Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Al salam aleykom. Lately I have started to become more religious but along the way my sadness have increased. I don’t know why I’m sad. I can go down to sujood after the fajr prayer and just cry a river. I cry and I cry and I cry until the next day I find my eyes swollen. I cry because I feel very sad. I don’t even know why I feel sad it’s so weird, this is so weird. Allhamdulilah Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) have given me a lot of blessings so I’m not struggling with anything. I have felt lonely a lot lately even though I have people surrounded. A couple of times I’ve gotten dizzy and I have nearly fainted during prayer. I can fake a laugh but I’m really hurting inside without even knowing why. It’s so difficult to not know the reason why I’m sad and it’s starting to take over me. I’m almost giving up (I’m absolutely NOT thinking about suicide) I don’t have much more sabr left in me. I don’t know if this is a trauma I don’t know if this is depression I don’t know if it’s a test I don’t know if it’s a punishment I don’t know what it is. The only thing I want to do these days is sleep all day long. I really hope someone can help me 

1 hour ago, Asra02 said:

I have started to become more religious but along the way my sadness have increased.

I think it's part of the journey. Make sure it's not clinical depression. 

1 hour ago, Asra02 said:

I don’t have much more sabr left in me.

Relief is on the way, InshAllah. 

6 hours ago, Asra02 said:

Al salam aleykom. Lately I have started to become more religious but along the way my sadness have increased. I don’t know why I’m sad. I can go down to sujood after the fajr prayer and just cry a river. I cry and I cry and I cry until the next day I find my eyes swollen. I cry because I feel very sad. I don’t even know why I feel sad it’s so weird, this is so weird. Allhamdulilah Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) have given me a lot of blessings so I’m not struggling with anything. I have felt lonely a lot lately even though I have people surrounded. A couple of times I’ve gotten dizzy and I have nearly fainted during prayer. I can fake a laugh but I’m really hurting inside without even knowing why. It’s so difficult to not know the reason why I’m sad and it’s starting to take over me. I’m almost giving up (I’m absolutely NOT thinking about suicide) I don’t have much more sabr left in me. I don’t know if this is a trauma I don’t know if this is depression I don’t know if it’s a test I don’t know if it’s a punishment I don’t know what it is. The only thing I want to do these days is sleep all day long. I really hope someone can help me 

This is a rather private question, and you should feel free not to answer it it here, but do think about it. 

What has made you more religious? What are you using as a measure of an increase in your faith? Has there been a drastic change of your lifestyle and hobbies since you decided to become a more practising Muslim? These may offer some of the reasons you are feeling this great sadness after becoming more religious. For example, some people used to listen to a lot of music before becoming more religious, so when they became religious, this was a major gap in their lives which their body, soul and mind had become accustomed to. I personally do not recommend "weaning" oneself of a haraam habit, one needs to stop cold turkey. However, you may want to take up halaal activities that give you an equally high dose of "happy hormones" or dopamine levels. Also, it may help if you balance these three things in your quest to increase your faith : ilm (knowledge), amal (actions) and dhikr (remembrance). Having a higher dose of one of them can imbalance your spiritual journey. 

Take up reciting "Ya Latif" constantly, it helps a lot with depression, and take up a happy activity, to do not focus on the sadness that is enveloping you. Consider yourself lucky to be locking shaytan out of your life, and this should make you happy. Look at the sadness as a way of shaytan pressurizing you to return to his ways, or to start regretting a religious lifestyle. Rejoice in the beauty of Allah, and make it your duty to see it. Islam is not a religion of doom and gloom.

Salam Alaykum Br./sister. 

Sadness is a part of life. Rather don't take it that way, but take it as a test from the Almighty, the Glorified. 

I remember my teacher saying that every single thing that happens in a believer's life is a blessing whether you think it is good or bad. 

The more you worship Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and the more you get closer to him, he  test you more and more up to your ability to handle so that you may be successful in this World and the Hereafter. 

I will give you an example of something I went through in my own life, but before that I need you to realize something and keep this in your heart ❤️.

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the Most Merciful, meaning that I want you to always go to him for your problems and always remember him during your happiness, for he will remember you in your grave, and in times of sadness. This is a PROMISE by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), and who is more fulfilling in promises than Allah Subhanallah? No one.

Also, realize that he is the best planner and architect life wise. So if your going through something, he made it so, so you can grow and learn something you never did.

For example, I was recently going through sad moments in my life and I was looking for work and getting closer to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) through worship like yourself. Although, no matter what I did, I couldn't find a job, I went in to speak to managers, and basically everything. I made dua and dua and dua and dua. Nothing.

