Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
j.angel

Hijab and t shirt

Rate this topic

Sorry if this is in the wrong topic

Has anyone else seen the commonly increasing fad of wearing hijab with t shirts or tank tops or even long sleeve shirt but with clevage showing??? I understand that some people have their own path to hijab but I relate that more to showing their hair a bit while wearing hijab since they’re not comfortable enough wearing it. 

Is there some marja who says it’s ok to wear T-shirt’s with hijab and that’s why I’m seeing it often? It’s always with darker Muslims similar looking to somalis but I’m not sure if they are since I don’t know anyone who dresses like that nor is it appropriate to ask. 

Hijab with t shirt or hijab with tight long sleeves or hijab with tight pants or hijab with skirts. None of these is new. No it isn't allowed. Hijab covers more than physical appearance though. 

For example : don't upload a picture of yourself in a forum with many non mahrams, even if you are covered. If that is you in the picture. For obligatory precaution it's best to avoid such things. I don't know the ruling of this. 

Islam says women cover themselves all body except face and hands up to wrist. Its also obligatory to avoid wearing tight clothes or colors that capture attention. But all these are allowed to do for her husband. Its the beauty of Islam.

3 hours ago, j.angel said:

Sorry if this is in the wrong topic

Has anyone else seen the commonly increasing fad of wearing hijab with t shirts or tank tops or even long sleeve shirt but with clevage showing??? I understand that some people have their own path to hijab but I relate that more to showing their hair a bit while wearing hijab since they’re not comfortable enough wearing it. 

Is there some marja who says it’s ok to wear T-shirt’s with hijab and that’s why I’m seeing it often? It’s always with darker Muslims similar looking to somalis but I’m not sure if they are since I don’t know anyone who dresses like that nor is it appropriate to ask. 

I've actually seen it a lot too amongst black Muslims, including many of my cousins who do this, but not really among other ethnicities. I don't know why. I always assumed it was because they were Sunni and had different rules? But that's probably not the case. 

Oh well they probably just have some misunderstanding. Along with various other hijab issues like sheer hijabs, tight hijab, makeup, etc. We are all dificient in some way. 

Seen the occasional person with hijab and t-shirt, seen tonnes of sisters with the influencer look going on- hijab, gym pants or loose pants above the ankles, seen a lot of older sisters (or aunties) who wear hijab but have tops that reveal some of the neck area. 

These have all been South Asians.

Somalis, I think come from religious households but sometimes the kids can get caught up in other stuff. Certainly in the U.K the Somali boys get caught up in gangs etc and it has been known for their mothers to send them to Somalia or Somaliland. I guess the girls could be influenced by white or other African cultures. Just pure speculation though.

I saw this in Malaysia and was very shocked. It must be due to extreme ignorance regarding the rulings or that they don’t care because its a joke to them. I think it might be ignorance due to not caring enough to seek knowledge. It is the end of times so I think we will see even worst things before it starts to get better unfortunately.