Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

[Urgent] Controversy and Fitna against Ayatollah Syed Aqeel Ul Gharavi.

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member
19 hours ago, starlight said:

Allama Shehanshah Hussain naqvi is another good one. Asad Johri, Talib Johri's son is also good though nowhere near his father. That's about it. The number of good Urdu speakers is surprisingly scarce ( I seriously think some of our shichatters would do a better job) which I why I would advise Sirius to not let go of Molana Aqeel Gharavi. 

To add to that, there's also Ali Raza Rizvi, who's pretty famous these days. Jan Ali Shah Kazmi is a rare gem, though after his exile from Pakistan he's become less well known. 

But my favourite, by far, is Ali Murtaza Zaidi. He is the best Urdu speaker I've come across when it comes to building one's spirituality. His lectures are actually that: lectures. He literally starts every ashra by saying he's not interested in khitabat (making speeches). So, his style of speaking is quite different to what most Indians/Pakistanis are used to but if you can get over that, his lectures have a really high degree of quality to them.

Aqeel ul Gharavi is aca lly also very good. I've only heard a few of his lectures but if you want a more philosophical lecture, he's very good in that regard. 

• Moderators

@Khadim uz Zahra I was talking about the ones residing in Pakistan or India.. Ali Raza Rizvi lives in United Kingdom.

Ali Murtaza Zaidi sounds interesting. I didnt know of him. Will try listening to one of his majalis tonight. 

• Forum Administrators
2 hours ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

But my favourite, by far, is Ali Murtaza Zaidi. He is the best Urdu speaker I've come across when it comes to building one's spirituality.

Agreed, he is very good.

• Veteran Member

@Khadim uz Zahra

@starlight

It's my understanding the great Maulana Ali Murtaza Zaidi was arrested by Pak authorities on Aug 22nd. I think because he was actively working on the missing Shias. May Allah hasten his release on the name of Imam Sajjad (عليه السلام).

• Moderators
1 minute ago, ShiaMan14 said:

@Khadim uz Zahra

@starlight

It's my understanding the great Maulana Ali Murtaza Zaidi was arrested by Pak authorities on Aug 22nd. I think because he was actively working on the missing Shias. May Allah hasten his release on the name of Imam Sajjad (عليه السلام).

Yes, he was. I am not aware of the details but it's very sad to hear that he spent the ashra of Muharram under arrest. 

• Veteran Member
13 hours ago, starlight said:

Yes, he was. I am not aware of the details but it's very sad to hear that he spent the ashra of Muharram under arrest. 

Just received word that his bail has been approved alhumdulillah.

• Veteran Member
16 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

@Khadim uz Zahra

@starlight

As far as I know, it was because of missed hearings related to a corruption case. Look up "Al Mohsin Hall case" and read the pdf that comes up. 

Sad things happen under the surface..

• Forum Administrators
1 hour ago, Brained said:

As far as I know, it was because of missed hearings related to a corruption case. Look up "Al Mohsin Hall case" and read the pdf that comes up. 

Here you go:

MTM5MDU2Y2Ztcy1kYzgz

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Brained said:

, it was because of missed hearings related to a corruption case. Look up "Al Mohsin Hall case" and read the pdf that comes up. 

Sad things happen under the surface..

This has came to my knowledge too. He was not alone in that case, I have heard the names of three scholars. I was shocked to listen that and thought how can these people occupy land waqf for Imam Bargah & Orphanage!! 

Edited by Cool
  • Moderators
On 9/12/2019 at 3:39 PM, starlight said:

@Khadim uz Zahra I was talking about the ones residing in Pakistan or India.. Ali Raza Rizvi lives in United Kingdom.

Ali Murtaza Zaidi sounds interesting. I didnt know of him. Will try listening to one of his majalis tonight. 

I haven't listened to all of these speakers but I think this might be what you are looking for:

Link

Wallahu a'lam

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

1) 

On 8/24/2019 at 2:45 PM, Ibn al-Hussain said:

Even I have some reservations with Sayyid Aqeel ul-Gharavi on some things he may say or do, particularly when he is speaking as a muballigh, but that in no way means I belittle his scholarly status or that he is not deserving of the best possible reception that a community can give him. He is without a doubt a scholar in the truest sense, and much stronger (academically) than the vast majority of subcontinent scholars. Him and a few others like him are from the last set of sub-continent scholars who are active and accessible, who had gone through the rigorous and traditional method of learning in the seminary of Najaf.

