Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Some1WhoNeedsForgiveness

I need advice on repentance

Rate this topic

Guest Some1WhoNeedsForgiveness

salam everyone...

im a 23 year old male.. I've been struggling with my desires in my life. ive been praying for years and have never cut them off. So I have always kept a bridge between myself and God.         my point is I'm just at the point where I need to settle down now & take it easy. I have done things I have totally regret and I put myself in a bad situation. but alhamdulillah, things could be worse.

I just want to know what I can do to completely return back to God; I want to devote myself to Him completely now. I need His forgiveness & guidance.

does anyone know of any good duas or practical measures I can take to completely seek his forgiveness; receive his guidance & help. I need this 

thank you

Make Ghusl and pray 2 rakats, and afterwards ask for forgiveness thinking about the sins you've committed. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is the All Merciful and inshallah your repentance will be accepted. 

Also keep in mind that true repentance implies that you will reform your life to the best of your ability. For example, if you have lied in the past, now you must try your best to be truthful. If you have backbitten others in the past, now you cannot do so anymore. And try to incorporate good actions to replace the bad ones. Stick to your prayers, attend the Friday gathering at the mosque, read Islamic books.

It is a journey, so try to take things one step at a time and do not overwhelm yourself so much so that you give up. Inshallah you will make small progress each day so that you will wake up one day and find yourself leading a God-centred life.

There's no special du'a, Allah doesn't need special du'as, He wants us to be sincere, so if you truly want to return to Him do it with complete sincerity. Speak from your own heart in your supplications and not from the heart of others.

You know you did wrong, but knowing isn't the end of the story, you must put that knowledge into use and this is wisdom. Make a conscious effort to repent and stay firm, it won't be easy, you will hit walls and stumble over at times but Allah loves the patient, so you must be patient with yourself.

Op, talk to Allah. He loves you more than your own parents love you. Go somewhere quiet and just tell Him exactly whats on your mind, and in your heart, no strings attached. He will embrace you. 

And forgiveness is easy for Him. He is truly merciful and you can always always turn to Him (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).

Forgiveness is not only forgiveness, but it opens up huge blessings and inshAllah you will see that. I pray you are blessed. Keep us in your prayers as well.