Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

Some people say why did God supported the Prophet's with miracles as this associates an inability with God to be able to convince people of truth without miracles?

@aaaz1618  @Flying_Eagle  @Ashvazdanghe

Edited by Noor Taleb

1 hour ago, Noor Taleb said:

Some people say why did God supported the Prophet's with miracles as this associates an inability with God to be able to convince people of truth without miracles?

God gave previous Prophets the ability to perform miracles so that people would be convinced of the truth. That was the whole point. When miracles no longer convinced people due to it being just perceived as the work of a magician or some illusion, the final Prophet was sent a message to the people and his miracle was just the Qur'an, he did not perform miracles as previous Prophets had. Yet people still complained and wanted great signs from God to prove the legitimacy of Muhammad's claim as Prophet, while it is clear that the miracle of the Qur'an was not believed either.

If God sends Prophets who did not perform miracles, people would say they were just normal men preaching to mighty kings. If God sends Prophets who did perform miracles, people would say they were magicians or using trickery. 

7 hours ago, Noor Taleb said:

this associates an inability with God to be able to convince people of truth without miracles

Salam for clarification the @aaaz1618 post : miracles always asked by non believers to be done by Prophets (عليه السلام)  but after not accepting miracles all enterd to no return point & by denying last powerful convincing act of Prpohets (عليه السلام) as miracles they perished forever also some Prophets like as Prophet Lut (عليه السلام) didn't do miracles & miracle just happened personally for Prophet Yunus (عليه السلام) that his nation was only nation that repented & saved when they saw wrath of Allah on themselves .

On 7/15/2019 at 12:46 AM, Noor Taleb said:

Miracles are sent for the truthfulness of Prophets and that Prophets are really divine and have the support of Allah (عزّ وجلّ). You might have seen that messengers were asked about miracles whenever their authority as emissary of Allah (عزّ وجلّ) was challenged. And, Allah (عزّ وجلّ) did not permitted for miracles until those demanding miracles stated: "If you show us this, we will believe you". Yet, after every miracle they were shown, they turned back. God never want to convince anyone against that person's will, if he would have wanted it, there was no point of creating humans as angels were already created with such ability that they believed without miracles and were convinced to begin with.

The purpose of human is different that is to teach all the creation including angels the Marifah of Allah (عزّ وجلّ). This you would ascertain from the Quranic verse where the angels argue: "Ya Allah! will you create for Earth those who will spill blood and cause mischief in the Earth while we are sufficient to worship you". Allah (عزّ وجلّ) replied: "What I know, you know not". Through humans Allah (عزّ وجلّ) shows to all creation that without my mercy, you would have perished like those who will end into hell and you will never be able to thank me only for one of my blessing that is I created you. 

Because of humans, angels cry much in prayers and feel love of their creator and because of people of hell, we understand what a great mess is losing Creator. 

On 7/15/2019 at 2:21 AM, aaaz1618 said:

he did not perform miracles as previous Prophets had. 

There were various miracles performed by Prophet (PBUHHP) and there are many fazail for them mentioned in History, such as on his birth, the great fire of persia became silent, the famous magicians lost their brains, one of the king was informed about his birth. The camel of Hazrat Halima (عليه السلام) paid visit to his home. The incident of Elephants took place while he was in the womb of Hazrat Amina (عليه السلام). From him the perfume of rose came, he never faltered in his speech, he never played in his childhood like children, he split moon in two parts. He one sentence was sufficient than one essay. The child he raised were Ali, Fatima, Hasan and Hussain. Imam Ali (عليه السلام) said the knowledge which he possessed was just the drop of water which he suckled from the mouth of Prophet (PBUHHP) and the list goes on. There is no end to the fazail of Prophet (PBUHHP). 