@Ibn al-Hussain Oh wow I see! I noticed people address Sayyid Aqeel ul-Gharavi as "Ayatollah", is it true he's really an ayatollah/mujtahid (I'm assuming here that the title ayatollah is used to refer to only a mutahid, correct me if I'm wrong), or is he simply just a very learned scholar but not a mujtahid? Also, please tell me the names of the few other Urdu speaking scholars which you believe hold a strong academic and true scholarly position and can be seen as scholars in the truest sense.

Also, what are your views on the lectures of Sayyid Ali Reza Rizvi, Molana Sadiq Hassan, Molana Fazil Hussain Moosavi (he seems to always carry and quote from books in his lectures)?

2)

On 8/24/2019 at 2:45 PM, Ibn al-Hussain said:

Him and a few others like him are from the last set of sub-continent scholars who are active and accessible, who had gone through the rigorous and traditional method of learning in the seminary of Najaf.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the "rigorous and traditional method of learning in the seminary of Najaf"? Was this method of learning a lot more different and stronger than the method of learning of the Islamic Sciences offered in Qom nowadays? If so, how was it different? And is this method of learning no longer present in Najaf today? Comparing the two main hawzas today, which one would you say would produce a stronger scholar or be more effective in producing a "scholar in the truest sense"?.

-----------

3)

Lastly, from my observations of scholars and those who discuss the Islamic Sciences, after studying the studies which any normal turban wearing a'lim ideally would study, I noticed there're like these two main sides out there. One side is a group of scholars who pursue deep knowledge into the Irfan/philosophy/mysticism/spirituality side of the Islamic sciences, and the other side advances more towards the fiqh,Qur'an,tafsir,hadith,history sort of studies side. I guess the latter group strives towards advanced study into the "textual studies" side in the Islamic sciences while the former group pursues deep knowledge into the "intellectual scienes" side of the Islamic sciences. I would like to add that obviously the substance studied by latter group has a major role of the inellect and so it I personally think it would be silly for it not to be able to be referred to as intellectual sciences too, but anyway I was just going by what I've noticed these two areas of the Islamic Sciences are normally referred to as...Another side comment I would like to add is that the former side seems to be more pro-Iran and also inclined towards studying non-shi'I philosphy as well and stuff...So, I would like to know your comments on all of this...This may be something very ignorant for me to say but do you believe there is real value, substance, and benefit in what the former/irfani group pusues (for lack of a better word) after? What confuses me is that ultimately the believers are striving for nearness to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and increased ma'rifat of Him and his deen so doesn't what the "textual sciences" side study give them what they need and the spirituality that the "irfani side" chases (for lack of a better word), because I think that is the case. We always hear of the great spiritual experiences of the fuqaha and etc...so if these spiritual expiences are already being achieved by what "group 2/the textual sciences side" is doing, what is the irfani group chasing/going after then...? The question does come to mind that is there really any real gain or point in what "team irfan" strives for... What's needs to be done by the human to get closer to God, isn't this stuff already being done by the "textual sciences side"...Also, if I'm not wrong the whole instiution of Najaf Shi'I scholarship was also more manifest of the description of "team 2" that I gave...Why is that?...I personally do usually get a more traditional/orthodox Islam vibe from the Najafi scholars...So yeah, any comments pertaining to all this I just talked about, corrections for what I just wrote, and anything else relevant to this discussion would be greatly appreciated. I wait to be enlightened.

I apologize if the above paragraph was written in a bit of a confusing and unclear way, but I hope you can follow^

Edited by AStruggler
  • Advanced Member
On 8/24/2019 at 2:16 PM, Sirius_Bright said:

Minbar of Mughal Masjid had Maulana Mohammed Athar Sahab for 58 years. After his demise, his brother Maulana Mohammed Ashfaq Sahab recited the similar Wilayati/Fazael Majlis. 

