Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Propaganda_of_the_Deed

What is your personal proof or validation of Islam?

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Of course we all believe the Qur'an, Prophetic Sunnah and teachings of Ahlul Bayt are sufficient in of themselves, but for some in addition to these, there probably is some specific aspect or teaching in Islam that personally convinces you that this is the Haqq.

There is no better religion available than Islam, Shia. If religions were like toolkit sets for your body and soul and if you also happened to value yourself properly then you would choose the most complete set. It provides you with everything you will need on your journey.

2 hours ago, Kaya said:

the black plague during the medieval times failed to spread to Muslim nations because people used to wash themselves 5 times a day (for salah) and before eating. So the germs could not spread as easily as they could in the European lands where they had no tradition of washing.

This can't possibly true since it was the Mongols who were infected with the black plague in the first place and it was likely to be Central Asia where the black plague spread to Europe via the trade routes.

That's not to take away the advantages of washing five times a day or however many times, seeing how Europeans may not have taken such care in hygiene.

4 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

This can't possibly true since it was the Mongols who were infected with the black plague in the first place and it was likely to be Central Asia where the black plague spread to Europe via the trade routes.

That's not to take away the advantages of washing five times a day or however many times, seeing how Europeans may not have taken such care in hygiene.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death

Look at the map from the first picture. It shows that it was Europe which was mainly affected. I'm sure there are other resources too but this one was the first one I found.

The honest truth is I cannot prove Islam's validity, other than what makes sense to me and what feels right to me from an instinctive and spiritual level.

For me it is the path I take and am at peace with taking, that's all I can say. I believe there is one God and I believe no messenger came after Muhammad. 

From just philosophical points of view and the big questions about the world, aspects of some religions do make sense but from a theological point of view they don't and from an institutional tick box point of view they don't either (there is a technical term for this but I don't know it).

I guess that is why I don't really have an issue with other people of different faiths, they see the world according to their beliefs and perspective just as I see the world according to my beliefs and perspective. I can see some sense in many things and plenty more nonsense in them too.

5 minutes ago, Kaya said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death

Look at the map from the first picture. It shows that it was Europe which was mainly affected. I'm sure there are other resources too but this one was the first one I found.

Of course, Europe was decimated, but for whoever wrote the source you read to suggest no Muslim nations got infected due to hygiene isn't correct, the Mongols were infected and they were Muslim, Baghdad was infected too, North Africa was infected. Not sure if the Levant was Muslim at the time or Christian so can't comment on that. However you can see a variety of Muslims of affected too.

1 minute ago, aaaz1618 said:

Of course, Europe was decimated, but for whoever wrote the source you read to suggest no Muslim nations got infected due to hygiene isn't correct, the Mongols were infected and they were Muslim, Baghdad was infected too, North Africa was infected. Not sure if the Levant was Muslim at the time or Christian so can't comment on that. However you can see a variety of Muslims of affected too.

Sorry, I meant to say it spread to Muslim lands at less intensity compared to Europe.

Wassalam 

Guest face

The unbelievable character and actions of the Imams, coupled with the unbelievable obnoxiousness and lack of manners from those who are far from God. Imam Ali used to say things like "Be like the rose that gives fragrance to the hand that crushes it", and then dies in that exact manner. They didn't just talk the talk, they walked the walk, and nobody else in history who was not on the same page as them behaved like that. It's not a coincidence that all atheists are either miserable, or arrogant, obnoxious, disrespectful, have poor manners, lazy, selfish, spiteful. They are deeply disturbed people and they all have one thing in common: They are far from God. 

14 hours ago, Guest face said:

It's not a coincidence that all atheists are either miserable, or arrogant, obnoxious, disrespectful, have poor manners, lazy, selfish, spiteful. 

Agreed with you up until this point. I say this because unfortunately many believers display these too.

In fact one could argue that some Athiestic societies are happier and content and are more hard working and also do more in charitable deeds for the misfortunate than us Muslims.

Why are Scandinavian countries so clean, yet you go to Muslim immigrant areas in these same countries and the roads are filthy and the areas run down?

Why are Muslim majority countries rife with litter and filthy streets, why isn't recycling encouraged or animal welfare promoted in our societies? We should be known for being cleaner and being more humane to creatures as it is in our teachings, yet we get put to shame.

1 hour ago, Ibn al-Hussain said:

d. Miraculous nature of the Qur'an: This is the least viable method for the majority of people. Also requires one to look into discussions of collection of the Qur'an, Qira'at of Qur'an and Tahreef al-Qur'an

Is it also not possible to read within the Qur'an a series of responses to issues and questions that were being raised contemporaneously to the revelation itself (a number of which are also aired today) and moreover that in some instances the Qur'an is referring to doubts etc. that were being discussed not in the presence of Prophet Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم).).

