Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Jannat786

The closer I try to get to Allah the more depressed I get

Rate this topic

Salam, 

I went through the same and no one had any answers for me. I hope someone on ShiaChat replies to you.

Edited by starlight

Guest theObserver
1 hour ago, Jannat786 said:

Assalamalykum! 

I’ve recently put in extra effort to get closer to God but I feel like the more I try the more depressed I get. Before I would pray my 5 prayers but not always on time and not with proper concentration, I’d sometimes recite a dua or two on the odd occasion and that’s it. I felt disconnected from God so I tried to put in an effort to improve my connection with Him, I now pray all my Namaz on time and even wake up for Tahajjud prayers, I recite ziyarat e Ashura every night and try to recite Qur'an everyday but the inner peace that I’m supposed to feel by all of this just escapes me. I just feel so down nowadays. I feel so guilty for feeling this way because I know I should be grateful that Allah has given me this chance and the strength to get closer to Him. Is this normal?? Please help me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

I have the answers to your questions but the shiachat mods pick and choose when to publish my answers even if that means that they may block mine and the question remains unanswered , clearly too much ego here not enough justice

okay im going to use an out of Islam example to provide you with an answer but it stil stands

all people outside of the realm of Islam are not run and controlled by another God and that Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) only deals with us in a way suitable to Muslims, no this is not the case all follow the same path

Buddha says that the period of suffering is 6 years IF you work at it non stop, he worked at it all day and night to get out of the period of suffering and that is with full 24 hour focus of trying to purify himself to reach a place called "nirvanah" which really is a place of inner peace , what your looking for is that place of inner peace, being content, so that even if you only pray 2 rakaats a day those 2 rakaats are so powerfull so beautifull so full that they can fill up your cup of spirituality and make it overflow with such peace and beauty that it feels like the face of your Lord is beaming his beautifull beams of mercy as if He was right in your face and that He allows you to reach into this beauty for as long as you want to fill and drunk from this cup

this what I am describing is an actual state you can reach internally, but there is always a catch isnt there? how much do you desire the world? would you be happy to know that you wont feel the same towards anything material ever again? that no material thing even that which is halal will ever make you happy? that all your pleasure will come strictly from this spiritual place which opens like a river in your heart? and that the material world will only make u more and more unhappy?

here is the thing, its not about how much prayer you pray , how much duas you read, how many nights u spend with little sleep up on your feet seeking the heavens to open to you

its not about numbers, God doesnt need your sleepless nights and your numerous prayers and your endless fasts, and the ego that they bring for a person who continues to acknowledge how much he/she is doing them

all of that means nothing, all of that is not the end of the means, all of that is the means to the end, you need to use these things as tools to break through all your veils, we all have them packed in tightly differently , and when you break them, no world scenario can ever make u unhappy

when you say "oh the most powerfull" in dhikr what exactly are you saying it against? are you just saying it without any feeling to it? without attaching it to any weakness inside you?

your weakness is what doesnt allow the water to flow from your heart to your soul, you need to find those things which are wrong in you, whatvere they may be, maybe they are gluttony maybe they are lust, maybe they are laziness, maybe they are desire, maybe they are lack of confidence in whatever this world bothers you, maybe they are fear, maybe they are wants and needs

you need to address these things inside you and aim your prayer your dhikr towards them, if you feel like your just not good enough THEN you sit down with yourself and you focus all your thoughts and energy on this feeling and you attack it with "oh the most powerfull" you read this dhikr 100 times so that each word has a powerfull meaning that slowly changes this internal feeling, that builds a bridge where teh gap is, and you address all of your issues , and you MUST believe that it will work you MUST believe "in the most powerfull" you cannot doubt it while you read it, you cannot believ that your misery and depression is never going to be able to be overcome by this infinite being as if your own woes are an infinite God more powerfull than the one you have been taught and know about

you have to BELIEVE in God trultfully you MUST allow faith into your heart, and you will see how at one moment God accepts your dhikr sincerelyt and SHOWS you just HOW powerfull He is and makes these words melt all your problems and fills your chest with noor and you will feel like you can lift off and fly from the ground

do this type of dhikr do THIS type of prayer AIM these dhikrs and prayers at your heart and do it repeatedly until it STICKS then you will ALWAYS feel happy and content and satisfied and whenever evil or misery tries to bring you down, with just a thought you will bring yourself up above the clouds

THIS Is when faith enters a persons heart and this is when 2 rakaat prayer is so pwoerfull that it can heal the sick and bring back to life the dead including dead hearts

Guest theObserver
24 minutes ago, starlight said:

You are a guest and that means all your posts are previewed before publishing.

