Jump to content
In the Name of God بسم الله

Denunciation of a parent to police

Rate this topic


Maryam.It

Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member

Assalamu alaykum.

A Muslim/Muslimah can denouce to police a parent(his/her mother) for domestic violence(psychological violence) and violence on pets too(violence toward kittens anc cats in general).

The mother is a non Muslim and she practice witchcraft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

A Muslim is required to respect and love parents, but is not required to endure being abused by them. It would be best to get away from the abuse and also to remove the animals, but if that isn't possible it is permissable to involve the police. This decision can't be taken lightly, because if police are involved the entire family will be impacted. Depending on where in the world the family lives, children might be sent away to foster care.

Edited by notme
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah, even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted.

(4:135)

 

4 hours ago, Maryam.It said:

and violence on pets too(violence toward kittens anc cats in general).

Where does she live?.......I just want to talk...

neko-zamurai-1088220-1280x0.jpeg

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
7 minutes ago, Revert1963 said:

I wonder if the father is Muslim? If so I think they can't be married. I don't think God likes witchcraft if I recall.

It's not relevant. If he knows his wife is abusive and he tolerates it instead of protecting his children, he isn't a good father, regardless of his beliefs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Maryam.It said:

A Muslim/Muslimah can denouce to police a parent(his/her mother) for domestic violence(psychological violence) and violence on pets too(violence toward kittens anc cats in general).

Salam.

As it is still psychological violence, not physical. So try to be patient as much as possible and talk about it with her when she is in good mood. See if she understands her faults and agrees to change her behaviour. Who knows...maybe because of your patience she might change, although that is least likely for a witch. And remove the pets too. A lot of people dislike & feel disturbed by pets (specially dogs & cats) and it might provoke her to be violent. You can also counsel her by professionals. If nothing works then get away from there. Involving the police should be the last option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 8/1/2019 at 2:53 PM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah, even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, with what you do, Acquainted.

(4:135)

 

Where does she live?.......I just want to talk...

neko-zamurai-1088220-1280x0.jpeg

Italy...Can you came?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 8/1/2019 at 2:20 PM, notme said:

A Muslim is required to respect and love parents, but is not required to endure being abused by them. It would be best to get away from the abuse and also to remove the animals, but if that isn't possible it is permissable to involve the police. This decision can't be taken lightly, because if police are involved the entire family will be impacted. Depending on where in the world the family lives, children might be sent away to foster care.

Italy.There are not children...but I came back to my mother's house cause of the effects of her witchcraft on me...!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...