Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
starlight

Let's make Eid Ghadeer plans!

Rate this topic

9 minutes ago, Diaz said:

When is it? I never celebrated it because no one from my family celebrated it. :(

On the 18th of Zilhaj(this year on 19/20 Aug)

@Diaz You can do either or all of these. 

Fast, offer 2 rakat salat and present it to Amir ul momineen (عليه السلام), go see family or friends and take some sweets or some other food for them. 

13 hours ago, starlight said:

It has been narrated from as-Sadiq [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad] (peace be upon him) that he said, “…giving one dirham to a brother in faith and who has cognizance (of the greatness and importance of the day of Ghadir) is equal to giving 1,000 dirham (at any other time). 

*Eid-e-Ghadeer offer*

PM me if anyone wants 1000x times reward. 

15 hours ago, starlight said:

I just watched a video by Agha Panahiyan and he talked about giving food to people on the day of Ghadeer and quoted a narration from Imam Ali,"feeding people on this day is like giving food to ten hundred thousand Prophets." So right now I have made a niyyah that I will feed some people on Eid Ghadeer, InshaAllah. 

Would love to watch that video again. :love:

3 hours ago, ireallywannaknow said:

ers (..  is it better to share the food with Shias?)

Salam the main thing is celebrating this day better than ever ,it doesn't matter that you give the food to who  but make it a special day as much as we can

Guest Sister

What if something medical prevents you from fasting for the whole day (approximately 15 hours)? Do you still get some blessings for fasting as long as you can before you need to break your fast? 

19 minutes ago, Guest Sister said:

What if something medical prevents you from fasting for the whole day (approximately 15 hours)? Do you still get some blessings for fasting as long as you can before you need to break your fast? 

Sure! If someone keeps a recommended fast, it is not obligatory on him to complete it.

A Day of Greeting and Disavowal

رَوَى الْحَسَنُ بْنُ رَاشِدٍ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللٌّهِقَالَ: قُلْتُ: جُعِلْتُ فِدَاكَ، لِلْمُسْلِمِينَ عِيْدٌ غَيْرُ الْعِيْدَيْنِ؟ قَالَ: نَعَمْ، يَا حَسَنَ! أَعْظَمُهُمَا وَ أَشْرَفُهُمَا. قَالَ: قُلْتُ لَهُ: وَ أَيُّ يَوْمٍ هُوَ؟ قَالَ: يَوْمٌ نُصِبَ أَمِيـرُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَفِيهِ عَلَماً لِلنَّاسِ. قُلْتُ لَهُ: جُعِلْتُ فِدَاكَ وَمَا يَنْبَغِي لَنَا أَنْ نَصْنَعَ فِيهِ؟ قَالَ: تَصُومُهُ يَا حَسَنَ وَ تَكْثُرُ الصَّلوٌةَ عَلى مُحَمَّدٍ وَ آلِهِ فِيهِ وَ تَتَبَرَّأَ إلـى اللٌّهِ، مِمَنْ ظَلَمَهُمْ، فَإِنّ الأَنْبِيَآءَ كَانَتْ تَأْمُرُ الأَوْصِيَآءَ بَالْيَومِ‏ الَّذِي كَانَ يُقَامُ فِيهِ الْوَصِيُّ أَنْ يُّـتَّخَذَ عِيْداً

It has been narrated from Hasan ibn Rashid from Abi 'Abdillah [Imam Ja'far ibn Muhammad as-Sadiq] (peace be upon him) that he said, “May I be sacrificed for you! Do the Muslims have a festivity other than the two 'Eid celebrations?” The Imam (peace be upon him) replied, “Yes O’ Hasan! (There is one) greater than these two and much worthier than them.” The companion replied, “And what day is that?” The Imam said, “The day upon which Amirul Mo'minin ['Ali ibn Abi Talib] (peace be upon him) was appointed as the flag (of guidance) for the people.” The companion then asked, “May I be sacrificed for you! And what should we do (on this day)?” The Imam replied, “You should fast on it, O’ Hasan, and recite many prayers upon Muhammad and his family and disavow yourself towards Allah from all of those who oppressed them; surely the Prophets (of the past) also commanded their successors to consider the day of their appointment a day of celebration and 'Eid.”

