Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Inconsolable

What did you learn from the lowest moment (yet) in your life?

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, aaaz1618 said:

That beyond Allah, nothing or nobody is constant and that nobody is able to sculpt another person into the person they wish them to be, even if positive outcomes are at stake.

Nah mate, you're wrong, aside Allah  change is constant ;) haha just kidding

Very true subhanallah, accepting people as they are is really important, you can only share/show certain things to people and then it's entirely upto them. We shouldn't expect people to change at the same time we shouldn't feel that any individual is hopeless.

1 minute ago, Inconsolable said:

Watching too many Pakistani dramas lool, can you elaborate for those who don't speak Urdu :)

I NEVER watch dramas. One in a decade maybe. It's an Urdu expression I am not sure if it can be translated. It's a poetic expression for breaking down of ego.

1 minute ago, starlight said:

I NEVER watch dramas. One in a decade maybe. It's an Urdu expression I am not sure if it can be translated. It's a poetic expression for breaking down of ego.

Very good!, I think it was a famous Pakistani TV series, even when you Google the quote that's the first result. I guess literal translation would be "My existence is an insignificant particle" meaning to say that we are a small insignificant entity in a huge world, at the same time ofcourse Imam Ali(عليه السلام) said the entire universe is within you ;)

5 hours ago, Mortadakerim said:

- swallow anger

- ignore fools (I didn’t do this)

Anger is a fire which is burning away. The one who is able to swallow it is the one who has extinguished it, while the person who permits his anger to be free is the first person who shall be burnt by it - Imam Ali(عليه السلام)

Ghurur Al-Hikm pg. 292

Surely as narrated in another hadith anger starts with madness and ends with regret

3 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

That if you allow yourself to rise above the grief and not wallow in self pity (which is very comfortable in low times), there is so much beauty and grace surrounding you at those moments. 

So true, I think there is always something to be thankful for regardless of how bad the situation is, focusing on that and accepting things while being content not only makes you feel better but surely is liked by Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) as well. Though I think self pity is not comforting at all and rather just makes you more depressed and makes things seem more difficult.

Guest Monad

it would be better if you had the bottle to ask such questions to homeless folk. In fact try having a conversation with one will be surprised. I pass a homeless man while in transport and once I watched a young lady playing chess with him. Problem is many read or listen to lectures, become emotional then decide to preach for poor reasons. You maybe be reminding people of it, but in general it has no substance.

16 minutes ago, Inconsolable said:

Though I think self pity is not comforting at all and rather just makes you more depressed and makes things seem more difficult.

Agreed.. I did not call it comforting, rather, it is easy to engage in at a low time. "Staying within a comfort zone" of sorts to feel sad for yourself about the grief that you are facing as opposed to looking at the way forward.

2 hours ago, Guest Monad said:

it would be better if you had the bottle to ask such questions to homeless folk. In fact try having a conversation with one will be surprised. I pass a homeless man while in transport and once I watched a young lady playing chess with him. Problem is many read or listen to lectures, become emotional then decide to preach for poor reasons. You maybe be reminding people of it, but in general it has no substance.

I think there are all sorts of people on the forum from all backgrounds with all sorts of problems, if it does end up helping someone I'll be glad but the purpose of this was to learn from people's experiences and my own curiosity, though I sense immense negativity from whatever poor reasons you thought people here or myself shared this here(or do so generally) and that it lacks substance, may Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) help and guide all of us.

Guest Zahra212

Rely on Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and on him completely. No one else is able to help you but Him. When I was In my lowest moment I desperately looked at others for relief, but I realised they were just as imperfect as me, seeking like me. No psychologist, no person, nothing will provide you with the solution that a sincere prayer and Dua can. 

When the world with it its trials and tribulations have bent you 

Do not straighten yourself

Remember you are bent not broken 

So bend over and from The Reliever 

The Reliever is one of the Names of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) for He is the one who can relieve us from the hardships and difficulties of our lives

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I learned three things in my more recent low points in life.

1. Anyone can lie, pretend and tell me a story, especially online. I mean I already knew that but this experience really brought home  the essence.

2. When lied to, I am effectively a slave to it. Anything I do afterwards is not based on my choice or free will but on  the lie.

3. I owe nothing to anyone online, be careful of who I speak to and trust absolutely nobody.

Sorry to hear this, sounds like you recently had a bad experience :(  Good & bad people are everywhere, online and in real life, I have made amazing friends who I met online lateron in real life and while other people who I met in real life and they weren't so nice to put it in a subtle way. Being cautious in any environment is always good and often necessary but I feel thinking of an entire medium or environment as negative based on a certain experience may end up limiting us as it may prevent us from meeting or holding prejudice against someone who may actually be nice. Just my two cents :) .

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I owe nothing to anyone online, be careful of who I speak to and trust absolutely nobody

That's true!

However, I personally do feel like I can trust a few users online (even on this site) who are very honest and genuine. 

I guess around 5-6 users on this site.

24 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

owever, I personally do feel like I can trust a few users online (even on this site) who are very honest and genuine. 

I guess around 5-6 users on this site.

Same. I think for me it’s more like 3 or 4 people. 

4 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Same. I think for me it’s more like 3 or 4 people. 

I hope I'm one of those lol. 

Anyway, yeah it's like the vibes you get I guess. With some users you sense something fishy, if that makes sense. Also, it has nothing to do with how open or reserved people are. Some users who even refuse to share things, come across as very dishonest and users who aren't genuine.

I've created a rule/theory - "if you have pure intentions, then you'll click with another user who also has pure intentions, and you'll develop trust". It's when two pure souls interact who can relate to each other.

Anyway, this is my opinion.

7 minutes ago, ireallywannaknow said:

The thing about online is that people are able to be especially selective about what parts of themselves they show to you. So be very careful about trusting people online. I feel like a separate thread should be made so that those of us who have been burned by trusting people online can tell our stories and warn others :threatenlumber:

Go ahead, create a thread, I have a lot to say on this topic.

2 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I've created a rule/theory - "if you have pure intentions, then you'll click with another user who also has pure intentions, and you'll develop trust". It's when two pure souls interact who can relate to each other.

^ Dangerous theory: عَالِمُ الْغَيْبِ فَلَا يُظْهِرُ عَلَىٰ غَيْبِهِ أَحَدًا - 72:26

"He (alone) knows the Unseen, nor does He make any one acquainted with His Mysteries"

I've experienced a war , a terrorist attack , my parents going trought bankrupcy years ago and a schizophrenic familiy memeber , but none of these things compare to the time I doubted the existance of Allah(stw) because I knew this life without Allah(stw) is an extreemly grim one , I legitimatly was depressed because of that , unfortunatley im kind of rexperincing a small bit of lack of faith this week which prevented me from enjoying life this week

On 8/25/2019 at 6:34 PM, Inconsolable said:

"My existence is an insignificant particle" meaning to say that we are a small insignificant entity in a huge world, at the same time ofcourse Imam Ali(عليه السلام) said the entire universe is within you ;)

alhamdulillah, that's the trick, being a nothing in a big universe that is within you(nothing). alhamdulillah.