Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
BowTie

Crazed ex-husband taunts ex-wife daughter of Lebanese MP

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam , it's based on Shia Sharia law too.

Yes but majority of courts around the world are dominated by the opinions of Sayed Sistani who states a boy remains with his mother till the age of 2 and the daughter till the age of 7 or 9 and they are automatically turned to their father no matter the consequences, and most fathers keep them with the grandparents or whatever. Theres no real background checks or anything. Also most marital and divorce laws are according to rulings of Sayed Sistani. In Lebanon for example, one can’t fulfil rulings according to Sayed Khamenei or Sayed Fadlallah because the Supreme Islamic Shia Council in Lebanon follow rulings Sayed Sistani. And because its a sensitive issue no one talks about it but in reality everyone wants reform.

1 hour ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

Though I agree with you that mistreatment of women is horrible, I don’t see how it is specific to Shia martial law. I could see how it is abuse of the law.

Its not abuse of the law, its more that current law has a lot of loopholes and laws that can give an upperhand to one side over the other.

and what I learned over time. Many religious people find loopholes for immoral things and they would do it. Forgetting morals and akhlaq. 

49 minutes ago, realizm said:

:salam:

Nobody brought up the muqaddam and mu'akkhar ruling of Shia Islamic Nikkah so far.

Yet, that is probably another, if not the most frequent cause of future-ex-wife abuse in our countries, more than children - I guess you can reach common ground for your own blood but not money.

And after all these years, I have learned, during the kataba kitab of my sister, that the mu'akkhar part is not even an obligation.

I am disgressing here. But be it for money or children, Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) told us all.

الْمَالُ وَالْبَنُونَ زِينَةُ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا ۖ وَالْبَاقِيَاتُ الصَّالِحَاتُ خَيْرٌ عِندَ رَبِّكَ ثَوَابًا وَخَيْرٌ أَمَلًا ﴿٤٦

Apparently the ex-husband of this story was paid $10,000 to accept giving her the divorce.

5 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Dubai ruler's wife flees to London in bid for political asylum

Top 10 Richest Muslim women In The World

Saudi sisters on run from authorities – and father they say abused them

Women are trying to escape Saudi Arabia, but not all of them make it | Four Corners

EXTENDED INTERVIEW: Rahaf Mohammed on escaping Saudi Arabia to Canada

The runaway princess of Dubai: Part one | 60 Minutes Australia

The runaway princess of Dubai: Part Two | 60 Minutes Australia

Okay but to be fair this isnt because of Sunni law, this is because of Royalty and Kingdoms weird approaches

1 hour ago, BowTie said:

Its not abuse of the law, its more that current law has a lot of loopholes and laws that can give an upperhand to one side over the other.

and what I learned over time. Many religious people find loopholes for immoral things and they would do it. Forgetting morals and akhlaq. 

Trying to find loopholes is a way of avoiding laws so the laws in of itself might not be the problem.

In the case you have mentioned it seems that the man is no longer mahram to the women if I understood it correctly so his way of contacting them, even beating them, is already against the law.

Whether its abuse of law or finding loopholes, I have found that it happens in all set of laws be it Muslim ones, Christian ones, secular ones, etc.

Do you have a link to the marital laws that they apply in Lebanon? Would be interesting to read.

57 minutes ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

Trying to find loopholes is a way of avoiding laws so the laws in of itself might not be the problem.

In the case you have mentioned it seems that the man is no longer mahram to the women if I understood it correctly so his way of contacting them, even beating them, is already against the law.

Whether its abuse of law or finding loopholes, I have found that it happens in all set of laws be it Muslim ones, Christian ones, secular ones, etc.

Do you have a link to the marital laws that they apply in Lebanon? Would be interesting to read.

It is true, but Shia marital laws in Lebanon has a lot of gaps where a wife and children can’t be fully protected. Children are the victims in the end. The problem is your answers are “its law and it happens” instead of actually realizing there is a problem in the Muslim society how can we tweak the laws for more protection and less problems. Instead we speak as if these laws are divine. These laws are just interpreted. 

