Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Kamyar Majlessi

A lot of waswasa in salat and wudu

Rate this topic

Assalam alaykum wa rahmatolahi wa barakatoh brothers and sisters. I have extreme Doubts in prayer and sometimes wudu but mostly prayer. In wudu sometimes I have doubt after pouring water on my face or arms so I keep wiping then that further creates doubts if my wudu is invalidate now since I'm taken long until I go to the next step. In salat I doubt if I by mistake put my head on the turbah twice when it's supposed to be the first sajdah. In rookoh and sajdah I move and it causes doubts which lead to me repeating the dhkir multiple times. In dhuhr and asr I have doubts about raising my voice too much in the surahs so instead I lower my voice  then have doubts if I'm pronouncing the words properly this makes every quiet difficult so I would really appreciate it if you helped me out. Today in asr, I was certain I didn't pass wind but I smelt it for a slight second. I paused the prayer to check, no smell again. Should I repeat asr? Ik the ruling if you doubt passing wind then if there's no sound or smell ignore it but what in this case? I think knowing too much about what invalidates prayers is what's causing my doubts. Please help me

3 hours ago, Kamyar Majlessi said:

Assalam alaykum wa rahmatolahi wa barakatoh brothers and sisters. I have extreme Doubts in prayer and sometimes wudu but mostly prayer. In wudu sometimes I have doubt after pouring water on my face or arms so I keep wiping then that further creates doubts if my wudu is invalidate now since I'm taken long until I go to the next step. In salat I doubt if I by mistake put my head on the turbah twice when it's supposed to be the first sajdah. In rookoh and sajdah I move and it causes doubts which lead to me repeating the dhkir multiple times. In dhuhr and asr I have doubts about raising my voice too much in the surahs so instead I lower my voice  then have doubts if I'm pronouncing the words properly this makes every quiet difficult so I would really appreciate it if you helped me out. Today in asr, I was certain I didn't pass wind but I smelt it for a slight second. I paused the prayer to check, no smell again. Should I repeat asr? Ik the ruling if you doubt passing wind then if there's no sound or smell ignore it but what in this case? I think knowing too much about what invalidates prayers is what's causing my doubts. Please help me

What you know is known to many Muslims brother. And what you are going through is not happening to you alone. If you are certain that you did mistake and you continue salah, it is invalid but if you are in doubt then there are exceptions to it. Don't make it hard for yourself brother.

1 hour ago, Flying_Eagle said:

What you know is known to many Muslims brother. And what you are going through is not happening to you alone. If you are certain that you did mistake and you continue salah, it is invalid but if you are in doubt then there are exceptions to it. Don't make it hard for yourself brother.

But what about asr? And any tips? 

5 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

Plus, you're answer if I'm being honest didn't help me much. Can you please try harder than '' don't make it hard for yourself ''? Like what do I do about the movements etc etc fatiha etc? 

Brother, I have the same brother, today I repeated my asr salat twice because I was not sure if I’m doing sujud twice or if I’m in 3rd or 4th ruka. Please read about salatul ihtiyat and sajdah al sahw https://www.al-Islam.org/elements-Islamic-studies-allamah-saeed-akhtar-Rizvi/lesson-43-prayer-ihtiyat-and-sajdah-al-sahw

3 hours ago, Mortadakerim said:

Ignore every whisper of Shaytan. Listen, if you are uncertain about a mistake, IGNORE IT AND CONTINUE SALAH. And do not dare to make up for the mistake and repeat salah. Just don’t do this.

This^

you repeat your Salat, your still have a doubt.

7 minutes ago, Mortadakerim said:

Ignore every whisper of Shaytan. Listen, if you are uncertain about a mistake, IGNORE IT AND CONTINUE SALAH. And do not dare to make up for the mistake and repeat salah. Just don’t do this.

But is the smell I had in asr a doubt? Like it was very strange. I was certain of not passing wind, focusing on my sajdah then bam suddenly I smell I fart. 

9 minutes ago, Mortadakerim said:

to be honest, prayer has been very stressful lately for me. I repeat each prayer multiple times before I finally finish it. I go into some prayers with the  fear of making a mistake 

3 hours ago, Kamyar Majlessi said:

Plus, you're answer if I'm being honest didn't help me much. Can you please try harder than '' don't make it hard for yourself ''? Like what do I do about the movements etc etc fatiha etc? 

brother, I am just saying that there are exception for unintentional mistakes and you have to do it once. Also before saying your prayer say that Insha-Allah, I will concentrate in prayer then just recite what is recommended and don't redo it because Allah (عزّ وجلّ) knows what you are praying ok. I, in my teenage, used to say bismillah for many times then I begin to lose salah and after that I got rid of soch wiswas because I read in surah maryam that Allah says that when mother of Hazrat Maryam (عليه السلام) saw that a daughter is born she said ya Allah (عزّ وجلّ) I have got daughter so Allah said: " I knew that it was daughter". So, what you do Allah (عزّ وجلّ) knows it.

As Diaz mentioned, there is a prostration of forgetfulness that you can do if you are in any doubts. I believe it's an act unanimously agreed upon to be permissible by both the schools of the Ahlul Bayt and the Ahlul Sunnah. It is something I do if I forget whether I have done one rakah too many or one too few.

May Allah make it easy for you and may He accept all of your prayers and good work.

18 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

As Diaz mentioned, there is a prostration of forgetfulness that you can do if you are in any doubts. I believe it's an act unanimously agreed upon to be permissible by both the schools of the Ahlul Bayt and the Ahlul Sunnah. It is something I do if I forget whether I have done one rakah too many or one too few.

