Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Difference between Imam and friday Imam ?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

:salam:

So basically today the khutba was made by a designated brother in the absence of the resident Imam.

After delivering his sermons, when prayer set in he declared that we would pray dohr and not jumu`a (4 rakaats insteada of the usual 2 rakaat prayer). His justification was that he was meet the requirements for leading salat al Jumu`a.

Yet he did lead us in both salat al dohr and `asr.

Is there a difference of requirements ? I had the feeling that it made no difference whether you lead a daily jama`a or a jumu`a prayer.

Edited by realizm
  • Advanced Member
20 minutes ago, realizm said:

I looked around and didn't personally see any extra conditions for Imamah between Jama'ah and Jumu'ah with both Al-Sistani and Al-Khoei. 

Edited by Sumerian
  • Veteran Member
9 minutes ago, realizm said:

brother excuse me but I am ignorant especially in such fiqh problems and Friday prayers is a difficult topic. I am not a fiqh guy like the knowledgeable brothers you have quoted me with. All I know of this matter is that the Friday prayers are supposed to have some conditions met. I am not sure if saying its sermon is also necessary to precede the prayer, maybe it is.

My advice is if you are bothered enough then contact a mujtahid and know for sure. And be thankful you have access to a proper Friday prayer. I do not where I live and if I want to pray I have to travel a considerable distance for it which I do not.

• Veteran Member
33 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

I looked around and didn't personally see any extra conditions for Imamah between Jama'ah and Jumu'ah with both Al-Sistani and Al-Khoei. 

Thanks !

23 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

brother excuse me but I am ignorant especially in such fiqh problems and Friday prayers is a difficult topic. I am not a fiqh guy like the knowledgeable brothers you have quoted me with. All I know of this matter is that the Friday prayers are supposed to have some conditions met. I am not sure if saying its sermon is also necessary to precede the prayer, maybe it is.

My advice is if you are bothered enough then contact a mujtahid and know for sure. And be thankful you have access to a proper Friday prayer. I do not where I live and if I want to pray I have to travel a considerable distance for it which I do not.

Not that bothered actually, was just curious :grin:

And yes Alhamdulillah I am grateful. Hence not really bothered. Except maybe by Shias too much detail frenzy.

Edited by realizm
  • Veteran Member

With sincerest thanks to @Mahdavist, if someone would like to read some hadiths for yourself from a very nice book:

http://www.tash?ayyu.org/ithna-ashariyya/wasail/salat

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

With sincerest thanks to @Mahdavist, if someone would like to read some hadiths for yourself from a very nice book:

http://www.tash?ayyu.org/ithna-ashariyya/wasail/salat

Thank you for your kind words brother, but I believe it is brother @Qa'im who translated these narrations. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) reward him for his efforts.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Mahdavist said:

Thank you for your kind words brother, but I believe it is brother @Qa'im who translated these narrations. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) reward him for his efforts.

Qa'im is wonderful. Thanks to him as well for his noble effort. However I thanked you for showing it to me. I have benefited from it.