Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
starlight

Facing threats

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

What's wrong with that? We all poison so many insects and other vermin most of them aren't as dangerous. Why should cats be an exception?

So your now claiming cats (which have been domesticated by us thousands of years ago) are now more dangerous to us than the aforementioned? Based on this one study that shows parasites can cause us to become entreprenurial and risk takers and study Business Management? 

I mean I should not be so surprised you did after all try to show how unIslamic owning cats was because a TV drama had "solid references" that Abu Sufyan owned a cat once.

Hmmm you did say you were a cat person. Maybe those brain controlling parasites already got to you.

arquillian_mib_the_resistance.jpg

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

1 minute ago, Noor Taleb said:

We poison insects because they infest our homes so its a compulsion not a choice , so indeed cats are an exception.

They share our homes but do they give you brain parasites that cause this like cats:

17 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

An analysis of students in the US has found that those who have a certain type of brain parasite are more likely to be majoring in business studies.

Toxoplasma gondii is a protozoan parasite carried by cats. It can infect people through contact with cat faeces, poorly cooked meat, or contaminated water, and as many as one-third of the world’s population may be infected. The parasite doesn’t make us feel sick, but it forms cysts in the brain where it can remain for the rest of a person’s life. Some studies have linked infection with the parasite to slower reaction times, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, suicidal behaviour, and explosive anger.

Now an assessment of almost 1300 US students has found that those who had been exposed to the parasite were 1.7 times more likely to be majoring in business. In particular, they were more likely to be focusing on management and entrepreneurship than other business-related areas.

The study also found that professionals attending business events were almost twice as likely to have started their own business if they were T. gondii positive, and that countries with a higher prevalence of T. gondii infection show more entrepreneurial activity.

The team behind the study say their data suggests that the parasite may be involved in reducing a person’s fear of failure and high-risk, high-reward ventures. Rodents infected with T. gondii are known to become less fearful of encountering cats.

Journal reference: Proceedings of the Royal Society B, DOI: 10.1098/rspb.2018.0822

Where is your reason?

@Darth Vader A man once came to Prophet Muhammad (S) carrying with him his belongings and a box. He said, “O Prophet! While I was passing through a jungle, I heard the voice of some bird's babies. I took them and put them in this box. The moment I did that, their mother came fluttering round my head.”

And the Prophet said, “Put them down”. When the man put the box on the ground, the mother of the young birds joined them. Seeing this, the Prophet asked the man who now had a look of surprise on his face, “Are you surprised by the affection of the mother towards her young? I swear by Him (Almighty Allah) who has sent me, surely, God is more loving to his servants than the mother to these young birds. Return these baby birds to the place from where you took them, and let their mother be with them.”

“Fear God with regard to animals”, said the Prophet of Islam, “ride them when they are fit to be ridden, and get off their backs when they are tired; surely, there are rewards for being kind and gentle to animals, and for giving them water to drink.”

https://www.al-Islam.org/Islamic-stories/care-animals

6 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

So your now claiming cats (which have been domesticated by us thousands of years ago) are now more dangerous to us than the aforementioned? Based on this one study that shows parasites can cause us to become entreprenurial and risk takers? 

I mean I should not be so surprised you did after all try to show how unIslamic owning cats was because a TV drama had "solid references" that Abu Sufyan owned a cat once.

Hmmm you did say you were a cat person. Maybe those brain controlling parasites already got to you.

arquillian_mib_the_resistance.jpg

I'll let the readers decide for themselves. For 1000s of years we have been generally pretty ignorant so that excuse is lame.

2 minutes ago, Noor Taleb said:

@Darth Vader A man once came to Prophet Muhammad (S) carrying with him his belongings and a box. He said, “O Prophet! While I was passing through a jungle, I heard the voice of some bird's babies. I took them and put them in this box. The moment I did that, their mother came fluttering round my head.”

And the Prophet said, “Put them down”. When the man put the box on the ground, the mother of the young birds joined them. Seeing this, the Prophet asked the man who now had a look of surprise on his face, “Are you surprised by the affection of the mother towards her young? I swear by Him (Almighty Allah) who has sent me, surely, God is more loving to his servants than the mother to these young birds. Return these baby birds to the place from where you took them, and let their mother be with them.”

“Fear God with regard to animals”, said the Prophet of Islam, “ride them when they are fit to be ridden, and get off their backs when they are tired; surely, there are rewards for being kind and gentle to animals, and for giving them water to drink.”

https://www.al-Islam.org/Islamic-stories/care-animals

Animals are to be treated according to their virtues and kept in their places where they belong. Why harm innocent birds? A brain parasite infestation on the other hand should be destroyed. Just as a venomous snake or a rabid dog has to be destroyed. It is a necessary evil.