God doesn't even need 2 rakats from us so I don't know what you are basing your whole argument on. Salat ul layl is a very highly recommended act of worship. There is a reason why Masoomeen (عليه السلام) advised their Shia to pray in the night, why are you downplaying it?

you didnt understand my point

I said God DOESNT NEED your.....

but YOU need those things thats your handle to reach Him , however people that tend to do these actions merge these two ideas inadvertently , they have to dis-attach the idea that your doing it for Him, and count them and base their value on their repetition

I am trying to separate the bad from good in the mind, to purify the action and this is how a person needs to do it, by accepting that your prayer is in actuality worthless to God, your not affecting God by your action, but in order for you to REACH those spiritual realms you need to do them, and the problem is that when the two ideas are merged , people tend to focus on numbers and not the impact of it

this philosophy I am describing is easy to accept mentally but not practically it takes a long time for a person to make this separation and actually this is the place where the door opens when these two walls are split

but truly understood and split and accepted practically because naturally everyone thinks "I did the action I got up for the action, I completed the action" and hence immediately subconsciously expects something to happen something ot change

hence actually the person is squeezing the doors shut upon himself

this is why breaking of the nafs is very important prior to engaging in worship, the nafs actually stops the person teachings higher goals

and when this becomes a habit it becomes a very bad habit to break and so many people never get out of it, and eventually get angry annoyed, and eventually give up even that action and become distanced from God nurturing a kind of spite towards God which then allows the shahyatan to come in and make them to do evil acts easier, cause disbelief sets in like a burnt layer of the bottom of a pan of cooking rice 

2 hours ago, Jannat786 said:

Assalamalykum! 

I’ve recently put in extra effort to get closer to God but I feel like the more I try the more depressed I get. Before I would pray my 5 prayers but not always on time and not with proper concentration, I’d sometimes recite a dua or two on the odd occasion and that’s it. I felt disconnected from God so I tried to put in an effort to improve my connection with Him, I now pray all my Namaz on time and even wake up for Tahajjud prayers, I recite ziyarat e Ashura every night and try to recite Qur'an everyday but the inner peace that I’m supposed to feel by all of this just escapes me. I just feel so down nowadays. I feel so guilty for feeling this way because I know I should be grateful that Allah has given me this chance and the strength to get closer to Him. Is this normal?? Please help me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

sellam :) 

Everyone, regardless of which faith they follow go through spiritual highs and lows, even the most religious of people. We are, after all, humans. We make mistakes and we try to learn from it. I think its really nice that youre putting all that effort and It wont go unnoticed by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), for Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) notices even the smallest of blessings that we do or give or create, just watering a flower can purify your heart and take you closer to God. 

Although you don’t feel its enough, and you feel guilty, that shows that you love your faith and God because you seek His approval and Satisfaction.

The Prophet saws went through a period of time where he didnt get any message from Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and he became upset. So as to your question, Is it normal? Yes. We all go through this. 

My personal advice from experience would be give yourself time and allow yourself to find inner peace through prayer and supplication by *knowing, understanding and loving* what you say to God. 

Look around you and Count your blessings. Whenever I feel ungrateful, and feel guilty, I look at the clothes I have on, I feel my toes, the couch im sitting on, the fact that I know who God is, I think of the mother I have, the siblings, maybe even friends, the pictures on the wall, the breathing living plants and animals outside, and I say alhamdulilah for each one. 

don’t worry, you are never alone. Allah bless you and be with you

this what your describing is not the answer, this is materialism based faith

what happens when you start to get old or sick or you lose your wealth in this world and your the only person in your vicinity who has it bad? you wont be able to find motivation to be pleased with God cause your training yourself to be content on the basis that your healthy/wel fed/wel clothed/roof over your head etc

how do you be like Imam Husayn((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) when in Kerbala youve sacrificed your children and friends and about to sacrifice your own life with wounds bleedings and pain overcoming your body and death slowly setting in?

