Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Haji 2003

Haji's Eid Gift For You All

Recommended Posts

Eid Mubarak everyone

I wanted to share this gift with you, that you will enjoy eating. Inshallah.

23268480-field-cricket-on-white-.jpg?ver

In case you had any doubts about eating these, I have found out the following, because I love you all.

1595015237_Screenshot2019-08-12at11_16_30.thumb.png.c8ab9079c0d48e236b22223b70eddfeb.png

 

Edited by Haji 2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

Eid Mubarak everyone

Eid Mubarak to you too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mandatory medical advice: :eat:

Crickets are a complete protein source, meaning they contain all of the essential amino acids. They also have omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, and are high in calcium and vitamin B12. Crickets boast an excellent nutrient profile, providing a great source of lean protein, vitamins and minerals. Crickets contain about 65% protein, and other insects can contain up to 80% protein. Some insects have the same or greater amount of iron than beef.

So come on everyone. Stop being squeamish at the thought of these creepy creatures inside your mouth. Instead think of it's delicate antennas gently brushing against the roof of your mouth as your teeth grind the protein rich crispy insect (made extra crunchy thanks to the exoskeleton bestowed upon it by Mother nature) which has willingly sacrificed its life to fill yours with goodness. As it's body breaks down into exquisite little pieces, the silky fluid inside called lymph oozes out and gently stimulates the your taste buds with its delectable flavour as you vow never to bother your Mum or wife for crispy parathas again(because it's going to be crispy crickets from now on) and make a mental note to thank your marja for allowing these in your life. 

Edited by starlight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, starlight said:

Mandatory medical advice: :eat:

Crickets are a complete protein source, meaning they contain all of the essential amino acids. They also have omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, and are high in calcium and vitamin B12. Crickets boast an excellent nutrient profile, providing a great source of lean protein, vitamins and minerals. Crickets contain about 65% protein, and other insects can contain up to 80% protein. Some insects have the same or greater amount of iron than beef.

So come on everyone. Stop being squeamish at the thought of these creepy creatures inside your mouth. Instead think of it's delicate antennas gently brushing against the floor of your mouth as your teeth grind the protein rich crispy insect (made extra crunchy thanks to the exoskeleton bestowed upon it by Mother nature) which has willingly sacrificed its life to fill yours with goodness. As it's body breaks down into exquisite little pieces, the silky fluid inside called lymph oozes out and gently stimulates the your taste buds with its delectable flavour as you vow never to bother your Mum or wife for crispy parathas again(because it's going to be crispy crickets from now on) and make a mental note to thank your marja for allowing these in your life. 

:gossip:"That is written so smoothly she must be employed by an Amerikan food company."

:rolleyes:"Just a passing thought."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, starlight said:

Stop being squeamish at the thought of these creepy creatures inside your mouth.

Available as a flour:

https://www.crickethop.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

In case you had any doubts about eating these, I have found out the following, because I love you all

Salam I only take it as joke for  Eid from you :D

Imam Khamenei: It is generally prohibited to eat insects, but treatment by forbidden things is permissible if the disease is believed to be treatable and the treatment is unique in its use , you can eat it just as needed for solving your problem 

Aytollah Makaraem Shirrazi :

Of the insects, only eating locusts is permitted. Of course, if he gets it alive or dies in his hand. But if it reaches as dead to you, it's cautionary to not eat it.

What is the mandate to eat a six-legged winged insect called "Chenzo" (Cicadidae) in the cold areas of Kerman?

It's not permissible . 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cicadidae

Grand ayatollah Sistani :meat of Locust is Halal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

mam Khamenei: It is generally prohibited to eat insects,

I agree. But some are clearly permissible and we are trying to clarify which ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

I agree. But some are clearly permissible and we are trying to clarify which ones. 

I know but if you talk about it with an Iranian about eating insects specially Locust , it will be consider as a rude language  & also pan Iranian were referring to eating locust by Arabs as a great insult to Arabs that even now it is using by some Shias in Iran for indirect insult to Wahhabist that are from Arab lands specially KSA .  

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crickets are omnivorous. They even kill their own species when there is scarcity of foods. Cannibals!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

I know but if you talk about it with an Iranian about eating insects specially Locust , it will be consider as a rude language

Well that's their cultural problem. Quite a shame to see Shias believing that something halal is beneath their dignity.

In Pakistan locusts are also considered to be the food of poor people. I guess that is why there are Hadiths of the Ahlul Bayt ((عليه السلام).) saying that they ate locusts. I guess some people would consider themselves lucky not to be invited to their homes for a meal.