Aqeel ul Gharavi is a controversial figure already and he better not sit on minbar that used to unite Shias. In the above video, you can see how he's considering 'Krishna', a Hindu God, as a Prophet. Krishna was known to steal Makhan and used to have many girlfriends. 

I do not believe being an internationally renowned or having bucket load of knowledge is stamp on authenticity. History has many examples that confirms this fact. 

Muhammed Athar sabs son Yasoon who wanted to recite the Majlis in place of him created a lot of controversy

And that guy actually paid respect to a portrait of A Hindu God. 

It's sad you find Aqeelul Garavhi controversial but are Ok with someone like Yasoob Abbas replacing him not to mention the support he has given to BJP and Rajnath Singh.

IMG_20191010_003028.jpg

Edited by Hassu93
  • Advanced Member
On 8/25/2019 at 6:22 AM, Sirius_Bright said:

Alaikas Salaam brother, 

Maulana Yasoob Abbas. 

Maulana Bilal Kazmi. 

Maulana Sayed Ali Raza Rizvi. 

I actually wanted to quote this but sorry

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, AStruggler said:

Was this method of learning a lot more different and stronger than the method of learning of the Islamic Sciences offered in Qom nowadays? If so, how was it different? And is this method of learning no longer present in Najaf today? Comparing the two main hawzas today, which one would you say would produce a stronger scholar or be more effective in producing a "scholar in the truest sense"?.

Salam Hawza of Najaf generaly founded by Akhbari scholars that after domination of Usuli scholare until now kept some akhbari roots like as standing against Irfan & philosophy even when  Imam Khoemini (رضي الله عنه) entered to Najaf in his exile before Islamic revolution he criticized by many traditionalist in Hawza of Najaf for his studying Irfan & philosophy in hawza of Najaf  but Hawza of Qom from scratch founded by Usuli scholars that they have lesser problem with learning of  Irfan & philosophy .

• Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Hassu93 said:

Muhammed Athar sabs son Yasoon who wanted to recite the Majlis in place of him created a lot of controversy

And that guy actually paid respect to a portrait of A Hindu God. 

It's sad you find Aqeelul Garavhi controversial but are Ok with someone like Yasoob Abbas replacing him not to mention the support he has given to BJP and Rajnath Singh.

I have not seen Maulana Yasoob Abbas sitting on minbar and talking controversy. He already recites in the same venue in Ashra e Muharram at different timing. 

What do you know about Indian politics? Whom should he support? Congress? Be it BJP or Congress or Samajwadi Party, all are corrupt and evil. Shias stand higher chance of power and progress with BJP than any other party, ask Shias of Lucknow, UP. 

He did issue a statement clarifying about that photo. I think he should have better avoided that act. 

• Advanced Member
14 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

I have not seen Maulana Yasoob Abbas sitting on minbar and talking controversy. He already recites in the same venue in Ashra e Muharram at different timing. 

What do you know about Indian politics? Whom should he support? Congress? Be it BJP or Congress or Samajwadi Party, all are corrupt and evil. Shias stand higher chance of power and progress with BJP than any other party, ask Shias of Lucknow, UP. 

He did issue a statement clarifying about that photo. I think he should have better avoided that act. 

I have asked Shias of UP and Lucknow personally they don't side with BJP heavily.  only people like Yasoob Abbas, Wasim Rizvi and Shia Wakf board, Khalbe Jawad who constantly changes his affiliation side with BJP.

Also Shias died and their houses were burned down back in 2002 its stupid that they jump at every opportunity to gain political benefits and show themselves as leaders.

Yasoob has also been caught not once but multiple times attending Hindu functions and has been a fairly controversial personality.

Also another person you mentioned in the list has been arrested in possible charges of domestic violence in the past. 

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Hassu93 said:

I have asked Shias of UP and Lucknow personally they don't side with BJP heavily.  only people like Yasoob Abbas, Wasim Rizvi and Shia Wakf board, Khalbe Jawad who constantly changes his affiliation side with BJP.

Also Shias died and their houses were burned down back in 2002 its stupid that they jump at every opportunity to gain political benefits and show themselves as leaders.

Yasoob has also been caught not once but multiple times attending Hindu functions and has been a fairly controversial personality.

Okay, tell me with whom should Shias ally with?