Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Abu Hadi

Hijab and AI. URGENT. Please Read!

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Guest Deen al-Islam
1 hour ago, notme said:

But for a long time it's been easy enough for a skilled amateur to take a face from one photo and paste it onto a body from another photo. Is this so much more dangerous?

I need to stress how dangerous this can be. I know of a sister through some female family who was overly friendly with another man (non-Muslim) and when she rejected him, he decided to get revenge and do as you have described. He then proceeded to start to make rumours about her, and sadly, as flawed as human beings are, people never asked her for her version of events and false rumours and pictures circulate.

People who engage in making these disgusting pictures, as well as those who engage in spreading rumours and backbiting from their perches are going to be dragged on their faces on the day of judgement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Zoofi

The country I live in exports the IT to the rest of the world, people and code both. 

Banning one such software won’t stop this wave. This is done in our dorms and coding factories all over my country, by a bunch of thrill minded university boys, so the coding AI is not that hard. 

Hijab on the hair also doesn’t protect because essentially all they need is your face, everything else is estimated by comparing and processing another millions of images of other girls that are already out there on FB, Snapchat, Instagram, and from those thousands of porn sites etc. 

Those who see those nude images and videos always tend to believe it, because images look 100% real (although in actual they are fake), even to the parents and siblings, because obviously nobody knows your unclothed body once you are an adult. 

But there is a one and only Islamic solution.

OBSERVE SOCIAL HIJAB

90% of the time, the exploitation happens because girls expose themselves to bad company to a certain extent, and then once something like this is made up, they can’t deny that gathering in the hooka bar, or in the group where that person was present, because people just see her and that bad person 20 feet north and assume that they both are friends. 

Observing SOCIAL HIJAB builds girl’s rapport in family and friends. It gives her and everybody else the confidence that she is a chaste girl, and anything nude falsely made on her becomes untrustworthy and is rejected.

Now compare it with a party girl, or a very outgoing girl who is super friendly with men around her. These are the kind of girls who mostly get raped in dorms and office parties, or get blackmailed. But that’s not it, naive and innocent girls are also raped and molested in equal numbers because they are naive enough to not follow other common sense things, like not being firm in front of men, being overly sweet, not stoping the first small flirting comment at the first time, which eventually turns into abuse and so on. 

While more likely still chaste, all of these girls who don’t observe SOCIAL HIJAB lose their power of deniability, and whenever the nudes of such girls come out, although mostly fake, everybody believes the scandal, or at least watches it to get pleasure because just yesterday he was sipping tea with her during the office lunch. 

In my country, this is used hundred and thousands of times by the bosses and male co-workers to exploit their female peers. Remember my country is the rape capital of the world. Stupid girls never speak up and stupid family of the girls always never support them, and girls keep getting molested and worse, all based on false pictures and videos. 

P.S. I wish some working women here would create a topic for how to practically follow social hijab for women. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mentioned images and the possibility of videos and that's completely true, there's one particular AI program which even produces fake videos. This has been used for fun in politics, there was a Donald Trump video and a Mark Zuckerberg one but it also been used for indecent stuff against innocent women as you said..... 

It was even used on some actors who were very angry with the AI software. Gal Gadot and some others were affected I believe. That was all over the news when it happened.. 

There's even a Wikipedia article on it and how it works and everything. But obviously there's no need to post that here I guess... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is messed up.

just wait some few years and there will actually be no hijab.

no to mention the airport security that can actually see your body in details in certain airports. I have seen it with my own eyes. in black and white.

what do we do when cameras, smartphones and glasses can see through your clothes? shall we all hide in basement?

I have found Muslims to be very quiet on this topic, and maybe even supportive.

I am pretty sure hijab will be gone soon. just look around, sisters are already taking it off by their own free will, or playing with it.

these types of computer programmes/ ai will be promoted very soon by our own governments in the name of security and anti terrorism and crimes and much more. majority of people will buy their hypocrisy and foolish talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If people conduct themselves in a modest and dignified way, nobody who knows them, nobody who matters, will be fooled by fake photos. Worrying over it is futile. Just act the way you're supposed to act - you aren't responsible for the choices strangers make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ruqaya101 said:

What’s it called?

and why can’t you go into further detail??