Edited by Haji 2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mzwakhe said:

You are what you eat

You are what you ate. :shifty:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Haji 2003 said:

In Pakistan locusts are also considered to be the food of poor people. I guess that is why there are Hadiths of the Ahlul Bayt ((عليه السلام).) saying that they ate locusts. I guess some people would consider themselves lucky not to be invited to their homes for a meal.

It's also good of poor people between Arab & African  community but they didn't have any choice after raiding of Locust & eating everything by locusts so they had too eat locusts instead of their eaten food by them but in Iran & Pakistan locust raid is limited to southern parts not whole country so people had access other foods for eating after their raid .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 6:26 AM, Haji 2003 said:

23268480-field-cricket-on-white-.jpg?ver

Plz I have one life don’t take it 

Edited by ShiaChat Mod
Extremely long quote was shortened in length.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

It's also good of poor people between Arab & African  community but they didn't have any choice after raiding of Locust & eating everything by locusts

And nowadays there are various environmental risks to excess meat consumption and there is a trend towards other sources of protein. We can be ahead of the climate change curve or behind it.

Lots of threads on these forums about how Muslims are behind the curve on various modern issues and for a number of them it's better that we are. In this instance, we actually have religious belief to help us be ahead in a positive way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Aytollah Makaraem Shirrazi :

Of the insects, only eating locusts is permitted. Of course, if he gets it alive or dies in his hand. But if it reaches as dead to you, it's cautionary to not eat it.

^ Is he the only marja who says this? Otherwise, would we have to ask if the flour would be dead or alive?

On 8/12/2019 at 7:55 AM, Haji 2003 said:

Available as a flour:

https://www.crickethop.com

Edited by Hameedeh
Just asking. My marja is Ayatullah Khamenei.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 6:26 AM, Haji 2003 said:

Eid Mubarak everyone

I wanted to share this gift with you, that you will enjoy eating. Inshallah.

In case you had any doubts about eating these, I have found out the following, because I love you all.

Eid Mubarak. :love:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Is he the only marja who says this? Otherwise, would we have to ask if the flour would be dead or alive?

Salam it's a general ruling about it but I found it from him but all Shia marjas agree that we only can eat locust that catch alive by a Muslim & killed /died after catching by a  Muslim & we can't  accept dead locust that collected by non Muslims even says that takes  it alive   & locust must be  mature enough that can flies not dead locust or immature locust  that means we only use products from  locust that have Halal mark although at the end it's a disgusting thing & I only eat it when if I don't eat it I would die from hunger.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam it's a general ruling about it but I found it from him but all Shia marjas agree that we only can eat locust that catch alive by a Muslim & killed /died after catching by a  Muslim & we can't  accept dead locust that collected by non Muslims even says that takes  it alive   & locust must be  mature enough that can flies not dead locust or immature locust  that means we only use products from  locust that have Halal mark although at the end it's a disgusting thing & I only eat it when if I don't eat it I would die from hunger.

Ayatullah Sistani ruling says it's ok because a business would catch many locusts alive in order to sell them. Beware a nonMuslim trying to give you a dead one.

Issue 2631: If a locust is caught alive by hand or by any other contrivance, it will be halal after it dies, and it is not necessary that the person catching it should be a Muslim, or should have uttered the name of Allah while catching it. But, if a non-Muslim is holding a dead locust in his hand, and it is not known whether or not he caught it alive, it will be haraam even if he claims that he had caught it alive. 

https://www.al-Islam.org/printpdf/book/export/html/18660

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Haji 2003 Reply finally arrived after six weeks

Quote

 

Istifta Section - Office of His Eminence Al-Sayyid Ali Al-Sistani <english@alsistani.org>
Sep 20, 2019, 9:25 AM (3 days ago)
to me

 

In the Name of Allah, the Most High

حرام است

They are forbidden.

May Allah grant you success.

www.Sistani.org

Istifta Section - Office of His Eminence Al-Sayyid Ali Al-Sistani

 

From: xxxxxxxxx [mailto: xxxxxxx@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2019 3:20 PM
To: Istifta Section - Office of His Eminence Al-Sayyid Ali Al-Husseini Al-Sistani
Subject:

 

Name: xxxxx
Email: xxxxxxx@gmail.com
Country: Pakistan -
Gender: Female
Your tracking number: 892521
Subject:
—————————

Question: Salam,

Locusts are halal but are crickets and grasshoppers also halal?

W/s

Preferred response language: English

 

 

Edited by starlight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...