Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Atheism and Islam on the rise in the United Kingdom as Christianity suffers 'dramatic decline'

Rate this topic

It's true, Salafism is really leaking into the United Kingdom, most major cities have now at least one Salafi mosque, whereas in the past this didn't happen.

It's sad really because Muslims in the United Kingdom get a hard time about all the mosques opening up and how nobody would open up that many churches in Saudi Arabia or Pakistan... Yet... The same people who whinge don't turn up to their local church on a Sunday because it more than likely closed down due to lack of funds. Churches aren't cheap to keep open, that's why they close, sadly again people think Sharon Law is poisoning our government and it is they that close the churches down.

I dunno... People, can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

1 hour ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Also we need to do more in terms of propagating the authentic message of Islam. Slowly but surely.

Completely agreed. We must:

1) Solidify the core teachings of the Ahlul Bayt in existing Shia communities. 

2) Try to spread the truth to the sincere believers among our Sunni brothers and also among the Christians. 

This is essentially what the Iranians did several hundred years ago, and look how successful they were... 

I would view this as the planting of a seed that takes a long time to grow. We might not reap its fruits fully in this life, but our progeny will. And we will obviously reap its rewards in the hereafter. 

Edited by Kaya

1 hour ago, Kaya said:

I would view this as the planting of a seed that takes a long time to grow. We might not reap its fruits fully in this life, but our progeny will. And we will obviously reap its rewards in the hereafter. 

This is the best quote. I 100% agree

1 hour ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Best example in modern times, is that before the 80s there were virtually no Shia in Africa's most populated state - Nigeria.

Fast forward today, a big part due to Qom educated Shaikh Zakzaky (May Allah protect him), the Shia of Nigeria are about 3 million strong and growing. This is truly phenomenal.

I was thinking about that too!

So sad what is happening to our dear Shaykh right now... Hope God grants him relief and ease, and his situation becomes better soon. 

How could we not sure that this raise of irreligion will not be also common among people coming from Muslim background ? Do the british in this forum could not say there are probably many seculars among Pakistani and bangladeshi communities in great britain also ?

On 7/29/2019 at 10:33 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Best example in modern times, is that before the 80s there were virtually no Shia in Africa's most populated state - Nigeria.

Fast forward today, a big part due to Qom educated Shaikh Zakzaky (May Allah protect him), the Shia of Nigeria are about 3 million strong and growing. This is truly phenomenal.

Even here at my centre you see many East African reverts from Sunni backgrounds and their offspring raised as Shia.

Unfortunately I am not sure that would continue like that. Nigeria government forbidden his group and it looks like many nigerian Sunnis are now very hostile toward them.

16 minutes ago, Mohammadi_follower said:

How could we not sure that this raise of irreligion will not be also common among people coming from Muslim background ? Do the british in this forum could not say there are probably many seculars among Pakistani and bangladeshi communities in great britain also ?

Certainly Atheism and apostacy is on the rise, as a general worldwide trend too, even in the Muslim heartlands.

And in this report, it is Atheism which has seen the greatest percentage increase. Islam is growing at a much slower rate. Even then, as we said, most converts find themselves exposed to Salafism due to funding and widespread propagation.

On 7/29/2019 at 1:23 PM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Certainly Atheism and apostacy is on the rise, as a general worldwide trend too, even in the Muslim heartlands.

And in this report, it is Atheism which has seen the greatest percentage increase. Islam is growing at a much slower rate. Even then, as we said, most converts find themselves exposed to Salafism due to funding and widespread propagation.

This trend can also be seen in the US as well. Though at a slower rate. If anyone here knows of my history here on ShiaChat, they might know that I largely share many ideas and even some beliefs with the lesser religious crowd. I think that most of the newer generation does as opposed to our parents or grand parents, perhaps even among Muslims as well.

On 7/29/2019 at 6:08 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Christian belief has halved in Britain in 35 years with just one in three people now identifying as Christian - while atheism and Islam continue to rise.

When I saw the title of this topic, I imagined an elimination tournament bracket. I always imagined these two would ultimately be in the final match, with everything else falling by the wayside, so to speak.

You can sense it.

On 4/4/2020 at 2:11 PM, Reza said:

When I saw the title of this topic, I imagined an elimination tournament bracket. I always imagined these two would ultimately be in the final match, with everything else falling by the wayside, so to speak.

You can sense it.

When people think of Christianity they think of Catholicism. How to support a religion so plagued with pedophilia? People don't want to associate with it.

A pope that says hell does not exist, removes all reason for any religion. Where to turn?

1 hour ago, Son of Placid said:

A pope that says hell does not exist,

Where and When?

l know that in the 1990s, Hell was no longer mentioned in most American churches because people didn't want to hear of it. l first got this from a national TV report .

On 4/23/2020 at 7:12 PM, hasanhh said:

Where and When?

l know that in the 1990s, Hell was no longer mentioned in most American churches because people didn't want to hear of it. l first got this from a national TV report .

Yeah, if you want people to give you money they have to be encouraged to go to church. It's gone from "The milk of the word" to the popcorn. 

Pope Francis says,  "They are not punished, those who repent obtain the forgiveness of God and enter the rank of souls who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot therefore be forgiven disappear. There is no hell, there is the disappearance of sinful souls."
https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/pope-francis-there-no-hell

25 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

It's gone from "The milk of the word" to the popcorn. 

From 1st Peter or not, this phrase l never heard before. ls its use part of the Anglican populist phrasing?

52 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

From 1st Peter or not, this phrase l never heard before. ls its use part of the Anglican populist phrasing?

"As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:"
Don't know anything about Anglican populist phrases. 
The strongest Christians I know these days don't look like church goers. Don't much act like them either. Then again, they don't hide who they really are.