Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Lebanese313

Was the Prophet (saws) killed?

Rate this topic

I have heard of this too, but as with some things, there is no agreement by Twelvers on this.

I could be wrong but I thought although Prophets (such as Yahya, Zacharia (عليه السلام)) could be martyred, messengers (like Ibrahim, Eesa (عليه السلام)) could not, by the permission of Allah, despite enemies attempting to do so.

I believe the mainstream Shi'a view is that he was poisoned. Some believe two of the Prophet's wives poisoned him (e.g. Sheikh Yasser al-Habib), some believe it was a Jewish lady at Khaybar (four years before the Prophet was martyred), some believe he wasn't poisoned and died of natural causes.

I do not believe he was poisoned by a Jewish woman, seems odd how it took four years to end his life but other people died straight away. Isn't logical from a toxicological point of view.

To go from teasing him about his breath to poisoning him is quite a jump for Aisha and Hafsa to make, do you honestly think it got that bad? I don't know if they did it. Are we certain he was poisoned and what evidence do people present for that?

4 hours ago, Lebanese313 said:

:salam:

I think the title is clear. Do we (twelvers) believe that the Prophet was (or could have been) poisoned?

Salam,

Many Shias believe that the Holy Prophet (sawas) was actually poisoned. One story says that it was from a Jewish man, whilst another says that it was Ai'sha and Hafsa, however only Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) knows best.

In the Tāfsīr of A’bi-l Nāḍhr Muhammad bin Mās’ūd al-Āyāshī ʿāl-Sāmarqāndī, volume 1, page 342,

Narrated Abdul Ṣāmad bin Bāshīr, that Abʿi Abdillah said: Do you know whether the Prophet died or was killed, for Allah says:

“So if he was to die or be killed, would you turn back on your heels [to unbelief]” (3:144), so he was poisoned before death, the two [women] (1) “watered” him. So, we said: “They and their fathers are the evilest of Allah’s creations!”

(1) “watered” this word has a feminine verb here (sāqatah) and is used to describe two women (mūthānna/dual verb).

huhqmyj.jpg

5 hours ago, Lebanese313 said:

I think the title is clear. Do we (twelvers) believe that the Prophet was (or could have been) poisoned?

Yes they do, following their Imams.

Add to that, the ḥādith that says: “There is not a single one of us, except killed or poisoned.” (mā mīnnā iʿlā māqtūlun ā’w māsmūm).

Edited by Simon the Canaanite

4 hours ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

In the Tāfsīr of A’bi-l Nāḍhr Muhammad bin Mās’ūd al-Āyāshī ʿāl-Sāmarqāndī, volume 1, page 342,

Narrated Abdul Ṣāmad bin Bāshīr, that Abʿi Abdillah said: Do you know whether the Prophet died or was killed, for Allah says:

“So if he was to die or be killed, would you turn back on your heels [to unbelief]” (3:144), so he was poisoned before death, the two [women] (1) “watered” him. So, we said: “They and their fathers are the evilest of Allah’s creations!”

(1) “watered” this word has a feminine verb here (sāqatah) and is used to describe two women (mūthānna/dual verb).

huhqmyj.jpg

Yes they do, following their Imams.

Add to that, the ḥādith that says: “There is not a single one of us, except killed or poisoned.” (mā mīnnā iʿlā māqtūlun ā’w māsmūm).

Do we know who those two women are? Like is there a hadith that clearly points this out

27 minutes ago, Lebanese313 said:

Do we know who those two women are? Like is there a hadith that clearly points this out

No, there isn’t. But, it’s obvious... the two women in the ḥādith are Aisha and Ḥāfṣa...

There are no two dual women known in history except for Aisha, Ḥāfṣa and the wives of Lot and Noah.

But, there’s a ḥādith in Bīḥār ʿāl-Ānwār ʿāl-Jāmīʿa li Dūrār Āḵḫbār ʿāl-Ā’īmmāh ʿāl-Āṭhār, volume 52, page 314.

