Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
WisdomAndAnswers

Would you accept an unattractive good man for marriage?

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, Guest Monad said:

The delusional females are back again with their Hollywood interpretation of what a man should be like and when men state what they they like, the females are in uproar. Men are so shallow and cheap.  Men are not men blah blah.

He is probably thin based on genetics and over work. OR probably has conditioned him self to eat less and fast as recommended by the religion to abstain from self abuse. Many guys are big based on excess food and having the ability of having intercourse from a young age. Means they are not stressing over violent sexual thoughts. also consider region they come from. Learn to think and observe the world and its people, might just learn something.

And when women complain about the looks of men, look at your selves in the mirror. Unless you have many guys telling you that you are a 10 then you might be on something. Other then that shutup. It is getting boring how women always subtly tell men how they should act, look and behave and yet still complain they have no rights. Stop whining and carry on slapping paint on your faces everyday.

Whoa, bit harsh brother. You need to calm down a bit. I was only advising the OP. Women have preferences just like men do. It just goes to show... Men dislike it when women pick on their faults, but when men do it to women, it's okay.

1 hour ago, Guest Monad said:

The delusional females are back again with their Hollywood interpretation of what a man should be like and when men state what they they like, the females are in uproar. Men are so shallow and cheap.  Men are not men blah blah.

He is probably thin based on genetics and over work. OR probably has conditioned him self to eat less and fast as recommended by the religion to abstain from self abuse. Many guys are big based on excess food and having the ability of having intercourse from a young age. Means they are not stressing over violent sexual thoughts. also consider region they come from. Learn to think and observe the world and its people, might just learn something.

And when women complain about the looks of men, look at your selves in the mirror. Unless you have many guys telling you that you are a 10 then you might be on something. Other then that shutup. It is getting boring how women always subtly tell men how they should act, look and behave and yet still complain they have no rights. Stop whining and carry on slapping paint on your faces everyday.

:hahaha:

This literally made my day. Thank youuu. Women are humans that have the right to be attracted to different body sizes and shapes, just like every man has the right to marry a woman he finds attractive. 

As for the OP; you only get married (for the first time) once. Marry this man if you think he will make you happy as a friend, and as a partner. If you are attracted to his body and soul completely, go for it. But don’t force a physical attraction to be there because it'll just make you and the guy miserable. It sounds harsh, but your duty is to focus on yourself. No matter how nice or kind he is, if you can’t see him being your husband  , (not a friend) then do not marry him. 

Guest Valor

Salam,

You like his personality and all other things except how skinny he is? Till Nikah is made he could increase his weight / join the gym.

@WisdomAndAnswers - Be careful, never say YES, even if you doubt your choice right now, no matter how slight your doubt is. If you are for any reason uncomfortable now, don;t expect that your feelings will change or that you will 'learn to adjust' magically after Nikaah is performed! So please think very carefully about whatever you decide.

On 7/22/2019 at 6:32 PM, WisdomAndAnswers said:

Thank you Ruqaya, I was thinking the same way. I asked my sister and she told me that I don't have a good heart for denying someone because of their looks. 

I think it's best to ask about his weight.

Thank you so much! :) 

About weight. My brother was very cautious about his weight and he started drinking 2 banana shakes glasses on morning and evening n he got 20 kgs in 9 months.

@Ashvazdanghe I just have this thing in mind. However, I would suggest @WisdomAndAnswers please don't get emotional. Skinny guys have one great tact of attracting girls that is they have heavy voice and gentle and kind before marriage that girls go crazy for them. I am not judging but ask his friends, if he is good tempered and look his company but also be aware of those friends who have nothing good to talk about him. I hope he is good.

Edited by Flying_Eagle