May Allah make it easy for you and may He accept all of your prayers and good work.

Thanks, praying is becoming really difficult. JazakAllah 

24 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

Is istibra required when passing wind? 

2 hours ago, Mortadakerim said:

My biggest doubt is caused by not being able to stay still in rokooh and sajdah. How can I fix this? 

2 hours ago, Kamyar Majlessi said:

to be honest, prayer has been very stressful lately for me. I repeat each prayer multiple times before I finally finish it. I go into some prayers with the  fear of making a mistake 

Brother, I know it is hard to stop, but you have to. Ignore the waswas. Your salah is not invalid. Even if you ignore the waswas. 

44 minutes ago, Kamyar Majlessi said:

My biggest doubt is caused by not being able to stay still in rokooh and sajdah. How can I fix this? 

Do you mean that you are too fast, because you don’t want to make a mistake? If so, stay still and ignore the waswas and the waswas will go away trust me.

10 minutes ago, Mortadakerim said:

Brother, I know it is hard to stop, but you have to. Ignore the waswas. Your salah is not invalid. Even if you ignore the waswas. 

Do you mean that you are too fast, because you don’t want to make a mistake? If so, stay still and ignore the waswas and the waswas will go away trust me.

No, like I go into rokooh try to remain steady but my body moves. Like sometimes from the right to the left or my head moves, fingers etc

Guest face

As others have said, ignoring it is the best thing to do. Sometimes I'd be praying and wonder if I just made a mistake, what I do is completely ignore that thought. If I have to question it, then it's not good enough to stop. Unless I have a clear memory of the mistake, I'm not stopping. All of these doubts are just my qareen, I know they're nonsense, and nothing annoys him more than me making him look like an idiot.

2 hours ago, Kamyar Majlessi said:

No, like I go into rokooh try to remain steady but my body moves. Like sometimes from the right to the left or my head moves, fingers etc

It seems you aren't doing anything abnormal, but that these worries have become obsessive and have consumed you completely. Do you feel able to stop worrying about whether you move too much, recite too loud etc?

10 hours ago, Kamyar Majlessi said:

Has the obsessive feeling in some way come to a degree that you cannot concentrate on standing still? If so, try to first fix the waswasa by ignoring it fully. Then, if you also cannot stand still there has to be another cause, but first ignore the waswasa.

19 hours ago, Kamyar Majlessi said:

. I have extreme Doubts in prayer and sometimes wudu but mostly prayer.

I think that everyone has had these kinds doubts and uncertainty. What I would say is that it is the intention that counts. Whoever prays with the right intention in the heart it doesn't matter how many mistakes is made as long as the mistakes are unintentional. Allah is the most merciful the most compassionate. I am sure that God is aware of our OCD, so I would suggest making dua and ask him to cure it.

7 hours ago, Mortadakerim said:

Has the obsessive feeling in some way come to a degree that you cannot concentrate on standing still? If so, try to first fix the waswasa by ignoring it fully. Then, if you also cannot stand still there has to be another cause, but first ignore the waswasa.

Well I go into rokooh and stay there saying dhkir more than 3 times (sorry for the late reply, apparently I hit a limit) 

22 minutes ago, Kamyar Majlessi said:

I'll try but it's very difficult 

Take what these scholars say and don’t make it difficult. Just do and don’t think. Don’t doubt. The moment you doubt, ignore. By ignoring it, eventually, you won’t even doubt your salah

Hello Kamyar,

Hope you're well. My opinion on this issue of yours is that you shouldn't overthink about it. Wasswasaas can be used to your own benefit, they act as points of mis-concentration where you can tell yourself that you aren't focusing enough and then you try to continue with more focus.

The more wasswasaas you'll get, the more opportunity you will get to try and focus more, this way each prayer of yours will have the potential of being more sincere than the last.

Do remember though, you'll have to draw a line of practicality. Meaning, you can't expect any and every prayer to be perfect. Always leave room for minor errors, it's okay to make minor errors.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Khudi

Dear Brother

I don't mean any offense but honestly you should consider the possibility that you might also have a medical problem called obsessive compulsive disorder. In your place I would also consult a doctor to eliminate that possibility or treat it.

Wassalaam.

6 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Dear Brother

I don't mean any offense but honestly you should consider the possibility that you might also have a medical problem called obsessive compulsive disorder. In your place I would also consult a doctor to eliminate that possibility or treat it.

Wassalaam.

I might actually have it but don't think I'll go to the doc 

14 hours ago, Mortadakerim said:

Take what these scholars say and don’t make it difficult. Just do and don’t think. Don’t doubt. The moment you doubt, ignore. By ignoring it, eventually, you won’t even doubt your salah

InshaAllah InshaAllah. The thing is if I ignore the doubt then I have a feeling that I am careless if my prayer is valid or invalid. 

13 hours ago, Khudi said:

Hello Kamyar,

Hope you're well. My opinion on this issue of yours is that you shouldn't overthink about it. Wasswasaas can be used to your own benefit, they act as points of mis-concentration where you can tell yourself that you aren't focusing enough and then you try to continue with more focus.

The more wasswasaas you'll get, the more opportunity you will get to try and focus more, this way each prayer of yours will have the potential of being more sincere than the last.

Do remember though, you'll have to draw a line of practicality. Meaning, you can't expect any and every prayer to be perfect. Always leave room for minor errors, it's okay to make minor errors.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Khudi

Sometimes, it really feels like I've missed something out when I haven't