where do you find the pool of kawthar now? cause if you havetn established this faith up until this point its going to be very hard to find it in a few moments

you need to uncover the veils before you come to such a position where even if your whole world is crumbling yoru satisfaction is not based on this life but on the infinity of God,

this is what all people should be searching for , because when you die if you havent achieved this its not going to be just given to you cause your dead, you will only find yourself in darkness and confusion and in blindness and misery cause you havent reached out for this

a person who attains this state, this state becomes the light in your grave in your barzakh, this satisfaction and beauty becomes the food and water that feeds you and keeps you feeling happy and satisfied and protected and cozy

you need to have established these things before you die or you will awake to find yourself in ignorance and darkness and emptiness , death only removes the veils of self consciousness but it doesnt automatically give you spiritual stations and removal of veils between God and you, its in those veils once you reove that you find heaven, but you must achieve that here

why did the Imam say in his hadeeth "we fear for our Shia during ther timein barzakh" and that very few will be spared the suffering of the grave

because very foew occupied their time in this life with getting to know God and closer to Him and instead their life goals were just as material as the pagans disbeliever and kufar, really their life is no different in therms of what they seek and live for

I agree to disagree. You have some truth to what youre saying, but youre not getting the point.

Being thankful and grateful, doing good deeds and giving blessings gets you closer to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) by anything you do, every action you take as long as Bismillah is said, for good, in the name of God. 

Youre only talking about the grave and the disbelievers, darkness and death.

This isn't the question here. She is talking about spiritual lows and how she can feel the spiritual high. If its normal or not. In which it is normal. The point is that she is trying and Allah is graceful to notice our deeds for Him to get closer to Him no matter how small. Like I said, even planting a seed is full of blessings. 

this what your describing is not the answer, this is materialism based faith

what happens when you start to get old or sick or you lose your wealth in this world and your the only person in your vicinity who has it bad? you wont be able to find motivation to be pleased with God cause your training yourself to be content on the basis that your healthy/wel fed/wel clothed/roof over your head etc

how do you be like Imam Husayn((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) when in Kerbala youve sacrificed your children and friends and about to sacrifice your own life with wounds bleedings and pain overcoming your body and death slowly setting in?

where do you find the pool of kawthar now? cause if you havetn established this faith up until this point its going to be very hard to find it in a few moments

you need to uncover the veils before you come to such a position where even if your whole world is crumbling yoru satisfaction is not based on this life but on the infinity of God,

this is what all people should be searching for , because when you die if you havent achieved this its not going to be just given to you cause your dead, you will only find yourself in darkness and confusion and in blindness and misery cause you havent reached out for this

a person who attains this state, this state becomes the light in your grave in your barzakh, this satisfaction and beauty becomes the food and water that feeds you and keeps you feeling happy and satisfied and protected and cozy

you need to have established these things before you die or you will awake to find yourself in ignorance and darkness and emptiness , death only removes the veils of self consciousness but it doesnt automatically give you spiritual stations and removal of veils between God and you, its in those veils once you reove that you find heaven, but you must achieve that here

why did the Imam say in his hadeeth "we fear for our Shia during ther timein barzakh" and that very few will be spared the suffering of the grave

because very foew occupied their time in this life with getting to know God and closer to Him and instead their life goals were just as material as the pagans disbeliever and kufar, really their life is no different in therms of what they seek and live for

She's describing how to be grateful given the situation she's in. There is no materialism involved unless being thankful for clothes is all of a sudden a materialistic matter. You're missing the point and for some odd reason being awfully defensive about it. Not everyone has a linear vision that will lead them to heaven without difficulties. Most if not all our decisions in this life are based on incentives we can benefit from here and now, even religion. We seek out religion and faith to understand more about ourselves and life and to live life with a clear conscious. So telling someone to strengthen their faith because of death, after-life and sacrifices made in this world is most probably not going to help.

Simply put, Jannat786 is asking how to help their spirituality grow and the way I see it, that's a road we must all take individually so I highly doubt anything I say will really help in that regard besides to just lay down in silence and think. Just think and perhaps you may understand why you feel the way you do. 

Guest face

To use a poor analogy, you don't get to "level up" without defeating any bosses. The path to God is filled with hurdles we must overcome, physical and mental. I take this as a good sign, your faith and patience is being tested. Please push through the discomfort.

11 hours ago, Jannat786 said:

Assalamalykum! 