Edited by Abu Nur
Edit request (word Khadijah changed to Amina)

If he performed miracles then why did the people ask why he didn't show signs from Allah? Why did people wonder why he wasn't given the like that Moses, peace be upon him, was given? If he split the moon then why did nobody else in the world see it? Either these things did not happen or some of these things are normal, while others are over-glorification of a mortal. Remember, Allah said to him 'say glory be to my Lord, am I aught but a mortal, a messenger?' 

14 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

The incident of Elephants took place while he was in the womb of Hazrat Khaijah (عليه السلام).

Salam just for correction he was in womb of Lady Amina (sa) & Hazrat Khadijah (sa) was his wife.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

7 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

If he performed miracles then why did the people ask why he didn't show signs from Allah? Why did people wonder why he wasn't given the like that Moses, peace be upon him, was given? If he split the moon then why did nobody else in the world see it? Either these things did not happen or some of these things are normal, while others are over-glorification of a mortal. Remember, Allah said to him 'say glory be to my Lord, am I aught but a mortal, a messenger?' 

Salam Prophet (pbu) did miracles but people specially Jews never satisfied with his miracles & later Sunni sources censored most of it to show him just a normal human ,but about splitting moon it mentioned in Sunni sources too more than Shia sources that some Shia researches belive it will happen after Imam Mahdi (aj) reappearance or can be refers to separation of light of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) from Prophet Muhammad (pbu) that in Shia sources mentioned that both lights were with each other until time of birth of Prophet Muhammd (pbu) that these two light seperated to Prophet (pbu) & Imam Ali (عليه السلام) ,  

Allah said to him 'say glory be to my Lord, am I aught but a mortal, a messenger?'

all Prophets were mortal messengers but all of them were higher than people of their time but Prophet Muhmmad (pbu) had higher position than all of them till end of time not just in his time but as a human he was a mortal messenger but Sunni sources interpreted it based of Israeliats that in Israeliats all Prophets were people with mistakes & sometimes sins.

8 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Sunni sources censored most of it to show him just a normal human ,but about splitting moon it mentioned in Sunni sources too 

Sunni sources also state he performed miracles, some even go as far as to say he was born without an umbilical cord and had no shadow. Yes, I have heard the splitting story in Sunni sources primarily.

Anyway, whether I agree or disagree, I feel I have brought Noor Taleb's post off topic a little so I shall leave it at that.

Edited by aaaz1618

16 minutes ago, aaaz1618 said:

Sunni sources also state he performed miracles, some even go as far as to say he was born without an umbilical cord and had no shadow. Yes, I have heard the splitting story in Sunni sources primarily.

Anyway, whether I agree or disagree, I feel I have brought Noor Taleb's post off topic a little so I shall leave it at that.

No you didn’t  bring it off topic 

:grin:

Salaam, sorry if this is off-topic but how come in today’s day and age there are no miracles broadcasted to the world by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to convince them that this is the truth. We do hear of miracles in the shrines and of Imam al Mahdi, but why is the world (including the non-Muslims) not made aware of this? Is this the trial of the end times that we will get more thawab for believing through our intellect and by reading the guidance of the Qur’an? 

@Ashvazdanghe @Flying_Eagle @aaaz1618

Thanks

3 hours ago, Ejaz said:

Salaam, sorry if this is off-topic but how come in today’s day and age there are no miracles broadcasted to the world by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to convince them that this is the truth. We do hear of miracles in the shrines and of Imam al Mahdi, but why is the world (including the non-Muslims) not made aware of this? Is this the trial of the end times that we will get more thawab for believing through our intellect and by reading the guidance of the Qur’an? 

Thanks

Many miracles happen in the world and those who look for it find it, I do not think that anyone would believer other person unless the same has seen those miracles with his own naked eyes. One of the miracle which I am going to talk about is that when Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) were martyred, people witness blood rain from sky. And, I was searching for a natural cause it, then I found its explanation with the help of Allah (عزّ وجلّ) following picture from the net.

