Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
aaaz1618

Big Brands, Influencers and Islamic Fashion

Rate this topic

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/countingthecost/2019/07/big-brands-buying-Muslim-fashion-190720112602238.html

How do the sisters on ShiaChat feel about this, would you go for designer wear or stick to the Islamic brands? Do Muslim vloggers/influencers really hold the same influence?

You can see some influencer's ahem... influence on Muslim women's fashion still, but some people say that influencers aren't sincere anymore, that they have just become walking talking brand advertisers. 

Do influencers even represent the everyday Muslim woman anymore? I seem to remember hijabs being sold for ridiculous prices by certain influencers.

To the brothers, what are your views on designers getting into this market? If Dolce & Gabbana started their own brand of men's Islamic wear... Turbans let's say, how would you feel?

Odd topic I suppose.

On 7/23/2019 at 6:38 PM, aaaz1618 said:

Dolce & Gabbana

are these friends or enemies of AB(عليه السلام)? It doesn't matter that they are designers but what they promote. Some of their work are against the teachings of AB(عليه السلام). People like these should be avoided by all means necessary imo. 

hijabs being sold for ridiculous prices

You see, they put a price on hijab when it is priceless

& the sister who is wearing a priced hijab will equate her worth to the price she's wearing.

I think the solution is for Muslims to create their own big brands.

You see the problem is that parents push their children to being doctors, engineers, etc. but don’t look at art at all (graphic design, product design, fashion, etc.). Those industries always Trump how people think and we’re leaving a huge gap open for non Muslims to make trends. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/countingthecost/2019/07/big-brands-buying-Muslim-fashion-190720112602238.html

How do the sisters on ShiaChat feel about this, would you go for designer wear or stick to the Islamic brands? Do Muslim vloggers/influencers really hold the same influence?

You can see some influencer's ahem... influence on Muslim women's fashion still, but some people say that influencers aren't sincere anymore, that they have just become walking talking brand advertisers. 

Do influencers even represent the everyday Muslim woman anymore? I seem to remember hijabs being sold for ridiculous prices by certain influencers.

To the brothers, what are your views on designers getting into this market? If Dolce & Gabbana started their own brand of men's Islamic wear... Turbans let's say, how would you feel?

Odd topic I suppose.

I would go for designer wear and Islamic brands as long as they are MODEST clothing 

I don’t see much Muslim vloggers but to be honest they are fine I guess some are CRAP and take hijab as a joke and some take it off and call it freedom :dry: like it depends I feel the more westernize the people are the more influenced they become with brands and some how try to shove the fashion down our throats 

it’s sad to say but most Muslims influencers don’t represent Muslims. Some cover up so nicely yet they are MashAllah frauds :shock:

And the prices of hijab are insane where I live they really are horrific one hijab is like the same amount as a top like horrible ! And off-course these are branded scarves ugh 

:salam:

Honestly, when you think of the life of famous brand designers, you don't necessarily want to become like them. Leave that to others.

As for influencers, compare the salaries of a YouTuber with that of a previous star under contract (Madonna, Michael Jordan), and you will find influence marketing is just another more profitable way for big manufacturers to do business. Except they use laymen to sell to laymen this time.

Edited by realizm

4 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

How do the sisters on ShiaChat feel about this, would you go for designer wear or stick to the Islamic brands?

I buy clothes that are well made and suit me regardless of brand name.I I tend not to let 'influencers' or adverstising make the decision which clothes I buy. More often than not the influencers are pushing us towards buying overpriced and expensive things and since I dislike extravagance I stay away from buying ridiculously priced designer goods even when I can afford them. I always tell myself, with the money I will pay for this suit I can feed a poor family of four for a whole month, or buy a child school books. 

Designers, brands, shopping malls, everything remotely related to the consumer culture seems so fake and dunya centred that it sucks the energy out of me. 

3 hours ago, starlight said:

I buy clothes that are well made and suit me regardless of brand name.I I tend not to let 'influencers' or adverstising make the decision which clothes I buy. More often than not the influencers are pushing us towards buying overpriced and expensive things and since I dislike extravagance I stay away from buying ridiculously priced designer goods even when I can afford them. I always tell myself, with the money I will pay for this suit I can feed a poor family of four for a whole month, or buy a child school books. 

Designers, brands, shopping malls, everything remotely related to the consumer culture seems so fake and dunya centred that it sucks the energy out of me. 

Yep !!!:cuddle:

8 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

Salam , I see main problem that all brands just see Islamic design & costume as what KSA dictates to others even few Muslim designers in fashion that are form non Arab countries like as Malaysia are following KSA proxy in costume that destroys Islamic costumes & heritage of rest of Muslims countries even countries like as Malaysia because they just knew KSA proxy as Islamic proxy in this field & they are destroying  their own Islamic heritage in favor of KSA proxy.