Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
starlight

Facing threats

Rate this topic

Salam everyone, 

I am being forced against my will, coerced, threatened, pressurised and now finally blackmailed into buying a very cute, cuddly but outrageously expensive, (according to my standards) white kitten.

I have tried to hold up as long as I could but I am tired of the daily bugging. I don't want animals inside the house because I want to keep the whole house clean and I don't want anyone stepping with their dirty little paws into my namaz area!!! Nor do I enjoy four legged creatures suddenly jumping up on me from nowhere. 

Help friends! Tell me the meanest parental tactics you can know of to save myself from the furry little calamity about to invade my peaceful life.

8 minutes ago, starlight said:

Help friends! Tell me the meanest parental tactics you can know of to save myself from the furry little calamity about to invade my peaceful life.

faKgls4.gif

Sorry I'm siding with the kids.

Also if you do get a plain white cat, ensure you put sunscreen on the tips of its ears as they are prone to sunburn or worse, skin cancer.

Disclaimer: this is not to be used as a tactic in not getting a kitten.

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

18 minutes ago, starlight said:

For information please

https://www.wikihow.com/Keep-Cats-Out-of-the-House

23 minutes ago, starlight said:

Salam everyone, 

I am being forced against my will, coerced, threatened, pressurised and now finally blackmailed into buying a very cute, cuddly but outrageously expensive, (according to my standards) white kitten.

I have tried to hold up as long as I could but I am tired of the daily bugging. I don't want animals inside the house because I want to keep the whole house clean and I don't want anyone stepping with their dirty little paws into my namaz area!!! Nor do I enjoy four legged creatures suddenly jumping up on me from nowhere. 

If your burying cat. Be sure to keep separate clothes for Salah as I have read that too many cat hair invalidate your prayer.

@Propaganda_of_the_Deed Thank you! I was fully expecting a dagger in the back from you(sarcastic, overly dramatic tone)

50 minutes ago, Faruk said:

Cats are blessed animals.

But they always remind me of a cat lover hadith narrator. :dry:

39 minutes ago, Flying_Eagle said:

If your burying cat. 

Ah....I wish! Soon soon... (evil grin)

Draw up a contract for a physical space (preferably no larger than 2 square metres) that the cat is allowed to move around in in the house, and the minute the cat violates that with or without the willful neglect of the cat owners, return the cat to the store or give it out. 

The cat WILL normally violate the rule within a few hours. 

@starlight l read Muslim2010 above.

lf you try some scent tricks like with coffee, tobacco, old citrus, put them in some in your old tea bags, refrigerate several and use one ever so often.

What l do not understand is how any cat can be 'expensive' -unless it is some kind of show winner.

Edited by hasanhh
change of verb

One of my cats spends like 70% of the day outside and the other one 95% of the day outside... 

And if you end up getting it, be sure to read up on it's breed requirements. Since you've mentioned it's expensive it must be some pedigree breed which will have specific requirements unlike your regular standard moggy cat... 

First, tell the downsides and absolute uselessnesses of cats and the diseases they carry including rabies as well as their parasites which are also present in their fecal matter. You know, talk to them as if you sympathize. After that and based on those facts, express your distaste if you haven't already. Then express your love and concern and appreciate their wish to have pets and then talk about the other pets, the safe, fun and healthy sort, like fish and birds. Then take them to one of those pet shops where they sell birds and once they see those birds, those red finches (they sing so nice in the morning! And even lay eggs!) and those little parrots etc, be the poet. Then they will easily settle for a pair or two of those in a comfy cage. And you will be free of the impending doom the cat has in store for you. You do realize that if you let the kitten inside then it will do everything you don't want it to -and- it will be you who takes care of it, not the children. Its a significant added job caring for this useless animal.

Alternatively, you might have to.. sabotage the kitten at night and then blame the children for feeding it too much.

P.S.: Abu Sufyan had a pet cat.

P.S.S.: Cat hair on your clothes/prayer rug invalidate prayers. And if there is a cat in the house then all things stay covered in najis cat hair.

Edited by Darth Vader

13 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

see those birds, those red finches (they sing so nice in the morning! And even lay eggs!) and those little parrots etc,

We had those little parrots for about three years until they died. The problem is kittens are playful animals and respond to humans (if they are in the mood:dry:) whereas birds do nothing except sitting and hopping and pleasant chirping so when we had birds kids got bored quickly, ' they are always so scared,don't even want to be petted,don't want to sit on our finger' etc. 

I agree with everything you said, we had a newborn abandoned stray kitten in our home for a couple of weeks (that's how all the fassad started) and I felt like I was taking care of another baby, seriously, getting up to feed it in the night, cleaning up after it, swaddling it when it wanted to sleep. And even though it was verrry cute it was a nuisance having a kid stand guard whenever I had to pray namaz. I outwardly joined in the 'majlis' the kids held to commemorate the sad occasion of its departure but was secretly relieved. I am trying to get them agree for chicks or ducklings (if I can find them somewhere in my city)

Any other suggestions for pets?? Please bear in mind that I don't have the luxury of a spacious house in countryside like you. 

Perhaps fantail pigeons? Unlike other pets pigeons have been praised in ahadith. Then there are fish, and turtles. A little turtle can be held in the hands too and its not expensive. My girls loved their pet turtle of all their pets. Then one day they let it be in the mud outside and it just disappeared. Probably burrowed. If you visit Lahore, do visit Tollinton market and you will find many kinds of pets. I could not check out all the shops because the smell there is unbearable.