Misbahul Mutahajjid, Page 680. 

The Day of Protection

عَنْ أَمِيـرِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَقَالَ: ... فَكَيْفَ بِمَنْ تَكَفَّلَ عَدَداً مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَ الْمُؤْمِنَاتِ وَأَنَا ضَمِينُهُ عَلـى ‏اللٌّهِ تَعَالـى الأَمَانَ مِنَ‏ الْكُفْرِ وَالْفَقْرِ.

It has been narrated form Amirul Mo’minin ['Ali ibn Abi Talib] (peace be upon him) that he said, “…how shall the state of that person be who has taken the responsibility upon himself for a number of the believing men and believing women (on the Day of Ghadir) since I personally have guaranteed that person protection from disbelief and poverty, in the presence of Allah, the Most High.”

Wasa'il ash-Shi'a, Volume 7, Page 327

https://www.al-Islam.org/forty-ahadith-ghadir-mahmud-sharifi/worthy-and-deserving-day-ghadir

7 hours ago, Diaz said:

Today is eid gadeer? I want to know because I want to fast. Please reply guys I have only 30 minutes before fajr start.

I am sorry I couldn't reply sooner. 

1 hour ago, Be1a1 said:

I am in Australia and tomorrow is eid right?

Not sure of this. You will have to ask someone who lives in your country or count the days from Eid ul Adha(10zilhajj). Eid Ghadeer is 18 zilhajj.

1 hour ago, Be1a1 said:

And the feeding people should be done tomorrow when we break fast right?

Ideally yes, but you will get sawab for feeding pexpletive otherwise too, I guess.

6 minutes ago, AkhiraisReal said:

so is it eid ghadeer today or tomorrow.

Salam in Iran & Iraq is tomorrow .

15 hours ago, Guest Yusuf said:

Yes Akhii today is Eid e Ghadder e Khum.

Thanks for the info brother.

9 hours ago, starlight said:

I am sorry I couldn't reply sooner. 

It’s okay. I couldn’t fast either. I had stomachache yesterday.

Imam al-Ridha (عليه السلام) said:  

“The similitude of the believers in accepting the guardianship of the Commander of the Believers (Ali) on the day of Ghadir Khum is that of the angels in prostrating before Adam (I.e., submitting to him), and the similitude of those who turned away from the guardianship of the Commander of the Believers on the day of Ghadir is that of the devil (Iblis).”

Iqbal al-A'amal, p. 465.

Edited by Sirius_Bright

Photos: Imam Ali (عليه السلام) Holy Shrine decorated for Eid Al-Ghadir

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-Imam-Ali-as-holy-shrine-decorated-for-eid-al-ghadir_969932.html

August 19, 2019 - 11:13 AM News Code : 969932 Source : IQNALink: 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): The Astan (custodianship) of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) holy shrine in Najaf, Iraq, started decorating the shrine in preparation for celebrating Eid al-Ghadir.

آذین بندی حرم حضرت علی(ع) به مناسبت عید غدیر + عکس

آذین بندی حرم حضرت علی(ع) به مناسبت عید غدیر + عکس

Photos: Hazrat Abbas (عليه السلام) Holy Shrine on eve of Eid al-Ghadir

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-hazrat-Abbas-as-holy-shrine-on-eve-of-eid-al-ghadir_969901.html

August 19, 2019 - 10:47 AM News Code : 969901 Source : ABNA24Link: 

The various parts of the Hazrat Abbas (عليه السلام) Holy Shrine in Karbala were decorated on the eve of Eid al-Ghadir.

عکس خبری/ حرم حضرت عباس(ع) در آستانه عید غدیر

Photos: Eid al-Ghadir celebration held in Bursa, Turkey

https://en.abna24.com/news//photos-eid-al-ghadir-celebration-held-in-bursa-turkey_970004.html

August 19, 2019 - 12:43 PM News Code : 970004 Source : ABNA24Link: 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Eid al-Ghadir celebration held in Bursa, Turkey.