Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
John Romerro

How to remove najasat from immovable objects?

Rate this topic

AS.SALAM.U.ALAIKUM to all,

I would like to ask how to remove najasat from immovable things like door or kitchen cupboard handles or even from floor? Also note that there is no particular najasat I am concerned about and also there is NO possibility to use kur water, (unless I intend to ruin the whole apartment )  which I am definitely not. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Wa.Salam, 

Ali

7 minutes ago, John Romerro said:

Also note that there is no particular najasat I am concerned about. 

What do you mean by this? ^^ Are you sure they are najis? 

The floor of most houses in the West is covered with carpet which is glued to the floor in such a way that it is difficult to lift it off. How can such a carpet be rendered pure (tahir), if it becomes impure with urine or blood? The water used to purify in both the cases could be qalil or kathir. Please explain the ruling in both cases.

Answer: If it is possible to wipe the water off the carpet by using a piece of cloth or a vacuum cleaner, it can be purified with qalil water, provided that the water is wiped off the carpet, in the process. Conversely, it must be purified by kathir water [I.e., by using a hose pipe connected to the tap].

Repeated use of carpet shampoo machine that you can rent at most grocery or department stores. Just soak the affected area, then remove water.

For walls, cabinets, ceilings, etc, clean water, then dry, repeat until pure.

Cleaning with Earth, which can then be vacuumed away, might also be an option.

25 minutes ago, realizm said:

:salam:

Not certain that Earth is a purifying agent, except for ablution.

To be honest, I'm also not certain.

9 hours ago, AkhiraisReal said:

if you rich buy new house

And if you were wise, you would have not been wasting your time trolling. Except if you get paid for this. 

8 hours ago, starlight said:

What do you mean by this? ^^ Are you sure they are najis? 

No, not sure but kind of. Let me explain. Thing is apartments are cleaned either by the ex tenant or by the landlord or by cleaner hired by the landlord before the new tenants move into the house/apartment. But, it is hard to trust their style of cleaning. I mean one may wash him/herself from the cleanest/finest water but if not done according to Sharia he/she remains najis. Similarly, knowing for sure the ex tenant consuming alcohol/pork & then dropping, throwing or touching, najasat can be everywhere. So, I wanted to ask what is the best way to clean the apartment especially door/cupboard  handles, knobs & floor etc.

51 minutes ago, John Romerro said:

And if you were wise, you would have not been wasting your time trolling. Except if you get paid for this. 

oh sorry, I misread. I thought it was about najasat that couldn't be removed. Depending on what kind of najasat it's, If I had money yes I would move.

But in your situation, I don't know.

6 minutes ago, AkhiraisReal said:

oh sorry, I misread. I thought it was about najasat that couldn't be removed. Depending on what kind of najasat it's, If I had money yes I would move.

But in your situation, I don't know.

It's OK brother. I was just teasing(joking) you. Thing is I was just wondering about how to remove najasat from things that we cannot move. There must be a way. 

For najasat you can't assume, even if it is a logical assumption. You have to have seen it with your eyes. So unless you saw najasat touch your apartment, you should act as if it's Tahir.