Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Flying_Eagle

Hand-writing contest "Who has most beautiful hand writing on Shia chat ?"

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

My handwriting is the ugliest thing. Enjoy!

0569FA54-688D-40EE-8276-28B3C6EFB174.jpeg

If you paint your writing I can sell it for 100 million dollars by saying that this was Da Vinci's last painting upon which he stumbled and died.

I can be rich.

You shall start writing again forgot to write sister :dry:

Just kidding, you writing is like that of my elder sister and that's cute :)

Edited by Flying_Eagle

35 minutes ago, notme said:

It isn't that bad. They were just being kids.

Hope you feel better and enjoy your vacation.

Your writing resembles my grandmother's, except with a more steady hand. If writing is an indication of character, please take similarity to my grandmother as a compliment. She was a friend to everyone she met, very kind and outgoing.

I know :D But I also figured my writing was a bit hard to read. Lol. 

Thank you! I’m excited to head over to SoCal. Haven’t been there in 5 years. No cold is going to stop me from having fun. 

Aww it’s nice to know that my handwriting resembles someone older! (I always thought my handwriting was a bit childlike.) Your grandmother seemed like a lovely person. May she rest peacefully and happily in paradise, inshallah. :) 

(And thank you for the lovely compliments!) 

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

32 minutes ago, Aflower said:

I have to admit, I attempted to read the words 'cursive' and 'healing' many times over but I couldn't make out what you'd written. But don't feel alone in this.

I know :D my Ls and Ts look way too similar. So do my Rs and Vs. 

33 minutes ago, Aflower said:

I myself am so accustomed to typing on my MacBook pro or recording memos on my Applewatch that I literally never write anymore! The only time I put pen to paper is when I sign something!!! I realised this when I attended a day course a week ago and I had to write my notes on a whiteboard and present it to everyone present. I literally froze for a brief moment as I thought that I'd forgotten how to write! I kid you not! It's a sad world we live in! I was sharing my experience with some family members and they exclaimed that even doctors and dentists compose prescriptions on a computer now (3/4 of my family are in the medical profession). It's no wonder that beautiful handwriting, creative lettering and calligraphy is a dying ar

That’s so true! I had a similar feeling when I had to teach a 3rd grade class a writing lesson. Everything was handwritten and when I stared at my writing on the TV (for projection), I was mortified and felt sorry for my students. I had to re-write a few words several times during the lesson and a couple of students said that they couldn’t read certain words. I also type more than I write, so I completely agree that we’ve become more accustomed to seeing printed words on a screen than handwriten words on paper. It makes me feel nostalgic seeing old movies where couples in love would write each other letters. Wish we had some more of that today. 

36 minutes ago, Flying_Eagle said:

ust kidding, you writing is like that of my elder sister and that's cute :)

Lol thanks, brother. :) 

2 minutes ago, realizm said:

:salam:

Cursive writing. That 'I' got cursed lol @Islandsandmirrors

Get well soon !

IMG_20190722_223341.png

Lol! I think the way I write my “I”s was the last of its style/time. The style of writing “I”s changed soon after, which is why it looks very weird for most people. 

Thanks for the well wishes, @realizm

And thanks for the puns and laughs, y’all. :D 

1 hour ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

I haven’t written in cursive in a while.

Aaaahhhh... Yeah, that makes sense. Writing in chive probably takes some practice.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:41 AM, Flying_Eagle said:

Wow Persian Calipgraphy, Have you learnt calligraphy? 

Every student has to learn Nasta'liq script in the school. But the style which I used (the one which you can see in the picture) is called "Shekasteh Nasta'liq" which is more beautiful.

19 minutes ago, shadow_of_light said:

Every student has to learn Nasta'liq script in the school. But the style which I used (the one which you can see in the picture) is called "Shekasteh Nasta'liq" which is more beautiful.

Wow really, that is nice. We aren't taught such things in Pakistan. It is a beautiful skill and interesting too. Do you write it with color paints too?

2 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

We aren't taught such things in Pakistan.

Excuse me! Don't tell me you never heard of these

2046462413_images(26).jpeg.359a3a5d48bec032e203ccfa6ecfe169.jpeg

Kabhi takhti ka naam suna??

The Urdu handwriting we are taught in school is khat e nastaliq!!! 

dal0vocbqldz.thumb.jpg.6f78b635ba9aea6cfbd94a7908db28ca.jpg

I wrote these sometime back while memorizing surah Rehman (was testing out the method @Propaganda_of_the_Deed mentioned)

rps20190723_180438_529.thumb.jpg.28d430d31378b163d976bf716a4a21c2.jpg

Edited by starlight

43 minutes ago, starlight said:

Excuse me! Don't tell me you never heard of these

2046462413_images(26).jpeg.359a3a5d48bec032e203ccfa6ecfe169.jpeg

Kabhi takhti ka naam suna??

Yeah, but my teachers really did not taught me to write well in Urdu, the just focused on as to how to write Urdu rather than focus on making Urdu more beautiful like Urdu Nashtaleeq, I can write it but not like most of my friends, who have very beautiful Urdu writing like "Urdu Nashtaleeq". Was not taught on "Takhti" except in only one class, I am thinking to buy it again to master this again.

44 minutes ago, starlight said:

dal0vocbqldz.thumb.jpg.6f78b635ba9aea6cfbd94a7908db28ca.jpg

I wrote these sometime back while memorizing surah Rehman (was testing out the method @Propaganda_of_the_Deed mentioned)

Wow that's beautiful, I really do not know how to write it beautifully. Your Urdu teachers were expert and you are good learner as well.

22 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

Wow really, that is nice. We aren't taught such things in Pakistan. It is a beautiful skill and interesting too. Do you write it with color paints too?

What is color paint? Do you mean paint color?!

18 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

What is color paint? Do you mean paint color?!

Here is an example "color paints for kids"  https://www.target.com/p/crayola-174-paint-pots-washable-18ct-3-fl-oz/A-14151838 

To translate 18ct-3-fl-oz = 18 count, 3 fluid ounces 

When my grandfathers went to school in the 1890s, penmanship was a major subject. Typewriters were not even common then. It was taught throughout school, even college. My one grandfather said his grade school teacher's college grade was "93" as l remember.