6 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

They share our homes but do they give you brain parasites that cause this like cats:

Where is your reason?

Your the only one giving me brain parasites. :book:

Just now, Darth Vader said:

Animals are to be treated according to their virtues and kept in their places where they belong. Why harm innocent birds? A brain parasite infestation on the other hand should be destroyed. Just as a venomous snake or a rabid dog has to be destroyed. It is a necessary evil.

Why harm innocent cats? 

8 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

You easily misread and misunderstand things, which anyone reading this thread will see based on your misreading of rulings by maraji. (Which is you are still incorrectly believing cat fur and saliva to be najis).

Just because they have the capability of spreading said parasite, does not mean they necessarily have it, or that the human has caught it, which is not as straight forward as you seem to think.

Cats become infected by Toxoplasma gondiiby eating the immature forms of the parasite contained within the muscle or organ tissue of other infected animals, such as mice.

Those immature forms, or cysts, mature inside the cat’s intestines and are excreted in the cat’s feces.  If another animal—including a human---inadvertently consumes those feces, they will be come infected with toxoplasmosis.

https://www.petsandparasites.org/cat-owners/toxoplasmosis/

People become infected by inadvertently ingesting the organism in the contaminated feces of infected cats, and also through eating raw or undercooked meats that contain the parasite’s immature forms.  The risk of contracting toxoplasmosis can be diminished by thoroughly cooking foods, and also by avoiding contact with infectious cat feces. 

Ok done. My cats go outside to do their business. 

If you have more exotic culinary habits then I'd understand your cause for concern and self preservation.

6 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Where is your reason?

Do all cats carry parasites? 

There is treatment you can provide instead of killing.

17 minutes ago, Noor Taleb said:

alhamdulillah

Pigeons,sparrows,ducks,hens,parrots--> psittacosis.

Cats --> toxoplasmosis.

Goats --> Q fever

Humans --> ..........   

Edited by starlight

8 minutes ago, Noor Taleb said:

Why harm innocent cats?  

Err...To protect the brain, you know, its, like, good to have in a person's body? I only suggested getting rid of it to someone living in danger of it while not knowing. I believe it is incomparably better for their cat to be removed by any means necessary instead of any tragedy occurring. Its rather far more necessary than crushing a cockroach or whacking a spider in your house because in this case you actually have the motive of self preservation. I have listed Islamic and scientific and practical reasons with references. People of sound minds will appreciate the warning. Nobody wants to be suicidal, angry, reckless, bipolar, schizo etc that T. gondii from a cat is liable to make them. Eliminating that risk is worth wiping out all cats from the neighborhood In my humble opinion let alone just one. That way you protect your neighbors as well.

Now I know you and Prop are angery because you love cats very much. But I have invited you to reason, and nothing else. Of course you can reject it if you will. I have done my duty by offering constructive and good advice. The brain parasite, the najis hair, and yes, Abu Sufyan did keep a black cat as pet (no idea why it upset Prop). Shaheed -e- Kufa in each episode shows a very long list of authentic Islamic references anyone interested can see. Personally I did not deem it worth the time because there is really not enough controversy about this. Cats should be avoided provided you are reasonable.

20 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

My cats go outside to do their business. 

And they wipe and do astanja and keep their behinds shaved?

Oh man. lol

That's it. I'm not debating more. I have been comprehensive. No need to hijack starlight's thread.

Edited by Darth Vader

4 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

I have listed Islamic and scientific and practical reasons with references.

You've misunderstood Marja rulings, mentioned a TV series but have failed to explain what relevance of Abu Sufyan owning a cat means for us as Muslims, and misunderstood how humans contract parasites from cats and how common this actually occurs. If you are a very paranoid, risk averse person, I can see why you would avoid cats like the plague. However you have stated why you have this opinion and feel you have fulfilled a duty in warning others. I am sure the forum appreciates your efforts.

3 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

You've misunderstood Marja rulings, mentioned a TV series but have failed to explain what relevance of Abu Sufyan owning a cat means for us as Muslims, and misunderstood how humans contract parasites from cats and how common this actually occurs. If you are a very paranoid, risk averse person, I can see why you would avoid cats like the plague. However you have stated why you have this opinion and feel you have fulfilled a duty in warning others. I am sure the forum appreciates your efforts.

Ok.

