Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
aaaz1618

What Could You Do With $500bn?

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, Noor Taleb said:

With that much money I would probably not be sane enough to decide what to do so I will ask my dad to do what he wants honestly :)

Don't trust dads with money, they buy pointless stuff. You'd wake up with a house full of electric fans and novelty sandals.

18 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

So Saudi Arabia are building a $500bn tech city called Nyom or Neom I believe.

Just to get our heads around how huge that number is, let's play a game, what would you spend $500bn on if you were in charge of a country? 

As leader of Pakistan I would easily be able to spend all that on my country because the last two regimes you see they have pledged even our national highways and roads, our airports and seaports and all our assets to receive oceans of loans from the IMF and all that money is unaccounted for, embezelled. I would pay back that loan. With the rest of the money I would build stuff like dams and projects that produce money for the national treasury for a change instead of being run with lots of subsidy. This will then buy some decades of life for our nation, until they elect robbers again or until a satanic conjunction of chief justice, army chief and someone like GW Bush happens once more to empower robbers in the name of democracy again as they did in the mid 2000s. This is only why they always insist on democracy in other countries. Pakistan nearly imploded this year because of that conspiracy.

Of course being Pakistani I will embezzle a little bit of all that money and buy myself some offshore property or a huge estate in the countryside, an obscenely expensive rolex watch, a few bulletproof cars etc. I can not help it. And our people understand and condone that too. Its a Pakistani thing.

Spend $10 million for a decent home, car and other personal stuff. 

Put aside around $50-100 million as a personal investment. 

I'll buy a huge piece of land and convert it into forest & lakes. 

Use $50 billion for burning social issues like buying homes for poors, building hospitals and decent education system. 

I'll establish charitable trust and invest rest of $449 billion under it, so the returns would be continuous charity for millions of needy worldwide every year. 

Make a will that all my personal property and investment would be dedicated to the charity after my death except the specified amount that would be given to my children as inheritance. 

1.State funded schools, lots of them in every city and some universities so the public education mafia in Pakistan would go out of business and everyone can have equal access to good education. 

2. We already have enough doctors in Pakistan it's just the infrastructure and health management that needs an overhaul so spend some on that.

3. Industries...... Currently Pakistan is importing a lot of stuff when we have the skills and raw material to export goods. 

4. Major funds for agribusiness and farming. 

5. Alternate sources of power generation like wind turbines and solar power. 

6. Another thing I have always wanted to do is set up female only offices, recreation and workplaces where possible. 

7. I would also have a separate media cell working to produce healthy halal entertainment and videos etc for social education. I know there won't be many viewers, most would flock to the cesspool called bollywood but this is again something I have always wanted to do. 

okay............ enough of day dreaming........ :P 

On 7/29/2019 at 10:20 PM, Reza said:

So like a state budget. 

OK

I would hire a mercenary army and a mercenary police force.

Find all the corrupt people in gov't.

Give them a 'fair trial' before I hang them and/or chop hands and feet.

Set up a civil service system.

Form and build a new gov't.

Seek political asylum in a European country --like Germany.

On 7/29/2019 at 5:56 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

ibl3jpfpsi721.jpg

This is not reality. When you die you'll realise IA.

On 7/29/2019 at 10:20 PM, Reza said:

The original question was “if you were in charge of a country”, not your own personal fortune.

So like a state budget

it is difficult to say more so when the brain is not attuned to state budgets. Surely a portion for doctors without borders, either you give them  the money or ask what they need & try to get it IA.

11 minutes ago, Mzwakhe said:

it is difficult to say more so when the brain is not attuned to state budgets. 

My brain isn't even attuned to long multiplications. Responses didn't need to be highly detailed, I based my response on how much the average decent hospital costs to build in the United Kingdom and then times it by however much.

On 7/29/2019 at 2:00 PM, aaaz1618 said:

So Saudi Arabia are building a $500bn tech city called Nyom or Neom I believe.

Just to get our heads around how huge that number is, let's play a game, what would you spend $500bn on if you were in charge of a country? 

Hmmmm, that's a lot of money.

25% of it I would invest for religious, science and technology, a new form of education that will prefer an individual's talent and offer him education according to his/her interest. With education that creates inventors and thinkers with moral standings.

20% of that to invest in creating important industries which may reduce imports and involve all necessary things from automobiles till computers and make up.

20% on hospitals for free treatment for poor only. 

25% on renewable energy sources for cheap electricity.

10% in Islamic Banks that gives away loans free of interest but holds a share in business. 

Moral of the story here brothers and sisters, and remember this:

No matter what names they call you, no matter how many times they call you deviant, dirty or disbelievers... Remember this... If you had all of their riches and gold, all their opportunities and abilities, you would be a far bigger benefit to this world than them. 

1 hour ago, aaaz1618 said:

Remember this... If you had all of their riches and gold, all their opportunities and abilities, you would be a far bigger benefit to this world than them. 

Not to be a dampener, but I must say it is very easy for us to point fingers and criticise (justifiably so), but honestly, we cannot say for certain if we as individuals would be any better until we are tested with such a tempting responsibility.

I am sure all of us have first hand experience in seeing friends or family (or our own selves) how money changes people and corrupts.

It is partly why we firmly believe only a ma'soom Imam can be in power and authority. 

On 7/29/2019 at 11:00 AM, aaaz1618 said:

were in charge of a country? 

Many numbers counting are for those that can. Like billions of galaxies is something else

37 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Not to be a dampener, but I must say it is very easy for us to point fingers and criticise (justifiably so), but honestly, we cannot say for certain if we as individuals would be any better until we are tested with such a tempting responsibility.

I am sure all of us have first hand experience in seeing friends or family (or our own selves) how money changes people and corrupts.

It is partly why we firmly believe only a ma'soom Imam can be in power and authority. 

I think we get lots of opportunities to be bad and mean such as how many of us have access to net where we could watch bad stuff, I believe all of us have, but we choose not to and instead come to shiachat. Wealth is not going with us in our grave unless we spend it for good of whole humanity then it will go along us in graves in the shape of good deeds. Imam Ali (عليه السلام) says: "If you get wealth above your needs consider it is trust of others and Allah (عزّ وجلّ) has made you treasurer".