Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
AkhiraisReal

Stop giving woman Confirmation

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

 

17 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Should we hide our fingers too by wearing gloves? Because the slightest thing could give men a dopamine release. Maybe we should cover our faces too

Yes, you should mariam or else we have to wear black glasses with sticker of BMW and we should walk like blind men. 

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Flying_Eagle said:

 

Yes, you should mariam or else we have to wear black glasses with sticker of BMW and we should walk like blind men. 

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

To eliminate all risk of seeing, smelling and knowing a presence of any woman we must take drastic measures...

24413203-man-with-cardboard-box-on-his-head-sitting-on-floor-near-wall.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Should we hide our fingers too by wearing gloves? Because the slightest thing could give men a dopamine release. Maybe we should cover our faces too

Why don’t you ask Allah these questions? For he ordered women to cover toes in front of na mehram men.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, arch1027116 said:

Why don’t you ask Allah these questions? For he ordered women to cover toes in front of na mehram men.

I was giving an example as to how men easily get their dopamine release just by staring at something as little as a woman’s toe. I probs should’ve just said pinky finger instead 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lowering our gaze is a deep concept and it's not only about looking down while walking. Therefore, what do you mean by saying 'If all men lowered their gaze?' How do women even know if men have lustful thoughts in the first place? Therefore it's not that black and white.

Women will continue to display their beauty and dress a certain way due to many reasons. Some may be influenced by their lower nafs to seek attention, others may dress due to peer pressure, and finally due to weather issues as well. It's got nothing to do with them judging whether our dopamine gets released or not.

Therefore lets all treat this as bread and butter. Men should lower their gaze (only Allah knows if a man is able to do that, it's not for anyone else to judge), and women should dress modestly. This creates a sense of denecy in society. It's that simple!

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

there is responsibility over both the genders, a woman has to veil and a male has to respect her veil. If a woman is without veil, it is actually one of the cause of people's attention which is contributing factor towards sin, the other cause being the irresponsibility of men. 

Sure, women have the responsibility to dress modestly because we are our brothers' keepers; we all have a responsibility to make things easier for others in society. (Give to the poor, shelter the traveler, and don't give men something to lust over.)

But the problem is men staring.

Women do not get a thrill from being stared at. We find it disturbing and disgusting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, notme said:

Women do not get a thrill from being stared at. We find it disturbing and disgusting.

 

Just on this point, what about the whole instagram culture and hollywood, where women and girls - with some help from feminists - expose themselves for the world to see, with the goal of seeking attention, validation and "likes".

Where do we put this? Because I find it confusing, some women are extremely shy, other women want to "show off"?

Is it religion and customs that pushes modesty, or is it a natural thing? Because it doesn't seem to be natural for some people, while it seems to be natural for others.

Just wanted to raise this point, I personally don't know what the answer is.

Edited by Sumerian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Just on this point, what about the whole instagram culture and hollywood, where women and girls - with some help from feminists - expose themselves for the world to see, with the goal of seeking attention, validation and "likes".

Where do we put this? Because I find it confusing, some women are extremely shy, other women want to "show off"?

Is it religion and customs that pushes modesty, or is it a natural thing? Because it doesn't seem to be natural for some people, while it seems to be natural for others.

Just wanted to raise this point, I personally don't know what the answer is.

Very good point, and I might be over generalizing. Maybe some women want to be gawked at by men. I have never met any of those women, but my world is small and the world is big.

I still maintain that women value the approval of other women far more than the approval of men. Women tend to be more social and have more urge to fit in.

Edited by notme
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, notme said:

Very good point, and I might be over generalizing. Maybe some women want to be gawked at by men. I have never met any of those women, but my world is small and the world is big.

I still maintain that women value the approval of other women far more than the approval of men. Women tend to be more social and have more urge to fit in.

Yea it seems to be complex, and it may depend on what place in the world you live, and the culture you are surrounded by, and the generation you are part of. As someone who has and is growing up in the social media era, I do notice the whole showing off trend in its most extreme form. I can relate to this. 

I still don't know why, lol. Seems weird.

Edited by Sumerian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, notme said:

Sure, women have the responsibility to dress modestly because we are our brothers' keepers; we all have a responsibility to make things easier for others in society. (Give to the poor, shelter the traveler, and don't give men something to lust over.)

But the problem is men staring.

Women do not get a thrill from being stared at. We find it disturbing and disgusting.

 

Yeah but if women do proper hijab men will be afraid of them which most of women do not understand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Lowering our gaze is a deep concept and it's not only about looking down while walking. Therefore, what do you mean by saying 'If all men lowered their gaze?' How do women even know if men have lustful thoughts in the first place? Therefore it's not that black and white.

lowering our gaze doesn't mean to look down while walking, because then you would most likely walk into an accident while walking without looking where you go.

you telling me women don't know how their dressing and behaviour affects the thoughts of men? Is that why they put hours on makeup.....

8 hours ago, notme said:

Sure, women have the responsibility to dress modestly because we are our brothers' keepers; we all have a responsibility to make things easier for others in society. (Give to the poor, shelter the traveler, and don't give men something to lust over.)

But the problem is men staring.

Women do not get a thrill from being stared at. We find it disturbing and disgusting.

 

if women do not get a thrill from it, then why are they uploading semi nude pictures in instagram and facebook and other social medias, showing their curves and everything.

7 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Just on this point, what about the whole instagram culture and hollywood, where women and girls - with some help from feminists - expose themselves for the world to see, with the goal of seeking attention, validation and "likes".

Where do we put this? Because I find it confusing, some women are extremely shy, other women want to "show off"?

exactly.

Edited by AkhiraisReal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AkhiraisReal said:

if women do not get a thrill from it, then why are they uploading semi nude pictures in instagram and facebook and other social medias, showing their curves and everything.

As I said twice before, to fit in with and be accepted by other women, maybe.

But I also acknowledged that there might be some women (not a majority) who seek male attention.

Edited by notme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, notme said:

As I said twice before, to for in with and be accepted by other women, maybe.

But I also acknowledged that there might be some women (not a majority) who seek male attention.

Some possibly to rebel, some possibly for narcissism and ego. And perhaps even for competition.

Like I said, it is probably very complex and people have different reasons. 

In any case, Islam simply tells us fulfill your obligations, so for the sisters dress and act modestly, and for the brothers lower your gaze. That's all.

Edited by Sumerian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 7:24 PM, aaaz1618 said:

Men give women the confirmation, not the other way around, so why are you telling sisters to cover their feet, why aren't you telling us men to sort out our lust? Seems to me that when it boils down to it, your argument is that women are still the problem not the men. Us men give the confirmation, but it's the woman's fault for accepting that confirmation? 

I'm not trying to be funny, but which women do you think perverted men in Muslim countries lust after, women in hijabs and abayas or women with no hijab and strap tops?

You're preaching to Muslim women who let's be honest do a commendable job of getting through life without being attacked, they observe hijab in a time when it's easier not to. They do their best. 

You won't go and tell non-Muslim women and non-Muslim men what you just told us though, will you? They are after all the ones who influence Muslim men and Muslim women. It's easier to lecture the easy targets.

Muslim women are easy targets to all sorts of garbage being thrown at them and I think they deserve some credit where it's due and they deserve a break as well.

Salute to you sir 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...