:surrender:

:blabla:

**Puts on glasses to read marja ruling again very carefully this time*** :coffee:

sfdsfdsf.png.095d5f99ef9b868b3802c32bb83e4d11.png

Ok. You win!~

:blabla:

:surrender:

Edited by Darth Vader

2 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Err...To protect the brain, you know, its, like, good to have in a person's body? I only suggested getting rid of it to someone living in danger of it while not knowing. I believe it is incomparably better for their cat to be removed by any means necessary instead of any tragedy occurring. Its rather far more necessary than crushing a cockroach or whacking a spider in your house because in this case you actually have the motive of self preservation. I have listed Islamic and scientific and practical reasons with references. People of sound minds will appreciate the warning. Nobody wants to be suicidal, angry, reckless, bipolar, schizo etc that T. gondii from a cat is liable to make them. Eliminating that risk is worth wiping out all cats from the neighborhood In my humble opinion let alone just one. That way you protect your neighbors as well.

Now I know you and Prop are angery because you love cats very much. But I have invited you to reason, and nothing else. Of course you can reject it if you will. I have done my duty by offering constructive and good advice. The brain parasite, the najis hair, and yes, Abu Sufyan did keep a black cat as pet (no idea why it upset Prop). Shaheed -e- Kufa in each episode shows a very long list of authentic Islamic references anyone interested can see. Personally I did not deem it worth the time because there is really not enough controversy about this. Cats should be avoided provided you are reasonable.

k.

3 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

Cats and demonic possession

^ just to make this debate more interesting.

@Noor Taleb where's the popcorn emojis at?

Lol I have no idea where the emoji at my request for more emojis was rejected sadly :hahaha:

11 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

With regards to the cat's hair, see the mas'ala on "dress for prayer" in the risalahs of the maraji`. Ayatullah Khu`I, for example, says: The dress for prayer should "not be from the parts of the animal whose meat is not halal...this would also apply to the hair found on the cloths, etc." (Minhaju 's-Salihiyn, vol. 1, p. 138) Cat is surely an animal whose meat is not halal, and, therefore, its hair should not be on the dress of one who wants to do salat.

https://www.al-Islam.org/ask/according-to-sharia-are-we-allowed-to-keep-cats-as-pets

Lol bruh.

This is what I have spent the past few pages trying to explain to someone, to no avail. Which confirms my point. Cat hair is not najis but clothes in prayer cannot be from animals haram to eat.

15 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam , the most famous person in Islamic history for keeping cat is  Abu Hurairah

The actual name for Abu Hurairah  is 'Abd al-Rahman ibn Sakhr Al Azdi. Abu Hurairah was born in Baha, Yamen into the Banu Daws tribe from the region of Tihamah on the coast of the Red Sea. When he was a child ..., he had a Cat and became known as "Abu HURAIRAH" (which you know means "Father of the kitten" 

He had two given names, used at different times: “Servant of the Sun” and “Servant of Allah”. In the Age of Ignorance his given name was Abd Al-Shams, Servant of the Sun while his nickname was Abu Hurairah," Father of kitten". The Holy Prophet continued calling him by his nickname; however, Abu Hurairah changed his name to Abdurrahman, Servant of Allah

�ت�ج� تص��ر� برا� �cat+abu hurairah��

http://heartkitty.blogspot.com/2012/08/cats-in-Islam.html

His surname was Abu Hurayra because of a small cat he was fond of.5Perhaps it was because of his fondness of his cat that he narrated a tradition that Prophet Muhammad (S.) had said: “A woman would be in Hell because of a cat. She tied it. She neither fed it nor let it feed on ground’s insects.”6Aa’isha (the Prophet’s (S.) wife) denied this tradition as you will read it at its place of this book, inshAllah ((سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى).).

https://www.al-Islam.org/Abu-hurayra-abdul-hussayn-sharafiddeen-al-musawi/his-name-and-genealogy

ÙتÛج٠تصÙÛØ±Û Ø¨Ø±Ø§Û âªprophet muhammad catâ¬â

Love of cats a sign of faith in Islam

ISTANBUL
Published10.12.201721:19
Updated11.03.201817:34

A painting depicting an Ottoman feeding street cats and dogs with meat.

A painting depicting an Ottoman feeding street cats and dogs with meat.

