Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
starlight

Facing threats

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Darth Vader said:

These capitalists always praise things that makes people start buying the stupidest of their products like cat foods, cat diapers, cat shampoo, cat licking device, cat comb, cat toys, cat jewelry, cat this dog that, so much garbage. And there is always miraculous scientific claims attached which indicates the benefits.

When a cat gives you disease you buy more medicine, you clean more, you waste more of your precious time, worshiping your najis cat day after day without ever knowing why. And it all profits them. All they care about is money and control over your life.

Cats are like baby, what are you talking about? :cry:

3 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

These capitalists always praise things that makes people start buying the stupidest of their products like cat foods, cat diapers, cat shampoo, cat licking device, cat comb, cat toys, cat jewelry, cat this dog that, so much garbage. And there is always miraculous scientific claims attached which indicates the benefits.

When a cat gives you disease you buy more medicine, you clean more, you waste more of your precious time, worshiping your najis cat day after day without ever knowing why. And it all profits them. All they care about is money and control over your life.

pathetic .

A few people have been so desperate defending cats. Your stubbornness is astounding. Cat saliva and hair invalidate your prayers, you have read the fatwas and it is enough, and cats shed a lot of hair. I have told you I have had cats in the past so I know. They shed their hair all over your house. In your chair, on your beds, on the rug, on your clothes everywhere they go. Its undeniable. So for an also useless animal you have domesticated as your pet you sacrifice your best form of worship and that animal does not profit you at all rather it is the carrier of horrible diseases like brain parasites and rabies. So totally irrational behavior. If you were defending, say, goats which are halaal and actually kept by Prophets that would be an entirely different story. Even dogs are allowed as pets provided you keep them outside your rooms and use them for protecting your premises or for hunting. Cats have no purpose at all and they are no doubt najis like most animals because even three of their hair on your clothes, according to Seestani, invalidate the prayers. Why are you people so upset about that? Did I write the laws? I simply unfold the reality of cats without bias and it has made you enemies.

Look at your arguments. First, you believe and quote non-Islamic unheard of stories of a "muezzah" cat. You copy paste its absurd story. A four legged animal can bow? A man who often could not eat for days and wore sheets of clothes to cover himself "cut the sleeve of his shirt to not awaken a sleeping cat". Says one of your western role models baselessly. Blasphemous. Sad state you people are in. Cat drinking zam-zam water and so it must be a sacred animal. Cat on a sacred hill. Even poisonous snakes may also live there. The fact that Abu Sufyan and Abu Huraira who are both vehicles of conspiracies against Islam also had and liked cats, mentioning those historical facts upsets you and makes the messenger your enemy. How irrational. So shameful.

Do you even know how to debate? Do you have invented a way to make your cats not shed hair to take care of the big problem of its hair shedding all over? Do you check their behinds with a microscope to make sure there are no T. gondii brain parasites present on your cat? Do you even care?

No.

You just want to act like little children. Well, fine. Doesn't change a thing. Funny thing is that starlight the starter of this thread named the demand of her children to have a kitten in her home as a "threat" and named her thread that way, then she told us she did not change her mind about cats and refused to have one infest her house. She is a doctor. Learn from people like us. It is not personal. Why do you make it so? Very sad but oh well.

22 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

A few people have been so desperate defending cats. Your stubbornness is astounding. Cat saliva and hair invalidate your prayers, you have read the fatwas and it is enough

Nice thesis.

Your irony and hypocrisy is what is astounding. No one here is denying the rulings that these things can invalidate salah.

I sought to address your: 

A) self proclaimed fatwa that cats are najis (I have asked you nicely to stop spreading falsehood, fear Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى))

B) your misunderstanding of the ruling itself

This whole thread is a broken record of you acting like a stubborn mule arguing whilst being shown grand ayatollahs like Sistani and Hakim that it is permissable to own cats and that they are not najis

In addition to a quote by Ayatollah Khui explaining the reason behind the cat hair ruling (it's to do with wearing of animals haram to eat). Your misreading of Ayatollah Khamenai is no valid argument that cats are najis when I showed you a reply from his office saying they are tahir but hair/saliva invalidate salah.

All one can take from this is to be extra cautious when having them in the house (as they are allowed in our homes by our maraji).

36 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

they are no doubt najis like most animals because even three of their hair on your clothes, according to Seestani, invalidate the prayers.

SubhanAllah, even this mess of a post you're still at it. 

I am not sure what your primary language is, but:

This 

Is not

reason

Behind ruling

38 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

The fact that Abu Sufyan and Abu Huraira who are both vehicles of conspiracies against Islam also had and liked cats, mentioning those historical facts upsets you

Nor upset, rather bemused. All I have asked for is the Islamic relevance or significance for us as Muslims that such people allegedly owned cats. You have yet to provide an answer.

40 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

You just want to act like little children. 

There's that irony again.

41 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

Learn from people like us. It is not personal. 

Prefer to take rulings from our actual scholars, but thanks for staying humble.

@starlight I am sure you have seen enough so lock the thread if you have reached a decision on said kitten, I for one am tired of repeating myself to someone who does not want to listen when the clear evidence has been presented. 

I wont be responding further to this person on this issue.

