Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Salam,

I have noticed something weird and I was asking myself about it. I noticed that many egyptians are very open to Shi’as and are loving the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) “more” if you compare it to some other Sunni countries. Is it just me is this actually true?

37 minutes ago, Mortadakerim said:

Salam,

I have noticed something weird and I was asking myself about it. I noticed that many egyptians are very open to Shi’as and are loving the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) “more” if you compare it to some other Sunni countries. Is it just me is this actually true?

As a person that had lived in Egypt for 10 years, I can happily assure you that Egyptians are the least open to the Shiʾa out of all of the Arabian countries.

53 minutes ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

As a person that had lived in Egypt for 10 years, I can happily assure you that Egyptians are the least open to the Shiʾa out of all of the Arabian countries.

Thanks for answering and I am aware of the salafi/wahabi preachers, but I wasn’t talking about them. Take a look at AbdulBasit (رضي الله عنه). Also, when you say “Egyptians” do you mean laymen/preachers/everyone or a specific type of people?

1 hour ago, Mortadakerim said:

Salam,

True and not true. They are Ahlul Bayt lover ofc but they are not that open to Shia’s. Like, half of them are open to us and half of them hates us. I still remember the 10 years old girl in my school who said we are bad people, her parents are brain washing her sadly. 

There are some Egyptian Shia’s getting abused in Egypt. Plus if I’m not wrong, once I saw a poll in one news, which country believe Shia are not Muslims, first one is ofc Saudi Arabia, second is Egypt, can’t remember the third (maybe Jordan). 

Edited by Diaz

2 hours ago, Mortadakerim said:

Thanks for answering and I am aware of the salafi/wahabi preachers, but I wasn’t talking about them. Take a look at AbdulBasit (رضي الله عنه). Also, when you say “Egyptians” do you mean laymen/preachers/everyone or a specific type of people?

The vast majority of normal people.

7 hours ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

Have you found any good in any Sunni?

:hahaha:

Edited by Flying_Eagle

59 minutes ago, Kaya said:

Egypt was fully Shia at one time right?

Well, the rulers at that time were Ismaʾili.

But, there were some Twelvers, like Ṭalāʾīʿ bin Ruzzīk.

59 minutes ago, Kaya said:

Maybe history will repeat itself?

It will, InshaʾAllah.

Edited by Simon the Canaanite

15 hours ago, Mortadakerim said:

Salam,

I met few Egyptian in my life. One Egyptian I met the moment he understood I was Shia he tried the minute after to show me that shiism is wrong and sunnism is true. An other Egyptian I didn't meet him in real life but he was a friend of a friend I have. He said some stuffs in Facebook like he was happy that Saudi Arabia bomb Shia Muslims in Yemen and so on. So no I am not really agree with you here brother. 

I met an egyptian who used to express her views against Shi'ism which would tick me off and I wish I had the courage back then to shut her up. Because alot of the things she said were complete nonsense, she would often criticise Shias for killing Sunnis, she even said that we shouldn't say anything good or bad about Yazid (la). She constantly would say that we believe that Imam Ali (عليه السلام) is the Messenger, when both me and my mum repeated to her more than once that it's a false lie. 

This other girl from highschool who thought she knew so much about us would say that we hate Imam Ali and Fatima (عليه السلام), that we killed Ali, that we believe Gibreel made a mistake by sending the revelation down to Prophet Muhammad (sawas), and so much more. Honestly upset me off, because back then I never had the guts or even enough information to back myself up. 

These people have no common sense whatsoever, its so sad how majority of what their books say contradict towards their beliefs. 

On 8/17/2019 at 5:44 PM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

traditional Islam in the country which has a more Sufi inclination, definitely is more open in their love for Ahlul Bayt than other Sunni Arab countries

Sufi traditions and beliefs in Egypt are worse than any other country, in my opinion. (You can see here, and here).

and names of Ahlul Bayt are very common.

Doesn’t mean anything. Muḥāmmad ibn Abd al-Wāhhab named his children: Ḥāssan, Ḥusāyn, Ali, and Fāṭima.

My friend told me there is even an Egyptian expression that mentions sayida Zainab's name.

Many of their expressions have some kind of insult to Aʾbi Bākr and Omar, and they say it without realizing.

For example, in old Egyptian plays, if a man does something unpleasant, his wife would tell him (loudly), “Ya Omar,” (even if his name isn’t so).

And on the other hand, they have a saying, which also can be heard in some plays (such as, al-Ayāl Kibrit), which goes, “hūwā anā ibn al-rāfaḍhi?!” (am I a son of a rāfiḍhi?!)

(Both used as an insult).

Whether they are more open to Shia is of course another matter, but love for Ahlul Bayt is certainly prominent.

Loving them, and despising their followers is unaccepted.

Narrated Muḥāmmad bin Ali Mājilawayh, from Muḥāmmad bin Aʾbi l-Qāsim, from Muḥāmmad bin Ali al-Kūfi, from Ibn Fāḍhaal, from al-Muʾālla bin Ḵḫunāis, who said:

I heard Aba Abdillah output-onlinepngtools.png.781c65f14945b7d6d8f83dc70fd649fd.png saying: “The nāṣib is not the one who acknowledges hatred for us Ahl al-Bāyt, for indeed you will not find anyone saying, “I despise Muḥāmmadoutput-onlinepngtools.png.6e21bcd18525349cc5981ee6c057372d.png and his family,” but instead the nāṣib is one who has hatred for you, while he knows that you love us, or hate those from our enemies.”

And he output-onlinepngtools.png.781c65f14945b7d6d8f83dc70fd649fd.png then said: “Whoever fed our enemy, has killed a wāli of ours.”

(Maʾāni al-Aḵḫbār, page 365).

Edited by Simon the Canaanite

4 hours ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

Sufi traditions and beliefs in Egypt are worse than any other country, in my opinion.

Then you want to see some Sufi traditions in Indo-Pak, some of which are influenced by Hinduism.

4 hours ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

Loving them, and despising their followers is unaccepted.

I think you are misunderstanding my post. I am not arguing loving Ahlul Bayt but despising their followers is comendable or accepted.

Just that out of all Sunni Arab countries and from my observations of having travelled to several, open love of Ahlul Bayt is most prominent. This is part of OP's question.

The 2 clips I posted previously, you wont see something like that in Jordan or Palestine or Saudi. That is all.