Perhaps, you are missing the vital element of these worships. That is to say when you come to prayer, pray with philosophy of prayer in mind. When you recite Surah Hamd, recall why you say Bismillah because Allah was first who created and every begjning shall be with his name. Discipline yourself with Salah. Recite Ziyarah with translation and ask yourself why u r paying slams,? Understand Qur'an through translation 

Salaams,

Don't pressure yourself so hard to feel that elusive inner peace, and don't tell yourself that its absence means you aren't deeply beloved by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) or that your worship isn't being accepted.  Remind yourself that Allah is so Merciful and Benevolent, every action you're doing for His pleasure is worthwhile and important for its own sake, even if you don't see or feel immediate results.  Sometimes, if we worship with an underlying motive of becoming happier or gaining inner peace, it backfires because we aren't worshiping Him with true clarity- our desire becomes a barrier between us and Him as we start to seek it more than we seek Him- and we can't connect as deeply as we should, or our connection becomes weakened by self-doubt and guilt.

An exercise that genuinely helps is spending a few moments each day reflecting on things you're grateful to Him for.  This can be a silent, internal reflection, or you can make it a point to create a list in a gratitude journal each day- doing the latter is especially effective.  In the Qur'an, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) promises us: "If you are grateful, I will surely give you more and more" (14:7) and "So remember Me; I will remember you." (2:152) 

Perhaps as a living manifestation of such verses, mindfully expressing gratitude can cut through the worst of spiritual lows.  Maybe because it serves as a reminder that even when we doubt our own worthiness, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) is always covering us with His blessings and mercy, we're just often too distracted to notice.

spirituality is not an easy thing to achieve, you have to strive very hard to achieve even a very small portion of it, it takes ALOT of sacrifice of the self, including even things like pleasures in this world, and each persons path is different to reach the outskirts of material satisfaction and dunya satisfaction and begin to open the heart to spiritual stations and then move towards them

its a very difficult path, I have been struggling with it for many years and even when you see a glimmer of those things you seek, once they fade away you don’t have as much as a memory left of it to even bring back what it felt like or looked like, it takes SEVERE sincerity that just to achieve this sincerity is very difficult, this kind of sincerity begins when you have total control of your nafs, where your nafs is in your hand and you cna throw it around how you want, but when you reach these prerequisites you are then swayed by a different kind of temperament

and to hold ur self steady at this point is far harder than when dealing with desires and lusts and other inclinations to do with the material its a hard place between difficulty and hardship, and takes so much concentration focus, patience, suffering to master it

usually those who taste these things that alone can take on a form of self contention and can turn into a bubble made from steel that doesnt let you go forward, cause thje thought that you have touched something that very few men in the realm of men have touched can be a disassociate from going further , its like "I did something that the majority don’t even know exist and I can glance at some of its crumbs" and hence the person gets stuck and can’t go forward anymore despite that a curiosity drives you there, but the hardship quickly turns you away from it

it is truly hard to travel in this path, and as soon as you make progress a hundred things fall upon you which become you own self made prison, even just ideas which are hard to be separated from

and no imagine if its this hard in this life to do this, how much more difficult it will be in barzakh where you will be made to travel it and its forms taken on real things which can rip you apart and those spiritual pains turn into physical torture as you try to pul away from your deeply misguided self induced disbelief that you don’t even know existed in you

again your basing your faith in this world, kind of like how a person basis his health on a "really good doctor he knows" or his wealth on "his financial economic knoweldge" which he/she attributes as coming from God but really these are all faith based in the realm of material life

its not true faith, its not things you can take into the real world, the barzakh world on your path to everlasting adobe

if you could see what I am talking about and how it melts all the belief you have and reveal its true nature of the heart to you, you would understand what I am talking about

you don’t realize how much your betting upon things which are not real faith based but material based , you don’t even see how much value your putting to things which are valueless

your directions are wrong and your understanding is limited, you need to reconsider yourself and need to know yourself better , cause the one who knows himself knows his Lord

your is a faith not based on the faith of Imam Husayn, where you can just let go of this world altogether immediately and not feel at loss, your the kind of person who cries at a funeral when somebody u know dies for weeks after the burial, despite that the Imams saying don’t cry at funerals u put the soul at unease , the Imams didnt cry after the death they cried during the suffering of the person such as Imam Husayn, and they advised us to do the same, they don’t cry at loss of this world