Cats are known to be ungrateful while dogs are renowned for their loyalty. However, this is not the case in Islamic-Turkish culture, where cats and dogs held a place completely different

https://www.dailysabah.com/feature/2017/12/11/love-of-cats-a-sign-of-faith-in-Islam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_and_cats

Story no. 19: The hungry and thirsty cat
Outside the house, the cat said “Mew Mew”.
The children of the house, Amin and Fizza said “I think the cat is hungry and thirsty.”
With their mother’s permission they took a piece of meat and a container of water and kept it in the garden.
The cat saw that and came slowly to the food and finished it off.
Their mother said “Bravo, my good children”.
I have heard that once the Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) had given away his ablution water to a cat and therefore quenched the thirst of all animals.

https://www.al-Islam.org/morals-children-and-young-Mohammed-mehdi-taj-langaroodi/story-no-19-hungry-and-thirsty-cat

https://www.al-Islam.org/once-upon-time-there-was-no-other-than-God/kittens

Yes we are allowed to keep them as pets, there is no evidence in the Shari'ah which prohibits having cats as pets. But we have to be carefull that we do not pray with the cat hairs on our body or cloths of prayer.

With regards to the cat's hair, see the mas'ala on "dress for prayer" in the risalahs of the maraji`. Ayatullah Khu`I, for example, says: The dress for prayer should "not be from the parts of the animal whose meat is not halal...this would also apply to the hair found on the cloths, etc." (Minhaju 's-Salihiyn, vol. 1, p. 138) Cat is surely an animal whose meat is not halal, and, therefore, its hair should not be on the dress of one who wants to do salat.

https://www.al-Islam.org/ask/according-to-sharia-are-we-allowed-to-keep-cats-as-pets

In the ship, there were a lot of rats. Allah revealed to Nuh to pat the lion. The lion sneezed and two cats, a male and a female emerged from its nasal openings. They attacked the rats and reduced their number. Then Nuh patted that elephant with his blessed hand. It sneezed and at these two pigs, a male and a female came out of the two nasal openings because of which the facial matter was eliminated.

A reliable tradition related from Imam Ja‘far as-Sadiq says that the people of Nuh complained to him about the pestilence of rats. Allah ordered the tiger and it sneezed. A cat fell out of its nose. When the people complained about waste matter Allah ordered the elephant. It sneezed, and pigs dropped out from its nose.

https://www.al-Islam.org/hayat-al-qulub-vol-1-allamah-Muhammad-Baqir-al-majlisi/account-nuh

Bahlool gave a loud laugh and said, “O Haroun! Yours and that fraud's story is exactly like the tale of the rooster, the old woman and the fox.”

“Tell me whatever the story of the rooster, the old woman, and the fox is.”

“It is said that a wild cat snatched an old woman's rooster. That old woman kept running behind the cat, screaming, 'Come and help me! The cat is taking my one ton- pound rooster!'

“The cat got worried and said, 'O woman! Why did you lie, this rooster isn't as heavy as you said.'

“Coincidentally, a fox appeared. It said to the cat, 'Why are you worried and distressed?'

“The cat narrated what had occurred.

“The fox said, 'Put the rooster on the ground so that I can tell you its weight.'

“As soon as the cat put the rooster on the ground, the fox picked it up, and, while running, said, 'Tell the old woman that my feet say this rooster weighs more than a ton.'“

Haroun Rashid laughed a lot at Bahlool's story and praised him.

https://www.al-Islam.org/sv/node/13954

�ت�ج� تص��ر� برا� �abu huraira+cat��

American Abuhuraira 

�ت�ج� تص��ر� برا� �abu huraira+cat��

MAy Allah Reward you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Noor Taleb

https://www.bbc.co.United Kingdom/news/United Kingdom-england-49252191

Remarkable kitties whose owners say have transformed - or even saved - their lives have earned nominations to be crowned top cat.

Finn, from Coventry in the West Midlands, lost his father to cancer just weeks after his diagnosis. The 13-year-old, who has Asperger syndrome, became increasingly withdrawn, his mother Gayle said.

But within an hour of meeting eight-year-old stray Jeffree "the change in Finn's outlook was remarkable", she said.

The pair formed a close bond, helping Finn cope with his loss and giving him a purpose in life.

2 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

These capitalists always praise things that makes people start buying the stupidest of their products like cat foods, cat diapers, cat shampoo, cat licking device, cat comb, cat toys, cat jewelry, cat this dog that, so much garbage. And there is always miraculous scientific claims attached which indicates the benefits.

When a cat gives you disease you buy more medicine, you clean more, you waste more of your precious time, worshiping your najis cat day after day without ever knowing why. And it all profits them. All they care about is money and control over your life.

1 hour ago, Darth Vader said:

worshiping your najis cat day after day without ever knowing why. 

ohmtqHjE.jpgThis has already been debunked by myself and others using Islamic sources.

Please take heed to the quote of Imam Al Sadiq (عليه السلام) you mentioned earlier and stop spreading falsehood, DIY fatwas. K thanks.

Which cat traumatised you in your earlier years? Damn son.