Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
musa shakr

What books should I read?

Rate this topic

I'm an adult revert, I'm interested in both books that aren't specific to Shia Islam as well as Shia specific books. I've read the Qur'an (English translation) and will finish a manual of hadith by Maulana Muhammad Ali within the next few days what should I read next. I'm not firmly Shia or Sunni and want to study in depth before I make a final decision. I only speak English but have started studying the Arabic alphabet yesterday I need books with English translation along with the Arabic or no Arabic at all.

Salamun alaikum.

You are blessed person as you came forward to embrace the true religion and seeking further knowledge. May Allah bless you with true wisdom & knowledge.

You can read "Al-murajaat"

A book containing series of letters written between a Sunni scholar and a Shia scholar regarding their own beliefs. A very good book I found for open minded readers whose judgements aren't biased by any particular belief.

You can get it from here-

https://www.al-Islam.org/al-murajaat-shii-Sunni-dialogue-sharaf-al-din-al-musawi

Islamic thought in the Qur'an by Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei is a good book to read. You can find it for free on iBook and I think the pdf is also available. Or you can buy the hardcover. 

Its just a translation though. 

Edited by Muslim Queen

18 minutes ago, Muslim Queen said:

Islamic thought in the Qur'an by Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei is a good book to read. You can find it for free on iBook and I think the pdf is also available. Or you can buy the hardcover. 

Its just a translation though. 

I don't speak a word of Arabic or Farsi the translation is whats important thanks.