Again, you are missing the point. I think you should read over the question she is asking and also reflect on the point I’m trying to make

13 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

Perhaps, you are missing the vital element of these worships. That is to say when you come to prayer, pray with philosophy of prayer in mind. When you recite Surah Hamd, recall why you say Bismillah because Allah was first who created and every begjning shall be with his name. Discipline yourself with Salah. Recite Ziyarah with translation and ask yourself why u r paying slams,? Understand Qur'an through translation 

Whilst praying I keep the translations of all the surahs in mind and then recite them so I know who I’m standing before and what exactly I’m saying. Even with ziyarah I have read the translation and whilst reciting the ziyarah I replay the whole incident of Karbala and shaam in my head. I think I’m just being tested and I need to push through then I’m sure that eventually Allah will let peace and light enter my heart. 

JazakAllah! 

On 7/21/2019 at 4:04 AM, Jannat786 said:

Assalamalykum! 

Salam,

I emboldened the sentences in your post that I believe is something you need to examine and do some self-introspection on.  

The problem is that you believe that it is through your efforts that you can achieve a specific result (namely:  “a feeling of an inner peace” or the “closeness to God”).  You seem to imagine that spirituality works like the world of economics, where time or labor is exchanged for money or goods.  Inner Peace (or God) is not something you have to exchange something else for.  It is not something to get or to acquire.  It isn’t something you need to get close to.  God is already closer to you than your jugular vein.  God is already with you wherever you are.

What then are you trying to get close to?  

Edited by eThErEaL

36 minutes ago, Jannat786 said:

Whilst praying I keep the translations of all the surahs in mind and then recite them so I know who I’m standing before and what exactly I’m saying. Even with ziyarah I have read the translation and whilst reciting the ziyarah I replay the whole incident of Karbala and shaam in my head. I think I’m just being tested and I need to push through then I’m sure that eventually Allah will let peace and light enter my heart. 

JazakAllah! 

Dear sister, sometimes humans go through an state of disappointment which when occurs to me, I remind myself that this is temporary state, and I am tasting it because I am not doing as good as I should be or it is reminder of the people of hell as to how disappointed they shall be with their lives without Allah's help and thus, with this reminder, I encourage myself to behave better so that my end shall be in heaven for which Allah (عزّ وجلّ) has promised: "In heaven we will take every disease out of their hearts". 

It is just an state, it will pass by. Insha-Allah. 

Allah -(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى). is closer to you than your jugular, as revealed.

Re-read Ayat ii:177 all of it. This has constancy and patience in it, does it not?

In short, stay with the program you are given.

Do you know God wants closeness with you even more than you want it with Him? He wants you to have His peace more than you desire it. No greater love has anyone than to lay down One's life for the object of His love. Before you were born, God knew you. He knew you would sin and fall short of Himself. So you cannot be with Him until you are made like Him in holiness and righteousness. Because He is perfect, you must become perfect, too. But how? Only God could make a way. He took your judgment and satisfied it with His death on a cross in the person of His own Son. 

5 minutes ago, MartyS said:

Do you know God wants closeness with you even more than you want it with Him? He wants you to have His peace more than you desire it. No greater love has anyone than to lay down One's life for the object of His love. Before you were born, God knew you. He knew you would sin and fall short of Himself. So you cannot be with Him until you are made like Him in holiness and righteousness. Because He is perfect, you must become perfect, too. But how? Only God could make a way. He took your judgment and satisfied it with His death on a cross in the person of His own Son. 

Taking advantage of someone's vulnerability to proselytize is pretty low. 

On 7/21/2019 at 3:04 AM, Jannat786 said:

but the inner peace that I’m supposed to feel by all of this just escapes me

salam,

apply sab'r Insha'Allah & @ guest obsever is right somehow. Think of the worship of merchants, to do all of this to get inner peace. 

What means do you use to feel inner peace?

Let's say that is attainable(inner peace) & during the prayer there's a disturbance of a loud bang outside, would that peace be disturbed as well?

you're doing well, absolutely. Surahtul Fatiha is said to be the mother of the entire book. In that same light of heaviness so do the two rakat mentioned. Nobody said don't do other surahs just as nobody said two rakat is enough. Just do without even thinking about what you just did in a sense of ' I did pray so this & that should happen', no.

Sab'r Insha'Allah

Get closer to Allah by keeping yourself occupied with halal activities. Excercises study, nature walks etc

Depression finds its home in the idle mind

The devil makes work of idle hands.

Edited by Warilla

2 hours ago, Revert1963 said:

Referring to the trinity in a Muslim forum is a bit provocative I think. لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ  if I may quote.

I think it was rather beautiful if you understand his or her intent, which is surrender your affairs to God including your own efforts and your own sense of goodness for only God is good.

We should look at the Qur'an as a whole.  Whatever happened to those verses that talk about “come to a common word”?

Edited by eThErEaL

16 minutes ago, Warilla said:

Get closer to Allah by keeping yourself occupied with halal activities. Excercises study, nature walks etc

Depression finds its home in the idle mind

The devil makes work of idle hands.

not necessarily. 

When you get closer to Allah you’re already comparing what you are now to what you were. How can you not be depressed when you realise how much you neglected Him previously. It’s a phase. Whenever you feel depressed do 5 Salawat and then recite Ayatul Kursi in your heart and as much as possible recite this Duaa:

اللهم اجعلني في درعك الحصينة التي تجعل فيها من تشاء

On 7/29/2019 at 5:20 AM, MartyS said:

He took your judgment and satisfied it with His death on a cross in the person of His own Son. 

Don't be silly. God doesn't have children. OP is already depressed now you will just add confusion.

1 hour ago, Warilla said:

Why ? 

I have seen people with depression with busy lives  

basically they don’t have idle mind yet they do have depression . It saddens me that this disorder is thought of so low and not even recognized as a problem by you but nevertheless peace 

:titanic:

On 7/21/2019 at 1:34 PM, Jannat786 said:

Assalamalykum! 

Namaste,

You may be on the right path, getting closer to God. As you get closer to Him you know Him better. This knowledge of Him makes you feel depressed in the beginning because this knowledge of truth turns an eloquent wise and active person into mute, empty and inert .

You are depressed because love of this world slowly leaving you.

On 7/21/2019 at 5:54 AM, Ruqaya101 said:

My personal advice from experience would be give yourself time and allow yourself to find inner peace through prayer and supplication by *knowing, understanding and loving* what you say to God. 

Look around you and Count your blessings. Whenever I feel ungrateful, and feel guilty, I look at the clothes I have on, I feel my toes, the couch im sitting on, the fact that I know who God is, I think of the mother I have, the siblings, maybe even friends, the pictures on the wall, the breathing living plants and animals outside, and I say alhamdulilah for each one. 

don’t worry, you are never alone. Allah bless you and be with you

Salam. Thank you. This is excellent advice.

Many people dwell on something that is missing in their life -- something they don't have (their wants and needs) -- that circumstances have not allowed them to acquire. If that is the case, then I would suggest to remember the Holy Ahlul Bayt AS who were "satisfied" with whatever Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) gave them. 

On 7/21/2019 at 3:04 AM, Jannat786 said:

Assalamalykum! 

I see this as Allah inflaming the doubts you have, so that they may be brought to the forefront of your attention. this is where He wants you to investigate the most. this is where he wants you to study, to observe, to meditate, and to practice. 

practice self emotional regulation.

practice psychological conditioning.

master the books and teachers of logic. 

this is a test, don't feel as if Allah dislikes you. have a positive opinion of Him. He has made it clear in many places that He cares for us and watches over us. He is al Wadud: the Affectionate, the Loving.

this life is the preclude to the adventure. prepare for it the best you can.

love of dunya and love of akhira don't mix. they diminish each other. increase knowledge of the spiritual matters, like barzakh. read light within me.

and it is commendable that you are doing this! Ziarat Ashura and tahajjud are extremely, extremely important. keep doing this, at least for 40 days and nights. include dua ahad. perform nawafil of magrib. 

the atheists are on deceit and conjecture. don't let them impact you emotionally. just use them to become more intelligent and see what they are arguing.

draw attention to this:

those who want to stay at home will want to invest energy in staying at home, whereas we are being told to constantly keep moving, constantly growing, moving forward. life is adventure, so prepare for its requirements.