Because I don't want people downloading it and using it. At this point, this program is not very easy to find or use. To do that would take a little bit of skill, so it's not 'mainstream' yet. Hopefully it never will be. Like I said before there are big tech companies, like Google, that are actually trying to stop this code from getting out. But most of this activity is taking place on the Dark Web, which these companies have no presence or control over. The scariest part is that sisters will have no idea that these images of them even exist until they see them on the Internet. That is why I am trying my best to warn everyone without giving away the techniques about how to do this. I am not naive enough to think that there is no one reading these posts who doesn't have the desire and skill to try to make these kinds of images. 

You don't need to go hide in a basement, as some have suggested. Even if it goes mainstream, and the generated images start popping up all over the Internet, there are still ways you can protect yourself. You may start seeing  non Muslim women start to wear hijab just to protect themselves, while many Muslim women will be rejecting it and take the risk even though hijab is part of their religion. Ironic, isn't it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should not worry about this at all. First of all, a Muslim girl doesnt let a stranger who she doesnt know take pic from her. We really should not even consider it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know where you live, but where most of us live people walk around with their phones out everywhere. It is extremely easy for them to take a picture of a Muslim girl or any girl without  her knowing about it. 

Again I am not saying people should panic or hide in a basement but they should be aware and take appropriate precautions and not walk around thinking 'It couldnt happen to me'. 

In fact, the most likely target for someone who wants to do this for blackmail is a girl who does not wear proper hijab but covers her skin and doesnt do other indecent stuff like party, send out revealing pics, etc. Girls who already do this are not a good target because for them it isnt such a huge problem if someone does this to them. But for a girl who is modest in general but does a few things, like wear tight cloths in public it is a much bigger problem. Thus they are a much more 'juicy' target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Along with being cautious of not allowing any stranger take their photo, sisters should avoid uploading fancy selfies/closeup/fullshot with body-hugging hijab or hijabless on Twitter/fb/insta. Everyone has access to social media and someone with malicious intent can exploit these pictures. 

Thank you brother Abu Hadi for bringing this up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Along with being cautious of not allowing any stranger take their photo, sisters should avoid uploading fancy selfies/closeup/fullshot with body-hugging hijab or hijabless on Twitter/fb/insta. Everyone has access to social media and someone with malicious intent can exploit these pictures. 

Thank you brother Abu Hadi for bringing this up.

its better to not have social media at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 3:01 PM, Abu Hadi said:

I don’t know where you live, but where most of us live people walk around with their phones out everywhere. It is extremely easy for them to take a picture of a Muslim girl or any girl without  her knowing about it. 

Again I am not saying people should panic or hide in a basement but they should be aware and take appropriate precautions and not walk around thinking 'It couldnt happen to me'. 

In fact, the most likely target for someone who wants to do this for blackmail is a girl who does not wear proper hijab but covers her skin and doesnt do other indecent stuff like party, send out revealing pics, etc. Girls who already do this are not a good target because for them it isnt such a huge problem if someone does this to them. But for a girl who is modest in general but does a few things, like wear tight cloths in public it is a much bigger problem. Thus they are a much more 'juicy' target.

maybe spread awarness of this in Islamic communities for those that are involved.

another reason to observe PROPER hijab, which involves more than just clothes.

Edited by AkhiraisReal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 8:15 PM, Abu Hadi said:

My main concern with this is that people will produce these then use them to blackmail sisters and say they will post them on facebook unless...

This is a real serious issue. Imagine a sick animal like this blackmailing a chaste sister or ruining her reputation...

I think part of the solution will also be to raise awareness that such software exist, so that people will not take these fake images seriously when they come up. If people do not take them seriously then sisters could not easily be blackmailed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kaya said:

 

I think part of the solution will also be to raise awareness that such software exist, so that people will not take these fake images seriously when they come up. If people do not take them seriously then sisters could not easily be blackmailed. 

true!

maybe speakers should even have lectures discussion these kind of issues and future oncoming issues for hijabi sisters.

Edited by AkhiraisReal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. However,what I fail to understand is that how is it more dangerous than the other software which can be potential blackmail tools like photoshop etc? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2019 at 5:24 AM, starlight said:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. However,what I fail to understand is that how is it more dangerous than the other software which can be potential blackmail tools like photoshop etc? 