1 hour ago, Darth Vader said:

P.S.: Abu Sufyan had a pet cat.

So did the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), or at least according to some traditions

According to Islamic tradition, Muezza (or Muʿizza) (Arabic: معزة‎) was Muhammad's favorite cat.[9][10] Muhammad awoke one day to the sounds of the adhan. Preparing to attend prayer, he began to dress himself; however, he soon discovered his cat Muezza sleeping on the sleeve of his prayer robe. Rather than wake her, he used a pair of scissors to cut the sleeve off, leaving the cat undisturbed. Another story is, upon returning from the mosque, Muhammad received a bow from Muezza. He then smiled and gently stroked his beloved cat three times.[9][10]

1 hour ago, Darth Vader said:

P.S.S.: Cat hair on your clothes/prayer rug invalidate prayers. And if there is a cat in the house then all things stay covered in najis cat hair.

Cat hair is not najis in of itself and this is not the reason behind the ruling of having it on one's clothes, rather because we are not allowed to wear predatory animal fur/skin (or najis like dog and swine) or hide of an animal not slaughtered by halal, which is why some remove belts and wallets before salah.

1 hour ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

According to Islamic tradition, Muezza (or Muʿizza) (Arabic: معزة‎) was Muhammad's favorite cat.[9][10] Muhammad awoke one day to the sounds of the adhan. Preparing to attend prayer, he began to dress himself; however, he soon discovered his cat Muezza sleeping on the sleeve of his prayer robe. Rather than wake her, he used a pair of scissors to cut the sleeve off, leaving the cat undisturbed. Another story is, upon returning from the mosque, Muhammad received a bow from Muezza. He then smiled and gently stroked his beloved cat three times.[9][10]

LOL .. wikipedia? And as expected, no real references there either.

Think real hard when you read that garbage about his supposed / alleged cat pet. He would let it sleep on his robe and ruin it with its hair? And then cut it to not disturb it? Or that returning from mosque the cat bowed to him? What nonsense. But alright, stroking it "three times" sounds like something pretty authentic to Sunnis. I call it fake. Just like Haleema Saadia fake story, with no mention in any history books or early Islamic books.

I hope you take the time to research this. To me this Muezza story is nothing but blasphemy.

Try a baby goat or pigeon or goose. I had them in my childhood. And I ate them all. Pets & foods at the same time. :eat:

Edited by Stitcher

37 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

LOL .. wikipedia? And as expected, no real references there either.

Like I said some traditions. Furthermore any references to Abu Sufian allegedly owning a feline? And if true, what relevance does that even have? If he ate curry goat with rice and peas, doesn't make it haram or makrouh.

I’m against purchasing animal, since there are a lot in the streets that need love. Trust me, they are more loyal. 

Anyway, cats can kills insects as well, my cat killed more than 4 locust last month, they are useful :grin:

35 minutes ago, Stitcher said:

Try a baby goat or pigeon or goose

Baby goats are adorable but they need quite a bit of work in terms of cleaning. I had geese when I was little.(Imam Ali as had pet geese!) :NH:

38 minutes ago, Stitcher said:

I ate them all

Heartless, totally heartless! Me likes! :grin:  

Just now, Diaz said:

I’m against purchasing animal, since there are a lot in the streets that need love. Trust me, they are more loyal. 

Stray animals can be carriers of lots of diseases.

1 minute ago, Diaz said:

my cat killed more than 4 locust last month, they are useful

Did you eat them crunchy fried, the Haji2003 way? 

9 minutes ago, starlight said:

they need quite a bit of work in terms of cleaning.

True.

8 hours ago, starlight said:

Stray animals can be carriers of lots of diseases.

You should take them to the vet first, same thing to the animal that you buy from the pet shop. 

Did you eat them crunchy fried, the Haji2003 way? 

WHY DID YOU REMIND ME?? :furious:

1 hour ago, Stitcher said:

Pets & foods at the same time.

Did it confuse you when your parents were ok with you playing with these animals, but when they were on your plate they told you off for playing with your food?

Heartless, totally heartless! Me likes! :grin:  

This is not your desirable 'heartlessness', but I saw a commercial last night and thought to suggest to you the problem the advertisers were displaying.

:egg:"Tell your children that if you buy them that bleached-out fur ball, they have to keep the hair cleaned up."

You can also add the litter box.

Both are intimidating obligations  --for little naggarts.

:mod:"This is your l will take care of the CAT contract. Sign it."

"Then use your thumb print!"

3 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Pigeons are only useful for trench warfare, that and droppings in your soup. 

At least they stay outside the house which is my main gripe with keeping a cat. That, and the fact that they won't demand cuddles. 

7 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Did it confuse you when your parents were ok with you playing with these animals, but when they were on your plate they told you off for playing with your food?

Lol, nah. What confused me is - "why mommy is crying & refusing to cook & eat the meat?" Perhaps she was not heartless like me. 

At least they stay outside the house which is my main gripe with keeping a cat. That, and the fact that they won't demand cuddles. 

All fun and games until you get a thunderstorm and must bring them in. Not to mention the feathers can aggravate people with respiratory problems. I guess I been hanging with my mother too much but what's the point in keeping birds in a cage, unless you are going to eat them (chicken, quail or patridges) or something big, exotic and intelligent (e.g. Macaws or ravens)

Most birds that don't either category should be left alone and admired from afar in the cage that Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) made for them.

Guest Valor

Wait what? Why would cat hairs on clothes make the prayer void? It's not like we're wearing clothes made of cat hair!