Edited by BlueInk

On 7/21/2019 at 8:45 PM, Guest theObserver said:

you didnt understand my point

I said God DOESNT NEED your.....

but YOU need those things thats your handle to reach Him , however people that tend to do these actions merge these two ideas inadvertently , they have to dis-attach the idea that your doing it for Him, and count them and base their value on their repetition

I am trying to separate the bad from good in the mind, to purify the action and this is how a person needs to do it, by accepting that your prayer is in actuality worthless to God, your not affecting God by your action, but in order for you to REACH those spiritual realms you need to do them, and the problem is that when the two ideas are merged , people tend to focus on numbers and not the impact of it

this philosophy I am describing is easy to accept mentally but not practically it takes a long time for a person to make this separation and actually this is the place where the door opens when these two walls are split

but truly understood and split and accepted practically because naturally everyone thinks "I did the action I got up for the action, I completed the action" and hence immediately subconsciously expects something to happen something ot change

hence actually the person is squeezing the doors shut upon himself

this is why breaking of the nafs is very important prior to engaging in worship, the nafs actually stops the person teachings higher goals

and when this becomes a habit it becomes a very bad habit to break and so many people never get out of it, and eventually get angry annoyed, and eventually give up even that action and become distanced from God nurturing a kind of spite towards God which then allows the shahyatan to come in and make them to do evil acts easier, cause disbelief sets in like a burnt layer of the bottom of a pan of cooking rice 

are you yukapuka? not sure if I got ur nick right anyways how can I get in touch with you??

Salam.
Allah is the all-merciful, the most merciful, and mentioned these two attributes about Himself 114 times in the Qur'an.
"in the name of Allah, the all-merciful, the most merciful."
in surah alhamd, which we should recite twice in every our obligatory prayers, Allah mentioned His infinite and especial mercy four times!
the first and second time in the beginning of this surah,
after Allah praises Himself and emphasizes:
"All praises belong to Allah, the lord of the world!"
after that, Allah again repeated and remind us that He is the all-merciful, the most merciful, and emphasizes His mercifulness, (infinite and especial mercy).
as I said before, divine mercifulness is mentioned in chapter alhamd four times which is its recitation is obligatory in the first and second rakat of every Salat.
Imam Reza ((عليه السلام).) narrates through his forefathers from Amir al-mu'minin ((عليه السلام).) that he said: “I heard the Apostle of Allah saying: 'Allah, Mighty and Great is He, has said: “I have divided the Opening of the Book between Myself and My servant; so, its half is for Me and the (other) half is for My servant. And My servant shall get what he asks for.”
When the servant says: In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful, Allah, Great is His Glory, says: “My servant has started with My name, and it is incumbent upon Me that I should complete his works for him and bless him in his affairs.”
And when he says: All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the worlds, Allah, Great is His Glory, says: “My servant has praised Me, and he knows that the bounties that are with him are from Me, and that the misfortunes that have been averted from him were so averted by My grace; (O My angels!) I appoint you as My witnesses that I shall add for him the favours of the next world to those of this world, and will avert from him the calamities of the next world as I have averted from him the calamities of this world.”
And when he says, The Beneficent, the Merciful, Allah, Great is His Glory, says: “My servant bore witness for Me that I am the Beneficent, the Merciful; I make you My witness that I will most surely augment his share in My mercy, and I will most certainly increase his portion in My bounties.”
And when he says, The Master of the Day of Judgement, Allah, the High, says: “I make you My witness that, as he has acknowledged that I am the Master of the Day of Judgement, I will most certainly make his reckoning easier (for him) on the Day of Reckoning, and I will most certainly accept his good deeds, and look over his sins.”
And when he says: Thee do we worship, Allah, Mighty and Great is He, says: “My servant is telling truth, He worships Me only. Be My witness that I will most surely give him for his worship a reward that will be the (object of) envy to all who opposed him when he worshipped Me.”
And when he says, and Thee do we beseech for help, Allah, the High, says: “From Me has My servant sought help, and in Me has he taken refuge. Be My witness that I will most certainly help him in his affairs, and will aid him in his difficulties, and will take his hand in his calamities.”
And when he says, Guide us to the right path . . ., Allah, Mighty and Great is He, says: “This (part) is for My servant, and My servant shall have what he asks for; and I have answered (the prayer of) My servant, and have given him what he hopes for and have protected him from what he is afraid of.” ' ” (`Uyūnu 'l-akhbar).
https://www.al-Islam.org/al-mizan-exegesis-Qur'an-vol-1-allamah-tabatabai