Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Hey guys 

many members of my family believe in stuff like it’s going to be moon eclipse and it’s bad and your not suppose to do something new like business and stuff and you have to read certain stuff to protect yourself and stuff like this and there are  videos where speakers are Muslims and speak about all this can some body explain to me the reality?

1 hour ago, BowTie said:

I don’t know but superstition is something cultural and traditional that ancestors probably came up with and we are supposed to believe in them in 2019?

I’m not a big believer of it. 

I agree with you but they have books which justify it so weird.

5 hours ago, Noor Taleb said:

you have to read certain stuff to protect yourself

Do they read it from a book called Majmua Wazaif? It's a little book with duas, names of Allah etc but the author says if you read certain names for on a certain day after a certain prayer 1,000 times then no calamity will fall until after a certain prayer on a certain day. There's also things about writing names with saffron and then, I don't remember if you have to dissolve it or eat it, but something apparently happens. I have one of those books but I don't follow the author on what he says, I just use it for learning the attributes of Allah.

Superstition comes from all cultures, but I do hear a lot from the Pakistani community because South Asian Muslims make up the majority in the United Kingdom and some superstitions are hard to escape!

Edited by aaaz1618

8 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

Do they read it from a book called Majmua Wazaif? It's a little book with duas, names of Allah etc but the author says if you read certain names for on a certain day after a certain prayer 1,000 times then no calamity will fall until after a certain prayer on a certain day. There's also things about writing names with saffron and then, I don't remember if you have to dissolve it or eat it, but something apparently happens. I have one of those books but I don't follow the author on what he says, I just use it for learning the attributes of Allah.

Superstition comes from all cultures, but I do hear a lot from the Pakistani community because South Asian Muslims make up the majority in the United Kingdom and some superstitions are hard to escape!

Do you jantri? thats the book my entire family reads it is filled with astrology and stars and future and compatability

7 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

this is completely unislamic as Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said this type of astrology & believing to it is disbelief 

I saw it in Farsi too but only few people in Iranian families take care about it 

so don't take it serious.

Salam you can find same thing also in Mafatih-Al-Jinan but all of it came from our Imams but now it's not common between Shia communities like as Iran but comes in it as practical  recommendations 

PRAYER FOR GAINING INTELLIGENCE AND GOOD MEMORY

In Makarim al-Akhlaq, the following is quoted from Imam al-Baqir and Imam al-Sadiq((عليه السلام).):

With a saffron liquid that is put in a clean vessel, you may write Surah al-Faatehah, Ayah al-Kursi, Surah al-Qadr, Surah Yasin, Surah al-Waqiah, Surah al-Hashr, Surah al-Mulk, Surah al-Tawheed, Surah al-Falaq, and Surah al-Nas, and wash the patch with water taken from Zamzam Spring, rainwater, or clean water. Then, you may put two mitigalsof olibanum (an aromatic gum formerly used in medicine but now chiefly as incense), ten mitigals of sugar, and ten mitigals of honey. You may then put it under sunlight and put a piece of iron on it. At the last hours of night, you may offer a two unit prayer in each unit of which you may recite Surah al-Faatehah and repeat Surah al-Tawheed fifty times. Upon accomplishment, you may drink that water, which is very useful and time-tested for strengthening memory, God willing.

At the end of Chapter Six, we will mention matters that strengthen memory.

http://alhassanain.org/english/?com=book&id=928

http://alhassanain.org/Urdu/?com=book&id=193

Ayatollah Hakim:

Followers of Ahl al-Bayt in Pakistan should promote Islam

http://en.abna24.com/news//followers-of-ahl-al-bayt-in-Pakistan-should-promote-islam_961465.html

July 15, 2019 - 5:11 PM News Code : 961465 Source : RasaLink: 

Followers of Ahl al-Bayt in Pakistan should promote Islam

A source of emulation, based in Najaf Ashraf, stressed the need for promotion of the holy religion of Islam in the Pakistani and Indian societies. 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): A source of emulation, based in Najaf Ashraf, stressed the need for promotion of the holy religion of Islam in the Pakistani and Indian societies. 

