Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sisters in Iran help: finding a spouse for my brother

Rate this topic

lilibolt

• Advanced Member

Salam,

I hope everyone is doing well :)

I have a questions to the sisters living in Iran.

My brother is 22 years old and studies in Qom in Almustafa University and has been trying to get married for the past 2 years but has been unsuccessful in finding a suitable spouse because of how strict the division is between males and females in Iran.

My brother is planning to stay another 7 years or so in Iran before he returns back to Europe and would like so find someone who is also studying in Qom or would like to go there.

Our family has no connection to any one in Iran so it is very difficult for us to find a way to find someone suitable for my brother.

His teachers are not really helping either.

if anyone can refer me to some Molana in Qom who can help my brother. Or if any one here is from the women Hawza, is there a match making system my brother can register for?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Wassalam.

• Advanced Member

You probably already know this, but just in case you don't, plenty of girls and boys from non-western countries look to marry people with western citizenship and then leave once they have obtained it. Just be careful. That's why some youth with citizenship in my community don't even take the risk and don't accept potential matches that don't have the official permanent resident card at least. 

Edited by Lilly14

6 hours ago, lilibolt said:

Salam,

I hope everyone is doing well :)

I have a questions to the sisters living in Iran.

My brother is 22 years old and studies in Qom in Almustafa University and has been trying to get married for the past 2 years but has been unsuccessful in finding a suitable spouse because of how strict the division is between males and females in Iran.

My brother is planning to stay another 7 years or so in Iran before he returns back to Europe and would like so find someone who is also studying in Qom or would like to go there.

Our family has no connection to any one in Iran so it is very difficult for us to find a way to find someone suitable for my brother.

His teachers are not really helping either.

if anyone can refer me to some Molana in Qom who can help my brother. Or if any one here is from the women Hawza, is there a match making system my brother can register for?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Wassalam.

Wsww.. at the hawza I was at, the two sisters with western citizenships would get several proposals through the teachers. One eventually got married to a brother of one of the teachers and they went back to Canada. The other sister did not accept any of the offers and eventually got married to a cousin from afghanistan whom she sponsored to go to the US wih her.

Perhaps male teachers don't get involved in such stuff, but females definitely don't pass a chance to match make.

P.s how does he intend to support a wife if he gets one within the system? Hawza student stipends are very very low. He may be better off marrying a girl from back home who is willing to go to Iran with him and then they go back to Europe once they are done.

Edited by habib e najjaar

• 2 weeks later...