Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Darth Vader

Do you remember where you came from?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

:bismillah:

:salam:

There is a saying by Imam Ali Ameer ul Momineen (عليه السلام), he said he remembers his life that was before this world, or some hadith like that. I am probably missing the larger and better version of course.

So have you ever wondered, or perhaps you have a memory or two of the time before?

Of a different odd world, or a life that was before this. Of a consciousness that did exist before you were born but now alien to us and forgotten because it was so different.

If people show in this discussion topic I will also share my thoughts further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:ws:

No, I don't. But I am the least perceptive person on this Earth. I sometimes get the feelings of deja vu, but that is only because I commit so many blunders and mistakes that they all keep on getting mixed and resurface in my memory. 

I personally think only very few of us will have some snippets of memory of their life before it began here. 

But don't you think this idea is a bit similar to reincarnation? I am asking in earnest not to nitpick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's something that I heard in a lecture yesterday which could link to this... It's amazing to hear... I'll try to word it as best as possible... 

The speaker was talking about the verse in the Qur'an:

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ

Which translates into "We belong to God and to him we shall return.” The speaker emphasises about the second part of this ayat. He says that it wouldn't make sense to return somewhere you haven't been before and this verse specifically mentions "we shall return" therefore at one point we must've been in the presence of God himself. 

Subhanallah Subhanallah... 

Edited by Ali~J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 1:39 PM, Darth Vader said:

:bismillah:

:salam:

There is a saying by Imam Ali Ameer ul Momineen (عليه السلام), he said he remembers his life that was before this world, or some hadith like that. I am probably missing the larger and better version of course.

So have you ever wondered, or perhaps you have a memory or two of the time before?

Of a different odd world, or a life that was before this. Of a consciousness that did exist before you were born but now alien to us and forgotten because it was so different.

If people show in this discussion topic I will also share my thoughts further.

Have two memories:

1. Deja vu.

2. The earliest memory of my life that my elder sister is putting shoes on my feet while, I think I am unable to speak might be 3 or 3.5 years old.

Share yours @Darth Vader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would share a few but now I am not sure if they are actual memories or perhaps they are vivid imaginations from my childhood yet I can not give them a time stamp and they are very old. But here goes anyway since you asked @Flying_Eagle.

I remember being lowered into what may be a grave and a few perhaps three or four people including a woman standing over. There is a old style small house in the background probably a suburb of what may be a medieval-esque looking town. From that hole opens a round doorway below beyond which is void. Then I remember approaching what may be planet Earth at incredible velocity, being afraid and it looked very stark and very cold, I could see white streaks emerging from the center of my view and enveloping the periphery of my vision as I darted to it with an unknown means. Then I remember a top down view while hovering over the hospital I was born in. I also remember very clearly the room, the door and the staircase on the right just outside which connects to the ground floor.

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense. But that is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

I would share a few but now I am not sure if they are actual memories or perhaps they are vivid imaginations from my childhood yet I can not give them a time stamp and they are very old. But here goes anyway since you asked @Flying_Eagle.

I remember being lowered into what may be a grave and a few perhaps three or four people including a woman standing over. There is a old style small house in the background probably a suburb of what may be a medieval-esque looking town. From that hole opens a round doorway below beyond which is void. Then I remember approaching what may be planet Earth at incredible velocity, being afraid and it looked very stark and very cold, I could see white streaks emerging from the center of my view and enveloping the periphery of my vision as I darted to it with an unknown means. Then I remember a top down view while hovering over the hospital I was born in. I also remember very clearly the room, the door and the staircase on the right just outside which connects to the ground floor.

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense. But that is all.

I would call it memories of childhood that might have mingled into one whole memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darth Vader said:

I would share a few but now I am not sure if they are actual memories or perhaps they are vivid imaginations from my childhood yet I can not give them a time stamp and they are very old. But here goes anyway since you asked @Flying_Eagle.

I remember being lowered into what may be a grave and a few perhaps three or four people including a woman standing over. There is a old style small house in the background probably a suburb of what may be a medieval-esque looking town. From that hole opens a round doorway below beyond which is void. Then I remember approaching what may be planet Earth at incredible velocity, being afraid and it looked very stark and very cold, I could see white streaks emerging from the center of my view and enveloping the periphery of my vision as I darted to it with an unknown means. Then I remember a top down view while hovering over the hospital I was born in. I also remember very clearly the room, the door and the staircase on the right just outside which connects to the ground floor.

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense. But that is all.

It's both interesting and frightening. I remember once reading about a woman, a young girl actually, who had this vivid memory of being entangled with slippery ropes and almost being strangled by them. Later on she came to know she had her umbilical chord wrapped around her while being born. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure we will all find out each and everything we do not remember when our "memory modules" or perhaps the "translation chip" is unlocked later. Sometimes I am astounded at myself and my fellow human beings. Our religion, in fact probably almost all religions promise reward mostly after death but the believers discuss so little of spirituality both the past one and the next stage(s). It is with these thoughts that I made this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 3:29 PM, Darth Vader said:

I am sure we will all find out each and everything we do not remember when our "memory modules" or perhaps the "translation chip" is unlocked later. Sometimes I am astounded at myself and my fellow human beings. Our religion, in fact probably almost all religions promise reward mostly after death but the believers discuss so little of spirituality both the past one and the next stage(s). It is with these thoughts that I made this thread.

There are many subjects that non Muslims speak of in length which have helped me think of Hadiths and spirituality in a more real and logical sense. specifically higher dimensions and the beings there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...