In the Name of God بسم الله

Benefits of Sayed al Sistani.

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I am debating with someone on the beneficial actions that we have received from Sayed Sistani.

We can't use the fatwa against ISIS as evidence of the goodness of Sayed Sistani because any person with a brain can order people to defend themselves against enemies. Even animals defend themselves when threats are apparent.

We can't use his only book "Practical Letters" because it was originally Sayed al Khoei's book.

We can't use the fact that he approves charities because any person can approve charities. I myself will approve charities whenever I have the chance.

Thank you and bless you for your work for Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).

Edited by aaljibar

3 hours ago, aaljibar said:

I am debating with someone on the beneficial actions that we have received from Sayed Sistani.

We can't use the fatwa against ISIS as evidence of the goodness of Sayed Sistani because any person with a brain can order people to defend themselves against enemies. Even animals defend themselves when threats are apparent.

We can't use his only book "Practical Letters" because it was originally Sayed al Khoei's book.

We can't use the fact that he approves charities because any person can approve charities. I myself will approve charities whenever I have the chance.

what is this ?

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, aaljibar said:

His presence surely as a moderate Shi'a alim who gives advice on the social and political plane is enough. So many scholars at this level can easily become corrupted and cause chaos given their position. His fiqh books guide Shia Muslims across the world to help follow their Imams..

• Advanced Member
12 minutes ago, ali47 said:

So many scholars at this level can easily become corrupted and cause chaos given their position

Can you give examples of scholars going corrupt in his position?

• Advanced Member
15 hours ago, aaljibar said:

what you're saying here about sayed Sistani contradicts the title of ur thread

13 hours ago, aaljibar said:

I need some some explanation of the things that Sayed Sistani has done for the Shia

Is that not enough for you to learn that Ayotullah Seestani did his duties to which he was bound by Allah (عزّ وجلّ)? Which obligation of Allah (عزّ وجلّ) has he missed?

If there is none, then Ayotullah Seestani has pleased Allah (عزّ وجلّ). Why should he care what people think about him?

• Veteran Member

There is often this question (I think has been asked on shiachat before) as to why there are no available recitations from Sayed Sistani (rahimahullah). Well I suppose you could recite the Qur’an with beautiful loud voices and then still not know anything about its inner meanings. Further, you could even be a khariji and end up committing bloodshed:

“They are speaking the best speech that you will ever hear of any man. But they will leave Islam like an arrow leaves its prey.”

So does it really mean much?

• Advanced Member
46 minutes ago, Ejaz said:

Further, you could even be a khariji and end up committing bloodshed

He is advertising Ahmad Al -Hasan propaganda against marajis that hatred of fake Yamani against Grand Ayatollah Sistani (ha) is more than others because by his fatwas against ISIS/Daesh caused  failure of  the plans of fake Yamani & his fans in Iraq but they as Shia Muslims are hiding behind good words to deny position of Marjas specially in Iraq.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member
On 7/25/2019 at 5:03 PM, aaljibar said:

Of course we can. Common sense is not the only aspect to it. It was morally and religiously the right thing to do. For in spite of being known for being apolitical, he arguably prevented Iraq from imploding into full blown civil war (as close as it was) after the Askari shrine bombing by telling people not to retaliate, which is what the extremists wanted.

Due to his immense following and influence, masses heeded to his call, no Iraqi politician could have achieved that. Same applies to his call to fight against Daesh in Iraq.

On 7/25/2019 at 5:03 PM, aaljibar said:

And what of his Islamic Laws (Tawdih al Masa'il) book? Who most of us ShiaChat users and millions of others access online and refer to when unsure on matters of fiqh. A significant amount of the content on this forum is links referring to Sistani.org more than any marja.

I'd even argue most external links on this site are either Sistani.org or al-Islam.org.

Lastly, name a contemporary marja whose knowledge the English speaking world rely on more? We simply do not have access to most maraji of his level.

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) bless Ayatullah Sistani

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

• Veteran Member
3 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Lastly, name a contemporary marja whose knowledge the English speaking world rely on more? We simply do not have access to most maraji of his level.

That is mostly a matter of invested money, though.

3 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

he arguably prevented Iraq from imploding into full blown civil war 

That, alone, is enough to answer this thread.