Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
FollowerofIslam

Dream of Seyed Sistani!!

Rate this topic

Salam Alaykum everyone!

I am writing here today to see your thoughts on my dream I recently had and maybe any thoughts as to what it could mean.

So basically, I am currently taking a math class at my University. (important in my dream)

So in the beginning of my dream, I walk into my math class like normal, a little bit late, and I see Seyyed Sistani as you see him today taking notes among my class mates and it was as if he was my class mate for a long time. Having that feeling as if he was a friend, I go and sit beside him as if I did it everyday and said Salam, and started taking notes like normal. I noticed that in my dream, he rarely talked and was really quiet and then some ones death in the room occurred and that was the end of it.

I have no clue what it mean, any help or advice would be appreciated, wassalam!

Guest Traveller

Woah, this is indeed a very very interesting dream! 

I also had a dream like a couple months ago. I saw the great late Sayyid al Khoei. He was in his very old ages, like how you see him in the some of the pictures. He was outside sitting in a shady area while the day was sunny, he was sitting on a rock. I was across from him sitting on a rock as well. There was no conversation. For some time now I’ve been obsessed and very fond of learning about the different Islamic sciences. I’ve also been very inspired and in love with some of our scholars and their lives. I was especially talking about and reading for stuff related to Sayyid Khoei around that time, I just have this great admiration for him. I’ve never really had any official plans to go to the hawza but deep down inside I feel that I truly am very very passionate about learning about Islam and have this great love for Islamic academia. However, I’ve always been on the track for a different career and never discussed this interest of the hawza with my family, nor have I myself ever seriously decided about pursuing Islamic studies, but in these last few years these thoughts the thoughts about joining the hawza are coming in my mind more and more, and kind of leaving me confused...Ahaha having the grand jurist Sayyid Khoei being in my dream and sitting with me, maybe it’s a sign that I should join the hawza...Maybe Sayyid Khoei is playing the role of an ambassador and inviting me own up to my true passion and pursue Islamic studies...Maybe the hawza is just my true calling...These are the meanings I took from my dream but allahu alam...

7 hours ago, realizm said:

:salam:

You need to change Taqlid to Sistani if not done already.

Just kidding, have no idea, I guess it depends on what your relationship to him is.

Lol, very funny... I already follow him. And I have never met him, but I know about his biography and personality, this is why I trust him to be my marja.

9 hours ago, FollowerofIslam said:

then some ones death in the room occurred and that was the end of it.

Salam seeing death of others in dream has good meaning that means you will receive good news or wealth or good position through Grand Ayatulah Sistani & maybe you find out him as normal peson & your barriers to him will remove & you will saw him in normal position as a friend not as cold face person that you see in pictures & movies .

I had a dream where I met Imam Khamenei some time ago. I was walking down the street and saw him sitting outside a house, and I went up to meet him. I shook his hand but hurt him because his arm was injured (and is coincedentally injured in real life). I shook his other hand weirdly, then we went inside and he lead prayer, Maghrib I think because sun was down. Then I woke up.

Weird dreams

7 hours ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

Since everyone is sharing their “experiences,” I’ll share mine.

I saw al-Sāyyid al-Sistāni very long ago, and he told me: “You will take my knowledge.”

Salam if you don't follow his enemies , you are good in providing sources & you are good in Arabic & English but your conclusion polluted with wrong ideas.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Most dreams are merely random collections of thoughts you were having during the day. Dreams are a way for the brain to consolidate different ideas and repair itself. That is why most dreams should be ignored. If Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is sending you a message in a dream (which does sometimes happen) about your life, the meaning will be so clear that you will not need to ask anyone about it. If you remember a dream days, weeks, or months after you had it, then most likely that dream was a message from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to you, specifically you. If you forget the dream a few hours or a few days after you had it, then most likely it was just a random collection of thoughts. 

1 minute ago, Abu Hadi said:

Most dreams are merely random collections of thoughts you were having during the day. Dreams are a way for the brain to consolidate different ideas and repair itself. That is why most dreams should be ignored. If Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is sending you a message in a dream (which does sometimes happen) about your life, the meaning will be so clear that you will not need to ask anyone about it. 

And what about the dream Nabi Yusuf interpreted but others couldn't?

11 minutes ago, 7ssein said:

And what about the dream Nabi Yusuf interpreted but others couldn't?

The dreams either had or interpreted by Prophets and Imams((عليه السلام)) are different. They are what is called is hadith 'true dreams' in other words these dreams are part of reality and not merely dreams. Sometimes, in very rare cases via a miracle, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) sends these types of dreams through people, other than a Prohphet or Imam((عليه السلام).) but then these are interpreted by the Prophet of Imam((عليه السلام)) as a demonstration of their 'basirat' (foresightedness) so that they people know that this person is a Prophet or Imam. 

I understand that there is hadith about dreams and a science of dream interpretation that is backed up by some hadith. In my own experience, and I can only say this from my own experience, I haven't found these claims by people (normal people like us) that they can interpret other peoples dreams to be credible or consistent.