Microbial activity make snow red

Edited by Flying_Eagle

5 hours ago, Flying_Eagle said:

Many miracles happen in the world and those who look for it find it, I do not think that anyone would believer other person unless the same has seen those miracles with his own naked eyes. One of the miracle which I am going to talk about is that when Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) were martyred, people witness blood rain from sky. And, I was searching for a natural cause it, then I found its explanation with the help of Allah (عزّ وجلّ) following picture from the net.

Microbial activity make snow red

MashAllah that red snow phenomenon see how beautifully Allah does miracles that no body can deny !!! 

13 hours ago, Ejaz said:

Thanks

It can take a person half their adult life to come to believe in God, so it is difficult to see people such as non-Muslims believe in miracles alone. Besides, most miracles that people would class as phenomena are explainable in ways that don't even touch upon religion or spirituality.

The continuation of life is a miracle, but I think many either don't see it like that or forget it. Again, those who have no belief in God explain such a miracle in scientific terms.

2 hours ago, aaaz1618 said:

It can take a person half their adult life to come to believe in God, so it is difficult to see people such as non-Muslims believe in miracles alone. Besides, most miracles that people would class as phenomena are explainable in ways that don't even touch upon religion or spirituality.

The continuation of life is a miracle, but I think many either don't see it like that or forget it. Again, those who have no belief in God explain such a miracle in scientific terms.

I think people who do believe in God may also explain a miracle in scientific terms. Since every action of God is logical, 

7 hours ago, Noor Taleb said:

I think people who do believe in God may also explain a miracle in scientific terms. Since every action of God is logical, 

Miracles have no scientific explanation as they happen in a different way such as you may know that snakes come from snakes but in terms of Prophet Moses (عليه السلام), his stick became snake, and the magicians of Pharaoh were astounded watching that and could not explain that except they said that it is a miracle because no human could create such thing and believed in Allah (عزّ وجلّ). Miracles literally means "Happening of something impossible which defeats Human reasoning". 
"

Through miracles Allah (عزّ وجلّ) teaches people that if Allah (عزّ وجلّ) wants He can change the color of water to red about whom you were unaware before. And, when such miracle is known, it becomes a discovery of miracle but people rather focus on the theory and do not thank Allah. 

Edited by Flying_Eagle

On 7/17/2019 at 4:39 PM, Ejaz said:

Thanks

Salam ,because we don't have organised propaganda channel & channels that are telling about such miracles don't translate it to languages like as English also they don't consider it's validaty & documents although all miracles inshrines are recording by their archive but they hardly release it because they afraid of accusing to spreading superstition.

For example the following miracle has unrefutable documents in Jmakaran mosque but bad positioning subtitles ruind it's message 

Miracle of healing Sunni boy by Imam Mahdi (aj) & becoming Shia & burying in Imam Reza (عليه السلام) shrine ,that Imam Mahdi (aj) said to him he will back to life when he reappears 

Lower quality with bad positioning subs

High quality without subs

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

@Ashvazdanghe the translator wasted a good video. Really, I wanted to watch it but cannot read half of sentences. 

Besides these miracles, there are miracles like Hazrat Sheikh Sudooq (رضي الله عنه) was born with the dua of Imam-e-Zamana (عليه السلام). Problem is that because of too much fake news, miracles are seldom mentioned.

On 7/17/2019 at 10:09 PM, Ejaz said:

Thanks

On 7/18/2019 at 11:14 AM, aaaz1618 said:

Just to add onto this, we have the Qur’an as the biggest miracle and as the Qur’an says the sun and the moon and the alternation of night and day are also signs for men of understanding. The Qur’an’s miracles would be from a mathematical, historical and most primarily of linguistic nature (also scientific but I don’t like using this). Though I need to do more research on this.

Now He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) does not communicate to us directly as a sign or miracle like he did with the Prophets (عليه السلام), though I believe He (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) uses wasila like the Imam al Mahdi (عليه السلام) (for sincere worshippers I suppose right now but when he reappears it will be a more direct communication), the Qur’an and our fitrah.