According to the correspondent of Rasa News Agency in the holy city of Najaf, a group of lovers of Ahl al-Bayt (عليه السلام), coming from Pakistan, met Ayatollah Sayyed Muhammad Saeed Hakim, a source of emulation based in Najaf Ashraf. 

During the visit, Ayatollah Hakim, stressing that Pakistani Shiites should follow the example of the ones who attended in Pakistan for the promotion of Islam in the past, maintained, “We are supposed to follow the example of the past in religious, moral and belief issues, as they promoted the heavenly religion and the instructions of the Prophet (S) and the infallible Imams.” 

He added, “The followers of Ahl al-Bayt (عليه السلام) in Pakistan and India should perform their task of introducing the religious culture and standing against the destructive Western culture. 

It should also be noted that the office of Ayatollah Sayyed Muhammad Saeed Hakim in Syria, held a mourning ceremony for Sayyed Muhammad Hussaini Shahroodi, an Iranian scholar. 

May you please quote the Hadith of Imam Ali speaking against astrology 

21 hours ago, Noor Taleb said:

Hey guys 

many members of my family believe in stuff like it’s going to be moon eclipse and it’s bad and your not suppose to do something new like business and stuff and you have to read certain stuff to protect yourself and stuff like this and there are  videos where speakers are Muslims and speak about all this can some body explain to me the reality?

There are negative impacts of sun eclipse and moon eclipse such as it affects children in wombs if mothers do not take care of them properly until the end of eclipse and besides that Our Imams have ordered us to pray Salatul Ayat during eclipses and earthquakes or land slides. However, our Imams have never stopped us from conducting businesses or other daily routine works except that one should do not do such things which may bring about physical inabilities. 

40 minutes ago, Flying_Eagle said:

There are negative impacts of sun eclipse and moon eclipse such as it affects children in wombs if mothers do not take care of them properly until the end of eclipse and besides that Our Imams have ordered us to pray Salatul Ayat during eclipses and earthquakes or land slides. However, our Imams have never stopped us from conducting businesses or other daily routine works except that one should do not do such things which may bring about physical inabilities. 

You said the exact same thing as my aunt 

it’s a compliment :D

Edited by Noor Taleb

3 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

What if I be your real aunt and I am seeing you are counting my mistakes here :furious:

Don't joke, the aunties and uncles are everywhere, take a packet of cookies from the supermarket shelf and you'll see a set of eyes.

19 hours ago, Noor Taleb said:

dude its filled with ASTROLOGY? :gossip:

Yes I know. My mum mostly reads it for entertainment. However, if I recall correctly it does have some duas in it and other useful Islamic (Shia) information in it too.

4 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

All this information and the annual dates for the above are contained in the Jantri (an Urdu book that is published annually). Can't say how much validity there is in it though.

12 hours ago, Aflower said:

Yes I know. My mum mostly reads it for entertainment. However, if I recall correctly it does have some duas in it and other useful Islamic (Shia) information in it too.

yes, I recited two duas from it one surah tobah that I recite even today and second Imam Ali's dua which he recited in battles : "Ya ho ya man, la ho ila ho".

On 7/16/2019 at 7:17 PM, Noor Taleb said:

May you please quote the Hadith of Imam Ali speaking against astrology 

4) Imam ‘Ali and the Astrologer

There are some who are heedless with respect to reflection, reasoning and tawakkul, and instead, turn to soothsayers and astrologers, who have cleverly started their business in order to swindle the people of their money.8 As an example, we shall present an incident that transpired during the time of Imam ‘Ali ((عليه السلام)).

The Commander of the Faithfuls((عليه السلام)) and his army had started out for the battle of Nahrawan against the Kharjites, and having reached the city of Madain, they pitched their tents. The next morning, as they were about to commence their journey, an astrologer approached them and said: “My astrological calculations reveal that it is not in your interest to advance in this hour. Commence your journey after three hours and you shall be victorious.”

Hearing this, the Imam ((عليه السلام)) said: “Whoever upholds your words has rejected the Qur`an of Allah.”9

He ((عليه السلام)) then asked: “Do you possess knowledge as to which family has taken over the reins of leadership in China?”

The astrologer replied: “I have no knowledge.”

The Imam ((عليه السلام)) questioned: “What is that star, which when rises, stirs up lust within the camels?”

The astrologer confessed: “I have no idea.”

The Imam ((عليه السلام)) asked: “The rise of which star stirs up passion within the cats?”

He said: “I do not know!”

He ((عليه السلام)) asked: “Inform me of the thing that is concealed beneath the hoofs of my horse.”

When the astrologer had once again pleaded ignorance, the Imam ((عليه السلام)) said to him: “Within the Earth, below the feet of my horse, lies a jar filled with gold coins and beneath which a serpent lies asleep.”

When the place was dug up, the people witnessed that the scenario was exactly as it had been described by the Imam ((عليه السلام)).

Observing this, the astrologer was totally bewildered; the Imam ((عليه السلام)) took possession of his books, ordered them to be destroyed and then said to him: “The next time you try to attract the people towards yourself by means of astrology, I shall put you behind bars.”10

https://www.al-Islam.org/anecdotes-reflection-part-3-Sayyid-Ali-Akbar-sadaaqat/60-intellect#4-Imam-‘Ali-and-astrologer

Then Amir al-mu’minin advanced towards the people and said:

O People! Beware of learning the science of stars except that with which guidance is sought on land or sea, because it leads to divining and an astrologer is a diviner, while the diviner is like the sorcerer, the sorcerer is like the unbeliever and the unbeliever would be in Hell. Get forward in the name of Allah

https://www.al-Islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-1-sermons/sermon-79-do-you-think-you-can-tell

https://www.imamreza.net/old/eng/imamreza.php?id=7390

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

I know a that black cat has something to do with facing a misfortune. NOT saying in anyway that they cause bad stuff but it's just a sign that you about to be in bad situation as it did happen to me.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:25 PM, Flying_Eagle said:

There are negative impacts of sun eclipse and moon eclipse such as it affects children in wombs if mothers do not take care of them properly until the end of eclipse and besides tha

Image result for begging meme

OHHHHH PLEEEEASSSSE! please free your mind of this nonsense.

1 hour ago, hasani said:

I know a that black cat has something to do with facing a misfortune. NOT saying in anyway that they cause bad stuff but it's just a sign that you about to be in bad situation as it did happen to me.

Do you know?

image.jpeg.0ef9e33f82432716974821235069a46c.jpeg

34 minutes ago, starlight said:

Was the encounter a misfortune for you or the black cat? 

& in case the cat is injured extremely, you should kill it to take the pain away. 

Luckily the cat survived. The street I lived at had many Feral cats running around but it was first time it happend to me.  

@starlight,  Maybe it was just a coincidence who knows. It has to be more than just a black cat crossing your way, like an accident. Doesnt a concept of evil eye exist in Islam? And I heard there are some ways to ward it off? Like not telling others about your happiness or working till you sweat a little bit. 

3 hours ago, hasani said:

Actually it almost got killed under my car. Obviously you have to change your views if something like this happens. 

I never believed in these things before that incident.

Salam you must also continue to not believing to  that superstition , there is some accidents that looks like very bad at first for you but maybe after few years you will understand that bad accident was a blessing for you & saved you from many bad events at that time .

4 hours ago, hasani said:

Actually it almost got killed under my car

One time my uncle hit an animal which was a size of a small dog or cat. It was dark on the sides & it had appeared out of nowhere. He made a u turn & stepped over it & left. Upon enquiry about why, he said it was to ease its pain. It makes sense than to live it there to die slowly.

On 7/16/2019 at 1:07 AM, Noor Taleb said:

Do you jantri? thats the book my entire family reads it is filled with astrology and stars and future and compatability

I’ve heard of this book from some people, I’m curious to know where it comes from? Do many Shias actually follow it?

1 minute ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

I’ve heard of this book from some people, I’m curious to know where it comes from? Do many Shias actually follow it?

My entire khaandaan (FAM)  and 50% Pakistani people 

:hahaha:

Edited by Noor Taleb

While I don't believe in jantris or the idea that astrology can influence our lives significantly, however, there are prescribed prayers to be offered during eclipses for instance or hadiths to make dua at certain times (like when its raining? If I recall correctly). So take care not to reject the Imami knowledge along with the rest of it.

Edited by Darth Vader