Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Salam,

On 3/16/2012 at 3:43 PM, Nader Zaveri said:

Here is Ṣaḥīḥ (Authentic) ḥadīth:

عَلِيُّ بْنُ مُحَمَّدٍ عَنْ سَهْلِ بْنِ زِيَادٍ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عِيسَى قَالَ كَتَبْتُ إِلَى أَبِي الْحَسَنِ عَلِيِّ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ ع جَعَلَنِيَ اللَّهُ فِدَاكَ يَا سَيِّدِي قَدْ رُوِيَ لَنَا أَنَّ اللَّهَ فِي مَوْضِعٍ دُونَ مَوْضِعٍ عَلَى الْعَرْشِ اسْتَوَى وَ أَنَّهُ يَنْزِلُ كُلَّ لَيْلَةٍ فِي النِّصْفِ الْأَخِيرِ مِنَ اللَّيْلِ إِلَى السَّمَاءِ الدُّنْيَا وَ رُوِيَ أَنَّهُ يَنْزِلُ عَشِيَّةَ عَرَفَةَ ثُمَّ يَرْجِعُ إِلَى مَوْضِعِهِ فَقَالَ بَعْضُ مَوَالِيكَ فِي ذَلِكَ إِذَا كَانَ فِي مَوْضِعٍ دُونَ مَوْضِعٍ فَقَدْ يُلَاقِيهِ الْهَوَاءُ وَ يَتَكَنَّفُ عَلَيْهِ وَ الْهَوَاءُ جِسْمٌ رَقِيقٌ يَتَكَنَّفُ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْ‏ءٍ بِقَدْرِهِ فَكَيْفَ يَتَكَنَّفُ عَلَيْهِ جَلَّ ثَنَاؤُهُ عَلَى هَذَا الْمِثَالِ فَوَقَّعَ ع عِلْمُ ذَلِكَ عِنْدَهُ وَ هُوَ الْمُقَدِّرُ لَهُ بِمَا هُوَ أَحْسَنُ تَقْدِيراً وَ اعْلَمْ أَنَّهُ إِذَا كَانَ فِي السَّمَاءِ الدُّنْيَا فَهُوَ كَمَا هُوَ عَلَى الْعَرْشِ وَ الْأَشْيَاءُ كُلُّهَا لَهُ سَوَاءٌ عِلْماً وَ قُدْرَةً وَ مُلْكاً وَ إِحَاطَةً

From Muḥammad bin `Īsa said, I wrote to Abī al-Ḥasan `Alī bin Muḥammad (عليه السلام), may I be your ransom! O my master it is narrated to us that Allāh is in a pace and not in (another) place, and he is above the throne. And He descends every night during the last half of the night to the Earth’s heavents (I.e. first heaven). And it is narrated that He descends at the eve of `Arafah, then he returns to His place. And he (the narrators) said: ‘Some of your mawali have said that if he is in a place he is not in (another) place, and certainly the air has encountered Him, and surrounded Him, and the air is a thin body that surrounds everything in proportion to it. How can it (the air) surround Him (جَلَّ ثَنَاؤُهُ) in this example?

So he (عليه السلام) wrote: ‘He has knowledge of that, he is the best measure of things. You should know that when He is in the Earth’s heavens is like what he is upon the throne. All things to Him are equal in His knowledge, power, dominion and completeness

Source:

al-Kulayni, al-Kaafi, vol. 1, pg. 126, hadeeth # 4

In the above hadith, when the Imam says "He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has knowledge of that" what is the Imam (a) referring to?

6 hours ago, Follower of Ahlul Bayt said:

Salam,

In the above hadith, when the Imam says "He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has knowledge of that" what is the Imam (a) referring to?

I don't think you have translated it with accuracy.

18 hours ago, Follower of Ahlul Bayt said:

he is the best measure of things. You should know that when He is in the Earth’s heavens is like what he is upon the throne. All things to Him are equal in His knowledge, power, dominion and completeness

these words.