Narrated Mājilāwayh, from his uncle, from ʿāl-Bārqī, from his father, from Muhammad bin Suleiman, from Dāwūd bin ʿāl-Nū’mān, from Abdul Rāḥim ʿāl-Qāṣir, he said: Aʿbu J’afar said to me: “Verily, if our Q’aim rises, the Ḥūmāira will be brought back to him, and he will flog her [as per the ḥād], until he avenges the daughter of Muhammad, Fatima from her.”

rY8WLWW.jpg

2 hours ago, Simon the Canaanite said:

No, there isn’t. But, it’s obvious... the two women in the ḥādith are Aisha and Ḥāfṣa...

There are no two dual women known in history except for Aisha, Ḥāfṣa and the wives of Lot and Noah.

But, there’s a ḥādith in Bīḥār ʿāl-Ānwār ʿāl-Jāmīʿa li Dūrār Āḵḫbār ʿāl-Ā’īmmāh ʿāl-Āṭhār, volume 52, page 314.

Narrated Mājilāwayh, from his uncle, from ʿāl-Bārqī, from his father, from Muhammad bin Suleiman, from Dāwūd bin ʿāl-Nū’mān, from Abdul Rāḥim ʿāl-Qāṣir, he said: Aʿbu J’afar said to me: “Verily, if our Q’aim rises, the Ḥūmāira will be brought back to him, and he will flog her [as per the ḥād], until he avenges the daughter of Muhammad, Fatima from her.”

rY8WLWW.jpg

I found this. https://quranx.com/Hadith/Bukhari/USC-MSA/Volume-6/Book-60/Hadith-436/

I don't know if it talks about this event or another

12 minutes ago, Lebanese313 said:

I found this. https://quranx.com/Hadith/Bukhari/USC-MSA/Volume-6/Book-60/Hadith-436/

I don't know if it talks about this event or another

It perhaps has a relation to the aforementioned event, but it talks about this verse.

(66:4)

“If the two of you repent to God…
for your hearts have certainly swerved (deviated),
and if you back each other against him,
then [know that] God is indeed his guardian,
and Gabriel, the righteous among the faithful,
and, thereafter, the angels are his supporters.”

The thing is brothers, are you willing to make an accusation based on a few hadiths here and there? If you are wrong then it's slander and Allah defended Aisha in the Qu'ran when she was accused of adultery. Now will you be willing to accuse her of murder? Did Imam 'Ali make such statements despite being fought by her? These opinions are terrible and make a joke of Shiism. Aisha made big mistakes and was very young relatively, but she came to regret it near the end. She spoke up against Mu'awiyah when he ordered the execution of Hujr ibn 'Adi.

Surah Noor

Verily! Those who brought forth the slander (against 'Aishah (may Allah be pleased with her) the wife of the Prophet saws.gif) are a group among you. Consider it not a bad thing for you. Nay, it is good for you. Unto every man among them will be paid that which he had earned of the sin, and as for him among them who had the greater share therein, his will be a great torment.

Why then, did not the believers, men and women, when you heard it (the slander) think good of their own people and say: "This (charge) is an obvious lie?"

Why did they not produce four witnesses? Since they (the slanderers) have not produced witnesses! Then with Allah they are the liars.

Therefore in lack of solid evidence the right thing to do is suspend judgement and not cast asperations.

Edited by ali47

Aisha has said that we poured medicine in the mouth of the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) by force , when he was ill, he was forced to drink, so he pointed out to us that do not drink me the medicine . We said to ourselves that this is because the patient hates the medicine and When the Blessed One was getting better, he said: "Did I not forbid you to not drink me medicine?" He said: that medicine must pour in mouth of Everyone that in this house  in front of my eyes; except Abbas, because he wasn't  aware of you.

قالت عَائِشَةُ لَدَدْنَاهُ في مَرَضِهِ فَجَعَلَ يُشِيرُ إِلَيْنَا أَنْ لَا تَلُدُّونِي فَقُلْنَا كَرَاهِيَةُ الْمَرِيضِ لِلدَّوَاءِ فلما أَفَاقَ قال أَلَمْ أَنْهَكُمْ أَنْ تَلُدُّونِي قُلْنَا كَرَاهِيَةَ الْمَرِيضِ لِلدَّوَاءِ فقال لَا يَبْقَي أَحَدٌ في الْبَيْتِ إلا لُدَّ وأنا أَنْظُرُ إلا الْعَبَّاسَ فإنه لم يَشْهَدْكُمْ.

