Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

We know what His attributes are, what else matters? By 'define" I suppose you mean to make out how and what He is on a sense we would more understand Him, such as on the physical sense. The problem here is to imply He has limits because we know that to be physically real, you must be limited to a degree or else, God is not the Greatest or you must imply He is everywhere which would lead to pantheism, believing God is everything and God is in everything. Besides, how can we define God based on a plane that He created for the rest of creation. The laws that govern this universe do not apply to Him as He is the One that created them and since we know nothing but the laws of this universe, we will never understand (I am trying to choose the right wording here) God's "make-up". We can however understand whatever He chooses to disclose to us regarding Himself such as He desires what is best for us and that is reflected in the commandments He sends down to His messengers. 

There is a quote that says; "If the human brain were so simple, we would be too simple to understand it." I think that's an appropriate concept we can apply here for God as well.

Edited by Ali883

On 7/20/2019 at 9:08 PM, Noor Taleb said:

I know we can’t define God I want to know why ? 

You know the story of the blind men examining an elephant?

We can give an accurate description, but not a complete one.

Edited by notme