The reason why is because Photoshop doesn't have the ability to make very convincing fakes. Photoshop relies on the user to clip, adjust, etc parts of the image to fit the surrounding color, lighting, etc. People are not very good at doing this and also not good at figuring out angles and shapes based on previous examples. Newer technologies has allowed the computer itself to 'learn' how to do this perfectly by using thousands, or sometimes millions of examples of human forms and shapes and how they interact with light and how this light reflects off surrounding objects. It can also 'guess' what covered parts of the anatomy would look like without clothes, even if those parts are clothed in the photograph. This is something that photoshop and other image editing programs cannot do. In the previous versions of AI, those 'guesses' were not accurate enough to be convincing. But with current AI technologies using lots of computing power (which is now more widely available to the average person) it is a lot more convincing.  AI is different than manual, human driven image editing in a fundamental way, in that it can do millions of tries and find the best one (something that would take humans a lifetime to do one image)  and it can 'learn' over time which is the best one, based on input from it's programmer, the human. It can then internalize that information into it's own program (also called 'model building') so that next time the program runs, the starting point for it's guesses will be much more accurate. Repeat this process a few times and you will have something that is so accurate that most people who looked at it will not think it is a fake. They will think it is real. The guy who made this program integrated those technologies into one piece of code and released it to the public. That is the part that is troubling. 

So it is a few steps beyond what was actually possible a few years ago, even when someone who is an expert in using Photoshop could do, and most of the people who attempted to make these 'fakes' using the manual, non AI process were not experts so it was obvious to most people that these were fakes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, starlight said:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. However,what I fail to understand is that how is it more dangerous than the other software which can be potential blackmail tools like photoshop etc? 

if one wants to do some sinister things there is alot of options, therefore sisters should be cautious in the first place, since they are the biggest targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted this because I want sisters who are on the fence about wearing hijab to imagine a scenario. You are asleep in the middle of the night then your phone starts going off. You try to ignore it and go back to sleep, but it keeps going for 10 minutes. Then you pick it up 

When you open your social media you start seeing tons of messages from your friends. OMG. What did u do ? What a ... 

Then u open the posts and see those images of u. But you know you never took those pictures. Thoughts start racing through your mind. You start to sweat. Maybe pass out. Then you realize this isnt a nightmare. I am awake. This really just happened. You then start to panic

I can tell you right now that the only time you can prevent this from happeneing is now. The only way you can prevent it is by wearing proper hijab. If u think it can’t happen to you it can. Something to think about 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 4:20 AM, Abu Hadi said:

When you open your social media you start seeing tons of messages from your friends. OMG. What did u do ? What a ...

Salam there is also other applications in social media that can change your face from young to old that these application are free & available for everyone in name of entertainment  that have same root & affect as you said about this application.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 2:48 AM, Abu Hadi said:

Because I don't want people downloading it and using it. At this point, this program is not very easy to find or use. To do that would take a little bit of skill, so it's not 'mainstream' yet. Hopefully it never will be. Like I said before there are big tech companies, like Google, that are actually trying to stop this code from getting out. But most of this activity is taking place on the Dark Web, which these companies have no presence or control over. The scariest part is that sisters will have no idea that these images of them even exist until they see them on the Internet. That is why I am trying my best to warn everyone without giving away the techniques about how to do this. I am not naive enough to think that there is no one reading these posts who doesn't have the desire and skill to try to make these kinds of images. 

You don't need to go hide in a basement, as some have suggested. Even if it goes mainstream, and the generated images start popping up all over the Internet, there are still ways you can protect yourself. You may start seeing  non Muslim women start to wear hijab just to protect themselves, while many Muslim women will be rejecting it and take the risk even though hijab is part of their religion. Ironic, isn't it. 

Please I feel it is extraordinarily important to emphasize attempting to ban it or taking a heavy hand to the perpetrators will do literally nothing but prolong the inevitable as it always does in every human situation. Why must I'm it be so hard to accept that there is, as has been stated, one and only one solution prescribed 1400 years ago called PROPER Hijab?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 2:37 PM, Kaya said:

This is a real serious issue. Imagine a sick animal like this blackmailing a chaste sister or ruining her reputation...

I think part of the solution will also be to raise awareness that such software exist, so that people will not take these fake images seriously when they come up. If people do not take them seriously then sisters could not easily be blackmailed. 

Exactly! Why are the people so ignorant as to take computer generated images seriously?? Why hasn't this become inherently obvious a decade ago that such images are completely untrustworthy? Intelligence agencies have played off the like for 25 years now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab said:

Exactly! Why are the people so ignorant as to take computer generated images seriously?? Why hasn't this become inherently obvious a decade ago that such images are completely untrustworthy? Intelligence agencies have played off the like for 25 years now

Salam with recent development in AI , programs can generate false images & videos that has no difference with real Image that for women only defense is complete Hijab that prevents  scanning by these such types of AI powered softwares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2019 at 3:02 AM, Abu Hadi said:

Salam Alekum, 

Approximately 3 months ago, there was a computer program that was made that has the ability to create nude pictures of women, even if they are fully clothed. It uses AI (Artificial Intelligence) to guess what a women would look like without cloths based on the form of the women's body and it joins this data with female anatomic data plus a learning algorithm, that means the computer gets better and more accurate at producing these images with each successive set produced. The result is very accurate and realistic image or images of the women. Why am I telling you this. 

Sisters who either don't wear hijab or wear the 'Dearborn style' hijab , covered hair and tight cloths all over, and in danger of someone taking pictures of them and then using the program (I'm not going to give any more specific information about the program, so don't ask me. I would rather have you not believe me than to reveal more details. ) to process the images to produce nude photos of them without their consent or knowledge. Sisters who wear proper hijab are not at risk, at this point. There's another reason to wear proper hijab (Oh, besides it being wajib, it's wajib for a reason). I'm not going to lecture about that at this point. 

The point is that sisters, you need to be very aware of who is around you and who is taking pictures of you. Don't go into a full panic about this. You need to exercise some caution though. If you notice someone around you who is taking pictures of you from multiple angles (it takes more than just one image for this program to work), please figure out a way to stop the person or leave the area. Also, if I were a sister, especially a younger one, I would avoid public places where alot of tourists go, because this is the perfect cover for these animals in human form who are trying to take advantage of this situation to humiliate and exploit women. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) punish those who would do this to our Muslim sisters or any women actually. 

I am saying sisters because this program was written specifically to process female images in this way. It will not work with male images. Some of you know that I work in IT and I have some collegues who work at Google, yes that Google, and I can tell you that they are aware of how damaging this code could be if it gets widespread and they are actively trying to stop it from being downloaded. The problem is that the original programmer who uploaded it to a public site (Github) left it there for a few weeks, then took it down after realizing that this is something that could be very damaging to many women. But before they could take it down it was downloaded over 30,000 times, which means it is out there. So please, again, don't panic, but be careful and aware of your environment and if you don't know someone very well, don't allow them to take pictures of you from multiple angles. Please share this with your friends who are not on ShiaChat to make them aware. 

Oh, and one other thing. If there are some out there who know what program I am talking about and post details about it or links to it, I will not only ban you permenantly, but we have more details about you (behind the scenes). I will share that information with authorities. I hope that is clear. Don't do it. 

This is downright horrific  

Edited by Noor Taleb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The description in the OP isn't entirely correct. It doesn't use pictures of a female body to guess what the person would look like unclothed. It's designed to take one face and transpose it over another in a video. That is, you could take a video of one person (naked or not) and put someone else's face over one of the people in the video. Whether you have a tight dress or a loose one won't really matter much to the AI, as all it really does is learn how to 1. replace one person's face with another and 2. recreate the expressions of the original face on the second, inserted face. It's basically like the video version of Photoshop, and if the person in the original video was smiling, it will attempt to produce an image of you smiling.

While I'm not familiar with the exact specifications of how it works, having part of your face hidden by the hijab (e.g. your forehead) would present some issues for the AI as it would be hard for the AI to learn how to map another face's expression on your face without having access to your whole face. Still, most of our expressions come from the region below the eyebrows to a little over the chin, and those parts are usually visible even with hijab (unless you go for the full niqab).

In conclusion, the AI is designed to replace one face with another. It doesn't really try to guess what you look like naked; it just figures out how to replace one face with another. You could also use it to potentially replace, say, Trump's face in a speech and put yours on top of his body, with no nakedness involved. Of course, this technology isn't actually perfect. You can actually often guess if the face in the video isn't real, but it all depends on how much data the computer has to generate its results (the more the better the results) and even things like how close the original face is to the inserted one. Given a lot of data to work with and at least a similar original face, it can do relatively quite well. There are samples of people replacing actors in famous movies with other actors.

