Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest idontknowwhoiam

HELP!! (..pls thank u)

Rate this topic

Guest idontknowwhoiam

Hi

I am at a really low place regarding deen and life in general (no that is not the reason I seek religious guidance. I have always felt that something is missing from my life). I stray further and further from God every day, my parents have made it almost impossible to be comfortably open with them and everything that goes on in my life, so I have to resort to this lol. I agree entirely that born Muslims take their religion for granted, that's me. I don't remember the last time I prayed at this point I'm just wearing the hijab for show the only time I practice is during Ramadan or Ashura which means literally nothing on the day of judgment and is soo silly and laughable. I want to learn Islam all over again, and I don't know where to start if anyone can guide me to resources or supportive words and duas it would be much appreciated. Merci

Guest 786

Salam. Visit Al-Islam.org for books and start praying. It is likely that we will meet Imam Hussain after our death and you are not his true follower if you don’t pray. That is because Yazeed was his enemy and he did not pray, so you are following his enemy in that sense. If you don’t pray because you don’t find any reason for it, then you need to educate yourself more using resources such as Al-Islam and shiavault. Anyways, I hope you are guided and have a blessful day.

Before you start researching, you need to question yourself whether or not you genuinely believe in God. Sure, superficially you may tell yourself that you believe in God but you may not actually believe in God, deep in your heart. To believe in God implies to understand that this life is an illusion full of alluring traps that will end as unexpectedly as it began. That is to say, it is an understanding to the idea of you suffering or enjoying the consequences of your actions, here and in the future. Whether you are driven by intellect or emotion, the Qur'an will give you what you seek as long as you know what you are seeking for and most importantly, you are genuine to yourself. 

I would suggest an understanding on the fundamentals of faith.

Perhaps start by reading this book, it gives an outline of why monotheism is true, and why the twelver faith is true in the broad spectrum:

https://www.al-Islam.org/principles-faith-usul-al-din-husayn-vahid-khorasani

Also read the Qur’an while listening to recitations you enjoy. 

Just know that a lot of people go through doubts, no ones perfect. Those who strive to learn the truth show a level of sincerity as they strive for the truth. But those who go astray after a few doubts are following their nafs.

Wsalam

8 hours ago, Guest idontknowwhoiam said:

Hi

I am at a really low place regarding deen and life in general (no that is not the reason I seek religious guidance. I have always felt that something is missing from my life). I stray further and further from God every day, my parents have made it almost impossible to be comfortably open with them and everything that goes on in my life, so I have to resort to this lol. I agree entirely that born Muslims take their religion for granted, that's me. I don't remember the last time I prayed at this point I'm just wearing the hijab for show the only time I practice is during Ramadan or Ashura which means literally nothing on the day of judgment and is soo silly and laughable. I want to learn Islam all over again, and I don't know where to start if anyone can guide me to resources or supportive words and duas it would be much appreciated. Merci

al-Islam.org is a best website. You can learn gradually. learn how to do wudu and start to learn prayer or Nimaz or Salah.

Salaam Alaykum Sister,

Ups and downs happen in the life of EVERY single person. There is nothing wrong with you. I experienced that before, and I know it will again in my future. The key is to build up yourself soon. As soon as it happened, don't lose hope or blame yourself. Make it correct. If you want to pray or be observant on hijab and etc., just do it now. Gradually you learn everything. Be energetic and hopeful. There are sisters here that you can befriend with and message them in private and ask for help. Your post was beautiful btw. Your Islamic practice in Ashura and Ramadan is NOT laughable at all. Be proud of yourself

13 hours ago, Guest idontknowwhoiam said:

Hi

Start listening to lectures from different speakers. Its a good way to feel motivated and be guided to the right path. Listen to Ammar Nakshawani, Sheikh Azhar, Sheikh Al Hilli, Mahdi Al Modaressi, Mohammed Qazwini and many more