Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
user01

Is the Fight Against Israel Really Our War?

Rate this topic

Just a random thought, but why do Shia Muslims have to be at the forefront in the fight against Israel? Shiites are being oppressed in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Pakistan, Iraq, etc., yet somehow they feel compelled to take up the mantle against Israel. Yes, the Israeli regime is fascist and barbaric, but so are Ahel Saud and the rest of the Arab puppet dictatorships. Why do Shiites have to endure sanctions, isolation, and pariah status in fighting for a cause that's not our really ours? 

Israel is the cancerous gland, before you cure it, you will always have symptoms like saudi. Those puppet regimes are there to insure the security of Israel, like the ex Shah of Iran, and current saudi regime.

But why is it the Shiites' responsibilities to fight the Israeli regime? Why should the Shiites of South Lebanon, for example, have to keep fighting Israel once they're no longer occupying the land? Why don't Shiites focus first and foremost on fighting immediate threats, like Daesh and Nusra?

And just anecdotally speaking, while many Southern Lebanese sympathize with the plight of the Palestinians, most of them absolutely despise Hamas and the PLO (largely due to their invasion of southern Lebanon during the civil war). Deterring Israeli aggression is one thing; fighting Israel when they no longer pose an immediate threat is another.  

1 hour ago, user01 said:

But why is it the Shiites' responsibilities to fight the Israeli regime? Why should the Shiites of South Lebanon, for example, have to keep fighting Israel once they're no longer occupying the land? Why don't Shiites focus first and foremost on fighting immediate threats, like Daesh and Nusra?

And just anecdotally speaking, while many Southern Lebanese sympathize with the plight of the Palestinians, most of them absolutely despise Hamas and the PLO (largely due to their invasion of southern Lebanon during the civil war). Deterring Israeli aggression is one thing; fighting Israel when they no longer pose an immediate threat is another.  

Hezbollah is a deterrent force preventing Israel from attacking and occupying Lebanon, the mere presence of that force threatens Israel, (it's occupation of Palestine is secondary) and so they want to use any means possible to destroy it, either through direct invasions which failed or through pushing and lobbying for proxy wars that weaken it, so they can occupy more land that doesn't belong to them. This makes them a threat to the security of Shias too. Israel has wanted Hezbollah to disarm and this is while the border between Lebanon and Israel has stayed largely quiet, why? It's not because of the Palestinian issue or security, it's because Israel wants to eliminate any deterrent that will counter it's rogue presence. The deterrence regardless of how it views the Palestinian cause is what Israel doesn't like. It wants to dominate the region and turn all other countries into its subservient as it did with Jordan and Egypt when they signed a peace deal with them.

Edited by Mohamed1993

I brought this up several years ago, but I feel like it is relevant more than ever nowadays. Why do Shia Muslims have to be at the forefront in the fight against Israel? Shiites are being oppressed all over the Middle East and around the world, and yet somehow they feel compelled to take up the mantle against Israel. Yes, the Israeli regime is fascist and barbaric, but so are Ahel Saud and the rest of the Arab puppet dictatorships. Why do Shiites have to endure sanctions, isolation, and pariah status in fighting for a cause that's not our really ours? 

I believe we should fight our own wars. Or failing we can't do that, we should only get involved with the wars of our neighbours.

It seems very empire like to send troops several thousands of miles away to lands they have never heard, think Romans, think the British. I'm actually racking my brain to think of an example where a non-empire state has sent troops to either fight abroad or fight another man's war before the 18th or 19th century.

Anyway, while I understand the plight of the Palestinians, there are neighbouring countries that I assume stay quiet because they fear financial repercussions for picking on Israel. Iran or other more distant countries may not have that same fear.

This is all theory though as I don't fully understand the entire geo-political situation in the Levant and so on.

10 hours ago, user01 said:

I brought this up several years ago, but I feel like it is relevant more than ever nowadays. Why do Shia Muslims have to be at the forefront in the fight against Israel? Shiites are being oppressed all over the Middle East and around the world, and yet somehow they feel compelled to take up the mantle against Israel. Yes, the Israeli regime is fascist and barbaric, but so are Ahel Saud and the rest of the Arab puppet dictatorships. Why do Shiites have to endure sanctions, isolation, and pariah status in fighting for a cause that's not our really ours? 

Brother, if it was up to Israel and the Colonial Powers, there would be no Islam anywhere in the world. They would prefer no one to read the Qu'ran if they had the power to. 

How many Islamic leaders around the world did Israel assassinate? It was unclassified and acknowledged that they wished to assassinate Ayatollah Khomeini as well before 1979.

They are against Islamic values, culture and practice being dominant in any country in the world. Whether that is Iran, Lebanon, Turkey, doesn't matter to them. They don't care about Sunni Shia.

See how they are plotting? They are plotting for the end of Islam and they have the most power among the people of the world. The Saudis have no power on the world stage.

The biggest kid on the block wants you destroyed basically. That is why the resistance has to be targeted first and foremost to Israel and the Colonial Powers. And then to the Wahabbis. 

And who else are against these forces? The normal Sunnis, such as the Palestinian resistance movements. So we cannot afford to alienate Sunni allies at this point in history. Remember that God is with the patient.

9 hours ago, user01 said:

I brought this up several years ago, but I feel like it is relevant more than ever nowadays.

I think the first answer to your post back in 2017 got it completely right. Things hasn't changed much since then. Israel and Zionism is central to the imperialist arrogance. The United states, Israel and Saudi-Arabia is the axis of evil that is the root cause of oppression in this century. Being against the Zionist occupation of Palestine is simply the morally right thing to be regardless of whether the Palestinians are Sunni or Shia or Christian or Druze or Sumeritan or even atheist. The example of Imam Hussayn should inspire not only Shias, but everybody to stand up for justice.

Israel is not a country, its a cancer to this world. Whether you try to cure it or not, it will fight you regardless. It and the other disease of this planet are patrons of ISIS, wars, mass death, globalization, economic sabotage, modern slavery and most that is wrong with the world.

On 7/7/2017 at 3:13 AM, user01 said:

Just a random thought, but why do Shia Muslims have to be at the forefront in the fight against Israel? Shiites are being oppressed in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Pakistan, Iraq, etc., yet somehow they feel compelled to take up the mantle against Israel. Yes, the Israeli regime is fascist and barbaric, but so are Ahel Saud and the rest of the Arab puppet dictatorships. Why do Shiites have to endure sanctions, isolation, and pariah status in fighting for a cause that's not our really ours? 

Shia fight everywhere for their rights as for Israel, it is root of the problem, every sectarian divide proliferate from them, to Shia they say we are not your enemies but Sunnis and to Sunnis they say, we are not your enemies but Shias.