Regarding “secular” my friend because people have had enough with religious courts, many people are doing Katb Kitab and then marry in civil courts. Why because of the dark aged laws and corruption of the Islamic courts. While our counci, wants to keep corruption, no reform, and say civil marriage is not acceptable. 

The laws in Lebanon Shia courts are the same as Sayed Sistanis

2 hours ago, BowTie said:

It is true, but Shia marital laws in Lebanon has a lot of gaps where a wife and children can’t be fully protected. Children are the victims in the end. The problem is your answers are “its law and it happens” instead of actually realizing there is a problem in the Muslim society how can we tweak the laws for more protection and less problems. Instead we speak as if these laws are divine. These laws are just interpreted. 

Regarding “secular” my friend because people have had enough with religious courts, many people are doing Katb Kitab and then marry in civil courts. Why because of the dark aged laws and corruption of the Islamic courts. While our counci, wants to keep corruption, no reform, and say civil marriage is not acceptable. 

The laws in Lebanon Shia courts are the same as Sayed Sistanis

I don’t have any insight in how things are done in Lebanon so I can’t say anything about that, I was only referring to how things usually go down when it comes to laws and humans.

Im not sure its right to call it "Shia marital laws" since it seems your referring to the laws of seyyed Sistani only. Do you know if they have similar problems in Iraq where I pressume that most Shias follow the marital laws of seyyed Sistani as well?

48 minutes ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

I don’t have any insight in how things are done in Lebanon so I can’t say anything about that, I was only referring to how things usually go down when it comes to laws and humans.

Im not sure its right to call it "Shia marital laws" since it seems your referring to the laws of seyyed Sistani only. Do you know if they have similar problems in Iraq where I pressume that most Shias follow the marital laws of seyyed Sistani as well?

Its not Shia Rulings but when majority of Shia Muslim courts around the world undergo rulings and laws of Sayed Sistani, yes, it becomes in general Shia rulings. When there is more diversity being implemented then I can say it depends here is different than there. Yes, in Iraq and rest of the Arabian gulf, Europe, Pakistan, etc..

15 hours ago, BowTie said:

In Lebanon for example, one can’t fulfil rulings according to Sayed Khamenei or Sayed Fadlallah because the Supreme Islamic Shia Council in Lebanon follow rulings Sayed Sistani. 

I think it needs to be reformed too but how. Imagine a man follows sayyed Khamenei and the wife follows sayyed Sistani. How would they deal with these things if they follow another marja.

10 minutes ago, Lebanese313 said:

I think it needs to be reformed too but how. Imagine a man follows sayyed Khamenei and the wife follows sayyed Sistani. How would they deal with these things if they follow another marja.

I don’t think any woman is happy with the divorce and custody laws of Sayed Sistani :verryhappy:

19 hours ago, BowTie said:

Yes but majority of courts around the world are dominated by the opinions of Sayed Sistani who states a boy remains with his mother till the age of 2 and the daughter till the age of 7 or 9 and they are automatically turned to their father no matter the consequences, and most fathers keep them with the grandparents or whatever. Theres no real background checks or anything. Also most marital and divorce laws are according to rulings of Sayed Sistani. In Lebanon for example, one can’t fulfil rulings according to Sayed Khamenei or Sayed Fadlallah because the Supreme Islamic Shia Council in Lebanon follow rulings Sayed Sistani. And because its a sensitive issue no one talks about it but in reality everyone wants reform.

Salam , Iran court law mostly based on opinions of Imam Khomeini (رضي الله عنه) & Imam Khamenei  (ha) so we  may see differences .

the problem is in adopting Shia sharia law to modern world & interpretations from original laws that creates loophole because Morals & Akhlaq  don't have priority in interpretation that make Shia sharia laws without souls & with loopholes that in reforms experts must consider these two factor too.

Okay but to be fair this isnt because of Sunni law, this is because of Royalty and Kingdoms weird approaches

Sunni law about women is just for abusing & oppressing women because they refer their laws & applying it to second caliph that was oppressing all women & there is famous stories that sometimes when pregnant women were hearing about his coming to their region , they had miscarriage just because of their fear of hearing his name  but Imam Ali (عليه السلام) he was saving women from his severe punishments & was judging with kindness about women during his caliphate.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe