Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
2Timeless

Who do you miss?

Rate this topic

On 7/29/2019 at 4:15 PM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

I still have a bucket full of Monsters in My Pocket.

Fido Dido old 7Up ads.

Mighty Max was boy's equivalent to Polly in my Pocket...at least pre Gender Neutral days.

:salam:

Wallahi I swear I was trying to remember those Mighty Max as I was typing ! Boy version of Polly Pocket !

Man they were awesome.

:salam:

An on-topic question : is it normal that married and family life made me lose the feeling of missing people - especially friends ?

I remember longing to see some of my friends to the point I could drive a one hour ride to go and see them just one hour ot two. Now even when we have one spare week, it gets difficult to arrange a meeting.

9 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I miss the vague, electric feeling of being alive that swells within when planning for the future.

I hope you are reunited with this feeling. 

I miss the 2000s, it wasn't my childhood. I was in my 20s, but it was such a good time.

I miss George Bush, because I had the best decade of my life during his time. I guess, because of him, being dumb wasn't such a big crime.

I miss 3 companies where I worked with good people. I wasn't close friends with them and I knew they won't make any difference in my life, or help me in my bad times, but still being around them gave me hope and gave me faith in humanity. Since March of 2018, I haven't been around good people and I am losing hope. I miss having few good people in my life.

I miss my parents, I still live with them but they loved me before I got married. Now I am someone who cannot have a successful married life and cannot give them good Shia grandkids.

I miss having a career, it wasn't very successful but at least I had a career. I have no ambitions about marriage and kids. All my ambitions are related to my career and I am failing in that. 

Edited by rkazmi33

Sometimes I miss the mountains. I do love being near the ocean too, but most of my life has been in the mountains. The wide open spaces feel... too open, too exposed. And the people here are more open too, but in a strange way that I'm not used to.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:08 PM, 2Timeless said:

Salam, 

Thought it would be interesting to discuss if we miss anyone/place, why, and if we can do anything about it. 

I guess I'll start off with myself; I miss my home country, and wish I could visit it more often. Not much I can do other than wait for the holidays. 

@Ruqaya101 @Sumerian @laithAlIRAQI @3wliya_maryam @Ibn Al-Ja'abi @Simon the Canaanite @Islandsandmirrors

My maternal Grandma. :cry:

8 hours ago, notme said:

I miss the mountains. I do love being near the ocean too,

Move to Japan.

In japanese, saki means a mountain -not volcanic- that rises straight out of the sea.

9 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Move to Japan.

In japanese, saki means a mountain -not volcanic- that rises straight out of the sea.

I have a feeling those mountains would be very different from southern West Virginia and southwestern Virginia. The Appalachians are ancient, perhaps the oldest mountains in the world. 

4 minutes ago, notme said:

I have a feeling those mountains would be very different from southern West Virginia and southwestern Virginia. The Appalachians are ancient, perhaps the oldest mountains in the world. 

A lot of that place is like Seneca Rocks. You ever climb there?

3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

A lot of that place is like Seneca Rocks. You ever climb there?

No.

Don't tell my mom, she'd have a heart attack, but I used to climb Beauty Mountain at the New River Gorge. My teenage friends and I are lucky none of us ever fell. I've not done much climbing since then, only a little light hiking.

We also used to get kicked out of the Pancake House for drinking coffee and water refills but not buying food. The waitresses liked us though - all our pocket change went to tips, not to pancakes.

Good times. :)

Edit: I looked up pictures of Beauty Mountain. Now I really miss the mountains and my friends from high school.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFU8QtguFWyPwRKiRCq88

Edited by notme

home.jpg

this house--contained all of the best memories of my childhood. Weirdly enough we only lived there for 4 years, but the memories are enough to fill a lifetime. They must have coincided with my most impressionable years.

Edit: I just realized this says WHO.........awkward 

I miss who I once was. 

I miss feeling...I have been in this crazy barely there state for years. I never fully feel present or grounded. I never fully FEEL anything physical or emotionally. I feel like I’m just being dragged along by life. Like a small twig that falls into the water and is swept along. I can remember the way it was to really feel something as simple as sunlight hitting you...I feel like I’m in a dream world and I have no escape now. (I know this is depersonalization or derealization which a past therapist has mentioned may be due to my anxiety but I haven’t been diagnosed/don’t have the means for treatment)

Edited by Nevsevug

7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Did you ever go see where New River disappears inside the mountain near Romney?

Actually, no, which is strange because I had friends from near Romney. I've also never been skiing or whitewater rafting.