البخاري الجعفي، ابوعبدالله محمد بن إسماعيل (متوفاي۲۵۶هـ)، صحيح البخاري، ج۴، ص۱۶۱۸، ح۴۱۸۹، كِتَاب الْمَغَازِي، بَاب مَرَضِ النبي (ص) وَوَفَاتِهِ؛ ج۵، ص۲۱۵۹، ح۵۳۸۲، كِتَاب الطِّبِّ، بَاب اللَّدُودِ؛ ج۶، ص۲۵۲۴، ح۶۴۹۲،كِتَاب الدِّيَاتِ، بَاب الْقِصَاصِ بين الرِّجَالِ وَالنِّسَاءِ في الْجِرَاحَاتِ؛ ج۶، ص۲۵۲۷، ح۶۵۰۱، بَاب إذا أَصَابَ قَوْمٌ من رَجُلٍ هل يُعَاقِبُ، تحقيق د. مصطفي ديب البغا، ناشر: دار ابن كثير، اليمامة – بيروت، الطبعة: الثالثة، ۱۴۰۷ – ۱۹۸۷؛

Sahih Bukhari , v4, p 1618 hadith 4189 kitab al Maqazi  chapter of disease of Prophet (pbu) & his death

kitab al tayib cahpter ladod (forcing)  v6 , p 2524 , Hadith 6492 

kitab al diat chapter of Qisas between men & women in scratches  v6 , p 2527 , hadith 6501 

النيسابوري القشيري، ابوالحسين مسلم بن الحجاج (متوفاي۲۶۱هـ)، صحيح مسلم، ج۴، ص۱۷۳۳، ح۲۲۱۳، كِتَاب السَّلَامِ، بَاب كَرَاهَةِ التَّدَاوِي بِاللَّدُودِ، تحقيق: محمد فؤاد عبد الباقي، ناشر: دار إحياء التراث العربي – بيروت.

'A'isha reported:

we (intended to pour) medicine in the mouth of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) in his illness, but he pointed out (with the gesture of his hand) that it should not be poured into the mouth against his will. We said: (It was perhaps due to the natural) aversion of the patient against medicine. When he recovered, he said: Medicine should be poured into the mouth of every one of you except Ibn 'Abbas, for he was not present amongst you.

حَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ حَاتِمٍ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، عَنْ سُفْيَانَ، حَدَّثَنِي مُوسَى بْنُ أَبِي، عَائِشَةَ عَنْ عُبَيْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، قَالَتْ لَدَدْنَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فِي مَرَضِهِ فَأَشَارَ أَنْ لاَ تَلُدُّونِي ‏.‏ فَقُلْنَا كَرَاهِيَةُ الْمَرِيضِ لِلدَّوَاءِ ‏.‏ فَلَمَّا أَفَاقَ قَالَ ‏ "‏ لاَ يَبْقَى أَحَدٌ مِنْكُمْ إِلاَّ لُدَّ غَيْرُ الْعَبَّاسِ فَإِنَّهُ لَمْ يَشْهَدْكُمْ ‏"‏ ‏.‏
Reference  : Sahih Muslim 2213
In-book reference  : Book 39, Hadith 115
USC-MSA web (English) reference  : Book 26, Hadith 5486
  (deprecated numbering scheme)

Sahih Muslim , v4 , p 1733 hadith 2213  book of health (kitab al salam) chapter of discomfort of giving medicine by force 

http://hadana.ir/ماجرای-مسموم-شدن-پیامبر/

https://sunnah.com/urn/721860

https://sunnah.com/urn/721790

but also Shia scholars & sources also accepted story of poisoning in Khaybar by Jewish woman too that all Shia scholars & sources agree on that Prophet Muhmmad (pbu) martyred by poisoning but there is many different stories about by who & how he poisoned 

https://valiasr-aj.com/persian/shownews.php?idnews=5076

http://hadana.ir/ماجرای-مسموم-شدن-پیامبر/

https://www.islamquest.net/fa/archive/question/fa4348

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

On 7/21/2019 at 3:57 PM, Lebanese313 said:

:salam:

He was martyred because Prophets do not die except in hundred years because they do not eat unhealthy things and they remain pure. If you take into account, the age of our Mujtahids, majority of them died at the age 90s because they followed what was they learnt from Islam and those who died before such age were actually martyred. 

Edited by Flying_Eagle