But I didn't give up, so after a couple months, there was an opening for a Pharmacy job right beside my house and I applied even though I felt I knew I was never going to get it. Subhanallah the next day I got the interview and job. 

After all I went through, Allah gave me a job right beside my house, a job that I love to do, with awesome people and environment. Now I thought, alhamdulillah for him not giving me the other jobs I applied for.

So this is the case for every case in your life. You just need to wait, for he is with the patience. Never lose hope because that is one of the great sins.

Allah tells the Prophet in Hadith Al-Qudsi that the best act of worship is believe in Allah's plan for you and have trust in him (tawakkul).

I can go on and on, but the rest is for you to experience.

If you need any help please don't be afraid to ask for my number or such. 

Walhamdulillah Rabbil Alameen!

On 9/2/2019 at 9:47 PM, FollowerofIslam said:

Salam Alaykum Br./sister. 

Sadness is a part of life. Rather don't take it that way, but take it as a test from the Almighty, the Glorified. 

I remember my teacher saying that every single thing that happens in a believer's life is a blessing whether you think it is good or bad. 

The more you worship Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and the more you get closer to him, he  test you more and more up to your ability to handle so that you may be successful in this World and the Hereafter. 

I will give you an example of something I went through in my own life, but before that I need you to realize something and keep this in your heart ❤️.

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the Most Merciful, meaning that I want you to always go to him for your problems and always remember him during your happiness, for he will remember you in your grave, and in times of sadness. This is a PROMISE by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), and who is more fulfilling in promises than Allah Subhanallah? No one.

Also, realize that he is the best planner and architect life wise. So if your going through something, he made it so, so you can grow and learn something you never did.

For example, I was recently going through sad moments in my life and I was looking for work and getting closer to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) through worship like yourself. Although, no matter what I did, I couldn't find a job, I went in to speak to managers, and basically everything. I made dua and dua and dua and dua. Nothing.

But I didn't give up, so after a couple months, there was an opening for a Pharmacy job right beside my house and I applied even though I felt I knew I was never going to get it. Subhanallah the next day I got the interview and job. 

After all I went through, Allah gave me a job right beside my house, a job that I love to do, with awesome people and environment. Now I thought, alhamdulillah for him not giving me the other jobs I applied for.

So this is the case for every case in your life. You just need to wait, for he is with the patience. Never lose hope because that is one of the great sins.

Allah tells the Prophet in Hadith Al-Qudsi that the best act of worship is believe in Allah's plan for you and have trust in him (tawakkul).

I can go on and on, but the rest is for you to experience.

If you need any help please don't be afraid to ask for my number or such. 

Walhamdulillah Rabbil Alameen!

Thank you so much!!! Your comment on my post gave me a lot of hope. Your blessing is InshaAllah in the hereafter

On 9/2/2019 at 1:47 PM, FollowerofIslam said:

So true and you said it so well!

On 8/27/2019 at 10:03 PM, Asra02 said:

Get married :D 

9 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Get married :D 

She is sad, not temperamental :D

The Holy Prophet (S) said: "Join your children in marriage (boys or girls) because, thereby, Allah renders their tempers good, adds to their sustenance, and increases their sense of honour."

Bihar-ul-Anwar, vol. 103, p. 222

1 minute ago, habib e najjaar said:

She is sad, not temperamental :D

The Holy Prophet (S) said: "Join your children in marriage (boys or girls) because, thereby, Allah renders their tempers good, adds to their sustenance, and increases their sense of honour."

Bihar-ul-Anwar, vol. 103, p. 222

She needs a life partner to share her sorrows and joys. :)

Its good to have a partner so you could talk to them about things, things which you cannot share with others. 

1 minute ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

She needs a life partner to share her sorrows and joys. :)

Its good to have a partner so you could talk to them about things, things which you cannot share with others. 

Fully agreed. A good partner. Not one who will make you more lonely than you have ever been, and cause you sadness you did not know could exist...

1 hour ago, habib e najjaar said:

Not one who will make you more lonely than you have ever been, and cause

causal effects... is broader & I don't know. 

On 8/28/2019 at 7:03 AM, Asra02 said:

Read Qur'an and Islamic books. 

On 8/27/2019 at 10:03 PM, Asra02 said:

Sounds like it could be depression, please see a doctor! If you really cannot see a doctor, it could be difficult to get better but try to remember that the word "motion" is in emotions, meaning, all emotions will come to pass, they don't stay. Also try to find a counselor at school you could talk to or read books on depression or watch youtubers who talk about mental health.