Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MuslimPool

If you were born

Rate this topic

Guest MuslimPool

Hindu you would be Hindu.. how can you justify such strong belief when its just an accident you were born into the religion you were.

Not true!

My mother converted from Protestant Christian to Catholic Christian, and I converted to Shia Islam. Many members of shiachat do not follow the religion of their parents.

But if it happens that a person is born into another religion, not Islam, and never learns about other people and faiths, that person will be judged according to the knowledge he or she had available. A person who is raised Hindu and never learns of Islam is not condemned to eternal punishment. That would be injustice.

Edited by notme
typos

I suppose it depends how much you indoctrinate things. I will raise my kids according to Islamic values but in terms of the the practices, I will only consider introducing them when I know they are responsible and understand what they are doing, why and have a genuine desire to do it.

I don't agree with believing something just because, just because your parents do, just because it's what it is, I believe in what I do because I was given the chance to make my own mind up and explore through reason and logic the religion of Islam to this day. I should not assume my kids should believe in a religion without having a say in the matter, that is why we have such a problem today, kids believe in whatever is passed down to them, even if they do not understand why and even if what they inherit is lies or bad practice. For example, the total disassociation in the United Kingdom between older Muslim settlers from the Indian subcontinent and second or third generation British Indians is alarming- kids are just sitting in mosques hearing things in a language from an ancestoral home they hardly speak about subjects matters that are of no relevance to their generation.

Anyway, if a kid comes into a certain religion, nobody can guarantee they won't fly off the rails anyway. It's really how you approach matters and present religion to kids.

Edited by aaaz1618

Many people are born to religious parents and  don't have a faith of there own or belong to a different faith than there parents. Your still making a decision even if you practice your parents faith devoutly. Who you born to only dictates what your taught to believe not what you actually believe born Muslims are making a decision to have faith the same way I am as a revert.