Because cats shed so much hair and these hair invalidate your prayers therefore they are nijasah in your house. Your whole family lives in cat hair and brain parasites if there is a cat living in the house. Why is that so difficult to understand? They are not worth it at all guys. By religion or science. But you will not understand this simple reason and keep being drama queens. Fine. Everybody is enjoying that.

31 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

Because cats shed so much hair and these hair invalidate your prayers therefore they are nijasah in your house. Your whole family lives in cat hair and brain parasites if there is a cat living in the house. Why is that so difficult to understand? They are not worth it at all guys. By religion or science. But you will not understand this simple reason and keep being drama queens. Fine. Everybody is enjoying that.

I’m honored I’m a drama queen 

17 minutes ago, Noor Taleb said:

I’m honored I’m a drama queen 

Sure but it does not help your side. Rather it harms it. Sure cats are furry and children like to hold or pet animals, I can understand. But it is not worth so seriously risking your prayers. Because no what the owner does, cats will shed -a lot- of hair and only offer a big problem.

4 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

This 

Is not

reason

Behind ruling

Brother, you have it all wrong. Rather the ruling about cat hair or saliva invalidating prayers indicates and support what I have stated. I pray that people would try to understand with a cool mind, for their own sake.

33 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

Brother, you have it all wrong. Rather the ruling about cat hair or saliva invalidating prayers indicates and support what I have stated. 

Akhi, I'll just have to close on this with what our ulema say.

This is not about disputing prayer validity, rather that the cat is inherently pure (taahir) as opposed to impure based on your reasoning and rationale. It also again proves my arhument for the reason behind the ruling regarding prayer.

These are two of the top marja in Najaf of the Big 4. I pray this settles this insha'Allah. 

http://www.alhakeem.com/en/questions/718

Question :

Is it permissible to keep a cat as a pet? Is their hair najis?

Answer :

It is permissible to keep a cat as a pet and its hair is not najis. But if cat hair sticks to one’s clothes his prayer is invalid as an obligatory precaution.

http://www.alhakeem.com/en/questions/882

Question :

What is the ruling regarding cat's hair? Is it tahir so long as I do not know it to be najis? And can I pray while I have cat hair on my clothes or body?

Answer :

Yes, the hair of a cat is regarded as Tahir unless it is known to have become Najis. But the prayer is invalid based on an obligatory precaution if the individual has on his body or clothes any part of an animal whose meat is impermissible to eat - like a cat - even if it is hair or fur.

https://www.Sistani.org/english/qa/01130/

1Question: Can I keep a cat, hamster, and rabbit in my house?

Answer: There is no problem in it,
Note: The body and the salive of the cat, rabbit, and hamster is ritually pure (Tahir), yet its urine, feaces, and blood are Najis
Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

9 hours ago, starlight said:

Okay. Enough.

I never got so many different reactions for one post before!! 

P.S  Don't get excited.The thread is still locked.  :dry:

rps20190816_165503_736.thumb.jpg.ee46d106416804e152195ec343b4efd1.jpgrps20190816_165306.thumb.jpg.88a24e859ca8737b29f56be964b2065e.jpg

Meet Marvolo and Ben!

Currently roaming freely on my king size bed while I am perched on an edge trying to take a nap without falling off. 

I suggested the names 'peri peri chicken' and 'chicken tikka' but that seemed to offend my children..any idea why? :blush:

16 minutes ago, starlight said:

Meet Marvolo and Ben!

But why did you buy a chick? Please make sure you won’t smash them by mistake or eat them when they grow up and becomes fat.  

Edited by starlight

On 8/10/2019 at 4:45 AM, starlight said:

I never got so many different reactions for one post before!! 

P.S  Do get excited.The thread is still locked.  :dry:

sometimes

On 8/9/2019 at 5:05 PM, Noor Taleb said:

04A5A49F-FBDC-49A6-96EC-7379C36B5C66.thumb.jpeg.b197fe0d36ecd15efb6b3ac0cd23dc85.jpeg

What type of man cook like that & what is it that they were cooking with so much fire?

593497246_images(1).jpeg.16ff7399e802cca2189adf80388d1194.jpeg

1 hour ago, starlight said:

I suggested the names 'peri peri chicken' and 'chicken tikka' but that seemed to offend my children..any idea why? :blush:

They don't have any plan to eat their favourite pets anytime soon.
Perhaps they want to emerge as a new superhero riding on their chicken to save the world.

The CHICKENMAN! 

IMG_20190816_194950_328.jpg

54 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Good idea man.

Starlight can get her kids to behave real easy now.  All she has to do is threaten to get a cat so they can watch the cat chase the chicks.

:egg:"Another victory for Propaganda."

:dwarf:"And don't forget to call Hasan the Horrible when its time to eat those chickens."

1 hour ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Kitten is still our no.1 but my kids want to be all hands on with their pets, cuddling, kissing,tucking in bed and with less than satisfactory vet services where I live I couldn't risk having one.

On 8/16/2019 at 5:08 PM, starlight said:

Meet Marvolo and Ben!

Excellent choice. Of the two recommended domesticated animals I know of (other being pigeons). A few months from now you even get eggs for free daily, and if there is a male, a free mo'azzin and call right at the break of fajr. :woot: