific narrative. None of what they write can be taken serious.

Except this is found in numerous academic books and journal articles. Here is one by Dr.. Rajan and the publish is 'Routledge':

image.png.24beb56660621d2126bb8b352442988d.png

image.thumb.png.612174db0ff5f3703cf84f572351939a.png

• Advanced Member

I literally showed you and with a reference Assad released those same very Jihadists from his prisons. 

The whole insurgency was preplaned by United States, Israel, Saudi-Arabia, Qatar and Turkey. It was the same model they used in Libya, Syria and the Ukraine. As soon as somebody starts demonstrating get somebody to shoot at the protesters and at the police at the same time and you all ready have a civil war going. Also the supply of weapons placed in advance. Somehow the rebels got a lot of weapons very quickly. Not a coincident.

In other places like Bahrain and Egypt the protesters never got any weapons. I wonder why?

You should also know Baathism has its roots in Nazism,

And so what? Bashar Al-Assad is not a Nazi. He is a dentist who reluctantly had to take over his dads regime. What is the root of the rebels? What counts is how people behave and I think that the Syrian government with its reconciliation scheme is acting quite lenient. The rebels on the other hand behave like Nazis. I would even say that the Salafis are Islams Nazies. (I use the word Islam here because I will not do takfir to anyone even though I think they are very misguided.)

Edited by Revert1963

• Advanced Member

It's crazy I'm telling you Baathis killed my relatives

You have my condolences. It is clear that you hate Baathists because they killed your relatives. I am in no way trying to trivialize that. You must however realize that today there are so many Syrians who's relatives has been killed by the armed insurgency groups that you are trying to legitimize. The half a million+ people who has died in the conflict has not all been killed by the government. In fact the majority of the civilian dead's has been killed by the armed insurgency groups. The relatives of these dead civilian see you the same way you see the Baathists.
When the conflict is over there will have to be a reconciliation process like the one thy had in South-Africa after Apartheid. You will all have to learn to live in the new Syria with all the terrible things you have done to one an other.

• Veteran Member
32 minutes ago, humanbeing101 said:

It's crazy I'm telling you Baathis killed my relatives aaah but "so what". Baathism is rooted in Nazism... aaah "so what". Baathis released the jihadis aaah "so what". 

Kheti Beti...

:salam:

First of all, good job on quoting some CFR content on a Syria thread. 

Then, what does Baathist ideology have to do with the topic. Saddam Hussein (la) was a baathist and killed thousands of Shias. Same period, Baathist Syria was paving the way for a Shia pole in Sayeda Zainab. And at the same time Sunni Islam was never desecrated and its presence never diminished.

And sorry for being blunt but understand that 'Assad clan' killed your people is not a receivable argument in such discussions.

• Advanced Member
22 minutes ago, realizm said:

:salam:

First of all, good job on quoting some CFR content on a Syria thread. 

Then, what does Baathist ideology have to do with the topic. Saddam Hussein (la) was a baathist and killed thousands of Shias. Same period, Baathist Syria was paving the way for a Shia pole in Sayeda Zainab. And at the same time Sunni Islam was never desecrated and its presence never diminished.

And sorry for being blunt but understand that 'Assad clan' killed your people is not a receivable argument in such discussions.

Ahh, Hafez killed thousands of Sunnis too in Hama, in the most brutal of ways. His argument was he was combatting Islamist rebels and foreign backed Muslim Brotherhood opposition members, the same mantra Saddam used against Shi'as.