On 8/20/2019 at 1:14 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

What is your own personal hujja or proof of Islam for you?

Of course we all believe the Qur'an, Prophetic Sunnah and teachings of Ahlul Bayt are sufficient in of themselves, but for some in addition to these, there probably is some specific aspect or teaching in Islam that personally convinces you that this is the Haqq.

Now personally, in regards to Islam in general, and don't laugh y'all I'm being serious (for a change), but I swear our toilet hygiene etiquettes really is profound.

I just think truly from the depths of my heart, alhamdulillah for being a Muslim.

Can you imagine, (especially guys), there are grown ass adults out there walking around with soiled underwear, and it's all down to ignorance. If we were not blessed with being believers, honestly many of us, if not most would be like this (most of the global population as a whole). Yet we have instructions taught to us by Rasool Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) to cleanse ourselves properly. This is from the divine no doubt at all.

In regards to Shia Islam, for me again, something simple, yet profound, our wudhu, I strongly believe it to be the authentic way, both in regards to Quranic description and the historical likeliness with 7th century Arabia and availability of water that this is how it would have been performed, especially with the mudd volume the Prophet used.

And of course our rememberance of Ashura. Honestly, had we just fasted "because the Jews did to commemorate Moses' victory over Pharoah" like most Muslims, and just seen the battle of Karbala as merely unfortunate and a tragic period in history, rather than the true impact it had on saving the essence of Islam from corruption, then seriously, if not for us, who would remember the sacrifice and oppression of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) and the family of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)? More importantly, further questioning digs deeper questions as to why Imam Hussain rose up and events that led up to this, going back to Saqifah.

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alameen, wa sallalahu 3ala Muhammad wa aale he taahireen

I am trying not laugh and I got to admit, I didn't even begin reading and I saw:

A picture with a cat holding a tasbeeh'! 

You did get me laughing lol

What were you saying, anyways? lol

On 8/19/2019 at 11:14 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Now personally, in regards to Islam in general, and don't laugh y'all I'm being serious (for a change), but I swear our toilet hygiene etiquettes really is profound.

I just think truly from the depths of my heart, alhamdulillah for being a Muslim.

Can you imagine, (especially guys), there are grown ass adults out there walking around with soiled underwear, and it's all down to ignorance. If we were not blessed with being believers, honestly many of us, if not most would be like this (most of the global population as a whole).

75% of the worlds population don’t find it disgusting, in fact they might find it disgusting to wash themselves with their bare hands every time they go (for them the proper etiquette is to give the underwear for a wash and to take a shower everyday).  

Being socially conditioned into liking something is not a proof for anything!.  It is just simple ignorance to call it a proof.  

Edited by eThErEaL

40 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

Being socially conditioned into liking something is not a proof for anything!.  It is just simple ignorance to call it a proof.  

You can call it "social conditioning" all you like, but I prefer to refer to it as prophetic Sunnah. It is in our teachings and our religion governs all aspects of our life.

You are missing the point anyway.I am entitled to have it as a personal proof, I acknowledged we already have universal proofs which we all agree upon. It is not yours and that is fine.

17 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

You can call it "social conditioning" all you like, but I prefer to refer to it as prophetic Sunnah. It is in our teachings and our religion governs all aspects of our life.

You are missing the point anyway.I am entitled to have it as a personal proof, I acknowledged we already have universal proofs which we all agree upon. It is not yours and that is fine.

I am not opposed to the Prophetic (S) Sunnah.

I am simply not in favor of you looking down upon others who don’t practice what you practice.  I find this attitude itself as disgusting and not in keeping with the higher Sunnah of the Prophet (S), namely the character of the Muhammad (S). 

Edited by eThErEaL

10 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

I am simply not in favor of you looking down upon others who don’t practice what you practice.  

I am expressing my gratitude that I am Muslim and in particular Islamic personal hygiene teachings.

If that triggers you into thinking I am looking down on others then I guess you are misunderstanding my post.

If you have something which personally speaks to you or is profound about Islam then go ahead and share, if not then have a nice day.

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

1 hour ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Can you imagine, (especially guys), there are grown ass adults out there walking around with soiled underwear, and it's all down to ignorance.

^^^^

Is this how you express gratitude to the Prophet (S)? No!

That is looking down on others.  Not nice. :)

Don’t mask what you said. 

Edited by eThErEaL

50 minutes ago, eThErEaL said:

That is looking down on others.  Not nice. :)

Don’t mask what you said. 

No, it is stating the fact that many are walking around with najasat out of ignorance.

Kindly stop trying to steer the topic away if you have nothing to add to the point of the thread.

Edit: Easily one of the most irritatingly argumentative users on here. Hopefully the ignore/hide post feature works this time.

Alhamdulillah it does.

HarshFabulousGerbil-size_restricted.gif

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed