Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola

Imam Ali (عليه السلام). And Fatmiah (عليه السلام).

Rate this topic

Asalaam wa laikum, 

Anyone have any Hadith sources or book sources in regards to Imam Ali and Fatimah love for each other. Read a lot of stuff about Muhammad SAW and his love for Kadhijah (عليه السلام). but feel like I haven’t read as much about them as husband and wife. 

Thank you, 

Imam Ali ((عليه السلام).) said, ‘By Allah, I did never anger her or force her to do something (unwillingly) until Allah took her to the better world. She also did never anger me nor did she disobey me in anything at all. When I looked at her, my griefs and sorrows were relieved.

https://www.al-Islam.org/life-fatimah-az-Zahra-study-and-analysis-Baqir-shareef-al-qurashi/marriage-fatimah-Imam-Ali#f_c2c9f120_38

https://www.al-Islam.org/restatement-history-Islam-and-Muslims-Sayyid-Ali-ashgar-razwy/marriage-Fatima-Zahra-and-Ali-ibn-abi

1 hour ago, starlight said:

Imam Ali ((عليه السلام).) said, ‘By Allah, I did never anger her or force her to do something (unwillingly) until Allah took her to the better world. She also did never anger me nor did she disobey me in anything at all. When I looked at her, my griefs and sorrows were relieved.

https://www.al-Islam.org/life-fatimah-az-Zahra-study-and-analysis-Baqir-shareef-al-qurashi/marriage-fatimah-Imam-Ali#f_c2c9f120_38

https://www.al-Islam.org/restatement-history-Islam-and-Muslims-Sayyid-Ali-ashgar-razwy/marriage-Fatima-Zahra-and-Ali-ibn-abi

Alhamdulilah,

Thank you for the links. Yeah I wouldn't expect anything less than upstanding wholesomeness  from Imam Ali (عليه السلام). in regards to his love and kindness towards The Prophet’s beloved daughter. Hoping to see what type of activities they shared as a couple. I read somewhere that Khadijah (عليه السلام) used to recite poems  to Muhammad SAW. I heard about a race between the two. Not sure about the source however.  

Edited by AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola

51 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

I read about how Ali used to help around the house when Fatima was tired or unwell, but I don't know the specifics. They certainly seemed happy with one another, and that's a father's wish come true.

Alhamdulilah, 

Yeah, it would be awesome to have more in dept knowledge as to them as a couple and some things they liked and shared. Whatever they shared and enjoyed as a couple would definitely be wholesome for all Believing couples. 

Edited by AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola

5 minutes ago, AbdulKarim313_Austin/Nola said:

I heard about a race between the two.

'A'ishah said: That she accompanied the Prophet on a certain journey. At that time she was a mere girl and was neither fat nor bulky. The Prophet asked the people to move on, and they marched ahead. Then the Prophet said to me, "Come on, let us have a race." 'A'ishah says that she ran and remained much ahead of him. The Prophet kept quiet for some time. Later on when 'A'ishah grew fat and loose bodied, and she forgot the previous incident. Again she accompanied the Prophet on some journey. The Prophet again asked the people to march ahead, and they moved ahead. Then the Prophet again asked her to have a race with him. This time the Prophet defeated her and she lagged behind. Now the Prophet laughed and said, "This is in reply to our previous defeat."[Ahmad, Safwat as-Safwah, vol. I, p. 68]

I'm not sure, he may have raced with Khadijah and perhaps tried it again later in life because it was something he enjoyed doing for fun.