Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Wife in UAE seeks divorce because husband loves her a lot & doesn't argue with her

Rate this topic

If one argument could save a marriage, this is it. But the fawning husband cooked, cleaned, swept and loved his wife passionately. Completely. She in turn felt choked by his affection and now wants to divorce him.

The woman sought divorce from her husband at the Shariah court in Fujairah because his love was too much for her to bear.

"He never yelled at me or turned me down," the woman, a Gulf national, told the court.

"I was choked by extreme love and affection. He even helped me clean the house." 

He sometimes cooked for her and there were no disputes in their year-long marriage, she said.

The wife complained that her life turned "hell" because the man was so kind to her.

"I long for one day of dispute, but this seems impossible with my romantic husband who always forgave me and showered me with gifts.

"I need a real discussion, even an argument, not this hassle-free life of obedience."

The husband said he did nothing wrong. "I wish to be a perfect and kind husband," he said.

She once complained about his weight, so he went on a strict diet and exercised to get back in shape, only to suffer a fracture in the leg for his efforts.

The husband asked the court to advise his wife to withdraw the case.

"It's not fair to judge a marriage from the first year, and everybody learns from their mistakes."

The court ordered the adjournment of the case to give the couple a chance at reconciliation.

https://m.khaleejtimes.com/uae/fujairah/wife-in-uae-seeks-divorce-because-husband-loves-her-a-lot-doesnt-argue-with-her--

Theres always someone who is an outlier lol. This woman's views on how her husband treats her is clearly an exception to what most women want in a marriage, especially those of us who have seen severe and constant physical, emotional, etc abuse in marriages in our families.  

Edited by Lilly14

2 minutes ago, Lilly14 said:

Theres always someone who is an outlier lol. This woman's views on how her husband treats her is clearly an exception to what most women want in a marriage, especially those of us who have seen domestic violence in marriages in our families.  

Indeed there are extremes on both ends, but I genuinely believe women thrive off a bit of dispute/bickering here and there because:

A) It adds a little excitement into inevitable boring, repetitive daily routines.

B) Women know they will always win (even when wrong:confused:).

C) They like the whole making-up part after an argument

:ranting:"FAKE NEWS"

@Propaganda_of_the_Deed , do you really expect any of us to believe this? :hahaha:

34 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

Poor wife. So the guy would never give her an opportunity to nag, complain and point out his faults then yell and cry and wallow in self pity? Must have been pure agony for her for a whole year.

Now here is how this OP story maybe plausible:  My one grandmother's tactic was "kill them with kindness". So if the story is true, then the man deserves an award for his nefarious strategy. She now wants to leave and he can get rid of her more cheaply, quickly and without argument.

1 hour ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Indeed there are extremes on both ends, but I genuinely believe women thrive off a bit of dispute/bickering here and there because:

A) It adds a little excitement into inevitable boring, repetitive daily routines.

B) Women know they will always win (even when wrong:confused:).

C) They like the whole making-up part after an argument

I think there is a big difference between bickering and having a difference in opinion in thought provoking topics. I hate bickering, but I can't do without those conversations. So if the husband is considerate then there's no bickering, and if he likes having those conversations, even if there's a disagreement about some topics and not major things, cool! 

Edited by Lilly14

^^^^^ She is NBM    ----Never Been Married

"l think", "difference of opinion", "husband is considerate", "no bickering", "he likes . . .(talking to his wife after two or three years)", "disagreement about some topics and not major things" . . .

"I am getting :fever: from :hahaha:"

Typical conversational exchange:

"What the hell is this?"  "Something l bought." "What for?" "It looks cute." 

-OR-

"What are these socks doing on MY floor?"

-OR-

"Why do you throw the towels and T-shirts in one corner and your other clothes in the other corner?"

"You are supposed to separate the colors and the whites, aren't you?"  :woot:"True story"

8 hours ago, hasanhh said:

^^^^^ She is NBM    ----Never Been Married

"l think", "difference of opinion", "husband is considerate", "no bickering", "he likes . . .(talking to his wife after two or three years)", "disagreement about some topics and not major things" . . .

"I am getting :fever: from :hahaha:"

Typical conversational exchange:

"What the hell is this?"  "Something l bought." "What for?" "It looks cute." 

-OR-

"What are these socks doing on MY floor?"

-OR-

"Why do you throw the towels and T-shirts in one corner and your other clothes in the other corner?"

"You are supposed to separate the colors and the whites, aren't you?"  :woot:"True story"

I think you made a joke for yourself, because I was talking about the very considerate UAE husband in this story... LOL I know the vast, vast, vast majority of guys aren't as perfect as he is.

Some married people in my college classes like making fun of single people too... until they're life gets too busy and they don't get time to make thorough study guides, and they are suddenly humble so they can use our notes. 

Lol this woman probably wants a man to demand that she make him tea when he gets home. 

Such misery living with a sweetheart. 

source.gif

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

@Islandsandmirrors The picture. Why did you chose plastic faced girls?

Lol because of the facial expressions (specifically the one on the left.)

4 hours ago, Sumerian said:

thats weird lol. You must have deep issues if you choose being miserable over having a decent life. I don't know how some people think man.

No one likes a Yes man.

Someone constantly agreeing and apologising would get on my nerves after a while.

How can this guy be a leader if he just goes along with whatever she says? 

4 hours ago, Sumerian said:

thats weird lol. You must have deep issues if you choose being miserable over having a decent life. I don't know how some people think man.

Props to the guy tho

Aren't you the one who started the "Relying and Following Parents in Marr-n-Age(ing)" thread?

:rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Someone constantly agreeing and apologising would get on my nerves after a while.

Easy. Count the child support . . . errrrr kids.

49 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

No one likes a Yes man.

lol maybe there's nothing to argue about brò? In the Gulf, usually, the husband is some rich guy that lives an easy life. And his wife just stays at home.

45 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Aren't you the one who started the "Relying and Following Parents in Marr-n-Age(ing)" thread?

:rolleyes:

Yea brò thats a good thing

On 8/25/2019 at 4:46 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

No one likes a Yes man.

I thought of this too, but it's not what the article says. There is a difference between having no opinions or self motivation, and not arguing. That's why I mentioned the possibility that the article was written to make the woman look ridiculous.

Edited by notme