Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Mass Rallies Celebrating Eid Al Ghadir in Sanaa

Rate this topic

Do you think Yemen or at least their Shia are becoming more Twelver-ish in recent years? Especially with increased contact with Iran.

Not sure if the Zaidis ever pulled something like this off before on a large scale. 

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

22 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Do you think Yemen or at least their Shia are becoming more Twelver-ish in recent years? Especially with increased contact with Iran

Salam recently Yemenis ( Houthies )ambassador came to Iran & delivered letter of Andulmalik Houthi to Imam Khamenei that was a kind of giving allegiance to Imam of time by zaidi doctrine that this looks like affected teelver Shia Islamon Houthies .

5 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Do you think Yemen or at least their Shia are becoming more Twelver-ish in recent years? Especially with increased contact with Iran.

Kind of, but Abd al-Mālik al-Ḥoūthi is clearly a Zaidi.

In our aḥādith, the Zaidiyyah and Waqifa are considered worse than nāṣibis.

5 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Not sure if the Zaidis ever pulled something like this off before on a large scale.

They haven’t. Their māḏhab was considered ridiculous by other doctrines at their prime.

For example, two of their “Imams” would sometimes revolt at the same time, and fight each other.

They would consider the first one legitimate, then if he was to be killed by the second, they would follow the second one!

Edited by Simon the Canaanite

Yemen's new ambassador to Iran appointed

https://en.abna24.com/news//yemens-new-ambassador-to-Iran-appointed_969749.html

August 18, 2019 - 5:21 PM News Code : 969749 Source : IRNALink: 

Yemen's new ambassador to Iran appointed

image.jpeg

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1542686/middle-east

نتیجه تصویری برای ‪yemens-new-ambassador-to-Iran‬‏

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2019/Aug-18/489838-yemen-houthi-rebels-appoint-ambassador-in-Tehran.ashx?utm_source=Magnet%26utm_medium=Related Articles widget%26utm_campaign=Magnet tools

Yemen’s National Salvation Government, led by Ansarullah Movement, appointed on Saturday the country’s plenipotentiary ambassador to Iran. 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Yemen’s National Salvation Government, led by Ansarullah Movement, appointed on Saturday the country’s plenipotentiary ambassador to Iran. 

Ibrahim Mohammed Mohammed al-Deilami was chosen to lead the Yemeni diplomatic mission in Iran. 

Ansarullah Movement Leader Abdulmalek al-Houthi praised Iran’s clear and frank support for Yemen, stressing that his country is keen on re-establishing diplomatic ties with Iran. 

“It will benefit the Yemeni nation to implement its previous accords with Iran. There were 70 agreements before the revolution,” he added. 

The Houthi leader reiterated that Sana’a will improve ties with Iran as they are based on common grounds, especially the Palestinian issue, at the top. 

64b8299d1597b8a5c7b9cb9c88642f6c_218.jpg

The Islamic Ummah will not lift its head until it raises the hand that the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) raised on the day of Ghadir

156005c5baf40ff51a327f1c34f2975b_355.jpg

f3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800_708.jpg

in this era we need understand matter of Wialayat more than any time

f3ccdd27d2000e3f9255a7e3e2c48800_462.jpg

e89666feb714ab9c3946f28f00c5d8c4_473.jpg

https://fa.abna24.com/news/اخبار-آسیای-غربی-و-خاورمیانه/جشن-بزرگ-عید-ولایت-در-صنعاء-پایتخت-یمن-تصاویر_756701.html

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

On 8/20/2019 at 1:02 PM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

That was exactly the question I was asking me. I could just say that I know some students in Qom who know some Yemeni students. I am maybe wrong now but I think however most Yemeni are still zaidis not Shias. It looks just they adopt some Shia traditions without changing faith. Like I said however I am not expert of this country. 

:salam:

Public demonstrations are the best way to oppose something and to (re)affirm an identity.

Even in Shia countries like Iraq or Lebanon, ashura rituals -and above all mentality - were not what they are today. 

As per OP, yes they are obviously. Precisely because it gives them an occasion to strenghten their group identity in a context of war.