At least, that's my understanding from the news I've read about it, unless we're talking about different technologies. Though, on second thought, I would imagine training AI to learn to guess naked forms from tight clothing would rely on the same principles and could be achieved. Similarly, I imagine AI could also do well enough these days in taking millions of naked forms of random people and be able to slap your face over someone else's naked body and adjust the details so that the image is realistic enough, without actually needing to guess what your own naked body looks like through tight clothing. I'm not a machine learning engineer, but if it isn't possible now, we are at least somewhere around there in terms of the technology where it could be achieved soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Khadim uz Zahra said:

The description in the OP isn't entirely correct. It doesn't use pictures of a female body to guess what the person would look like unclothed. It's designed to take one face and transpose it over another in a video. That is, you could take a video of one person (naked or not) and put someone else's face over one of the people in the video. Whether you have a tight dress or a loose one won't really matter much to the AI, as all it really does is learn how to 1. replace one person's face with another and 2. recreate the expressions of the original face on the second, inserted face. It's basically like the video version of Photoshop, and if the person in the original video was smiling, it will attempt to produce an image of you smiling.

While I'm not familiar with the exact specifications of how it works, having part of your face hidden by the hijab (e.g. your forehead) would present some issues for the AI as it would be hard for the AI to learn how to map another face's expression on your face without having access to your whole face. Still, most of our expressions come from the region below the eyebrows to a little over the chin, and those parts are usually visible even with hijab (unless you go for the full niqab).

In conclusion, the AI is designed to replace one face with another. It doesn't really try to guess what you look like naked; it just figures out how to replace one face with another. You could also use it to potentially replace, say, Trump's face in a speech and put yours on top of his body, with no nakedness involved. Of course, this technology isn't actually perfect. You can actually often guess if the face in the video isn't real, but it all depends on how much data the computer has to generate its results (the more the better the results) and even things like how close the original face is to the inserted one. Given a lot of data to work with and at least a similar original face, it can do relatively quite well. There are samples of people replacing actors in famous movies with other actors.

At least, that's my understanding from the news I've read about it, unless we're talking about different technologies. Though, on second thought, I would imagine training AI to learn to guess naked forms from tight clothing would rely on the same principles and could be achieved. Similarly, I imagine AI could also do well enough these days in taking millions of naked forms of random people and be able to slap your face over someone else's naked body and adjust the details so that the image is realistic enough, without actually needing to guess what your own naked body looks like through tight clothing. I'm not a machine learning engineer, but if it isn't possible now, we are at least somewhere around there in terms of the technology where it could be achieved soon.

That's the old AI algorithm, that's been around since approx 2012. This is something else. You can't only use AI to process images of the face. This is one branch of the technology called facial recognition. There are other branches. You can build an AI model from any set of images. The most common use of AI, outside of facial recognition, is using it for medical purposes, by feeding it millions of images of say a tumor in the lungs. Then it can recognize lung cancer better than a human doctor can, based on these images.  The point is that AI has many branches. You give it a set of images, then tell it what you want. The only limitation is that those images must have enough data (information) in order to produce the result. 

So if you give the program hundreds of images of a body with skin tight or tight cloths, it can use those images, along with other datasets which are freely available, such as anatomical data sets, it can combine information from both sets of data (the images of the actual women plus the anatomical data) in order to produce the output (the naked pictures). Now if you give it pictures of women with full hijab plus the anatomical data, in can produce the output (the naked pictures) but these pictures won't be an accurate representation, they will be a more 'wild' guess, and this will be obvious, because the data that the program has does not have all the required information to produce the accurate results of the first example. This is how AI works, it is a  tool that can be used for different specific tasks. It has been around for about 30 to 40 years. What has changed in the last few years are two things, first AI requires massive amounts of computing power (fast CPUs plus memory) in order to produce accurate results in a timely fashion. These resources have not been widely available until recently. Second, there is code that is specifically written for this purpose. There is no 'general purpose' AI, like 'Skynet' in the movie 'Terminator.' You need to write code that will build models for a specific purpose. This specific application of AI, is something that only became possible in the recent past, and most people who probably thought of this application also realized how harmful it would be to humanity, so they didn't do it. Eventually though, as usual, someone did it, and unfortunately shared the code with others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is face app violating our privacy ?  The daily show with Trevor Noah 

Do not use faceapp (here's why..)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...